PDA

View Full Version : just built my b4 and have problems

discountbedsbelfast
27-12-2009, 10:54 PM
hi just finished my b4 and when i push the front down it sticks and wont come up again on less i do it.....just sticking and even if it screw the spring tenchners right down it still does it???

MikePimlott
27-12-2009, 10:58 PM
hi just finished my b4 and when i push the front down it sticks and wont come up again on less i do it.....just sticking and even if it screw the spring tenchners right down it still does it???

sounds like the wishbones are sticking on the bulkhead or the hinge pins are tight.

if you remove the shock does the wishbone move up and down freely ??

blitzboy
27-12-2009, 11:02 PM
ok buddy that would be the pistons inside the shock shaft when you take them off the set to build the shock they may have a rough edge that is causing them to catch insde the shock when you push it down it wont rebound as the lug on the plastic piston stopping it from returning up the shaft so best be is to strip and rebuild the shocks checking the piston for any rough edges and be for re filling the shock with oils check the shaft moves freely up and down inside the shock barrel then fill with oil ,, hope that helps ya dude

blitzboy
27-12-2009, 11:04 PM
sounds like the wishbones are sticking on the bulkhead or the hinge pins are tight.

i agree with this too worth checking first before stripping the shocks out

if you remove the shock does the wishbone move up and down freely ??
strip the shocks and rebuild

discountbedsbelfast
27-12-2009, 11:10 PM
sweet ill take the shocks of and try wish bones then if i need to re do shocks:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

blitzboy
27-12-2009, 11:13 PM
cool take all the shocks off and make sure that when you lift a wishbone it should dropp freely by itself buddy ,, if this is the case then it wil be the pistons with a burr edge in the shock ,,

MALLET
27-12-2009, 11:15 PM
It usually due to the mould flashing around the wish arm pin holes inner and outer. They just need filing flat and then you'll be fine.