PDA

View Full Version : Video Camera

Chequered Flag Racing
29-12-2009, 10:30 AM
looking for something in the sales that records to SD cards

what have you used or using that's worth a look at?

poopers
29-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I haven’t got a clue about standard definiton video cameras, other than Panasonic seem to be on the money with most stuff camera related these days.

For a cheap HD video recorder, which is easy to use and easy to carry around I’d look at the Flip Ultra (has a fixed amount of memory) or Kodak Zi8. Both have a few shortcomings, as expected at their price point and with their lens sizes, but they’re very handy. I've played with both and prefer the Flip Ultra, it has a smoother zoom.

As a side note, I was in the market for a new video camera and gave up looking at video specific and bought a DSLR (canon 500d), which has built in HD video recording. Initially expensive, but actually quite a cheap solution compared to buying a new digital camera and video recorder separately (I was in need of both). Also, having the slr lens options for video makes for some pretty awesome footage.

Chequered Flag Racing
29-12-2009, 12:42 PM
As a side note, I was in the market for a new video camera and gave up looking at video specific and bought a DSLR (canon 500d), which has built in HD video recording. footage.

Don't think I'll go that route as it's a his & her's so needs to be a video camera 1st and can store pics on card if need be.

Plan is to get the VC and sneak it out to RC meetings. Save me paying for one.

thanks for your input

purpletimbo
29-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Canon MV730i, bought a cheap used one, records to tape for long ones, and SD for shorts and pics, seems to take good video and has a remote.
Think I got it for about £70 with tapes etc.:thumbsup:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-MV630i-Mini-DV-Camcorder-USB-Case-and-SD-card_W0QQitemZ280444156432QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Au dioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders?hash=item414bc63 a10

dodgydiy
29-12-2009, 11:31 PM
have a look on www.cpc.co.uk, they had a standard def video camera taking sd cards on offer for 39.99 recently and i know they do a practica hd one for £159, it works well for me.

Chequered Flag Racing
30-12-2009, 08:20 AM
records to tape for long ones, and SD for shorts and pics

want to move away from tapes :thumbdown: as they are a pain to copy, thanks anyway

looking to record to sd only, but may consider mini dvd

JCJC
30-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Some of the canon's look interesting, the FS200 and the Legria range, of course they save as .mov files so editing software may need to be changed/upgraded (can change .mov to .mpg on the computer, works for some)

Chequered Flag Racing
30-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Some of the canon's look interesting, the FS200 and the Legria range, of course they save as .mov files so editing software may need to be changed/upgraded (can change .mov to .mpg on the computer, works for some)

OK, have done mov to mpg