PDA

View Full Version : Hereford Radio Car Club ***NEW*** Website

markwilliamson2001
01-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Hi all, I have been occupied over the last couple of weeks doing the new Hereford Radio Car Club website:

See Here: http://www.1st-hrcc.co.uk

We would love to raise the profile of our club in the Mid-West region, and hope to arrange an indoor winter series possibly as part of the Mid-West region.

Feel free to comment and suggest things!

Mark Williamson

RogerM
01-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Mark,

is the track shown on the video clip for 1/10th typical of what you normally build up? Reason I ask is that there seems to be a lot of features, hardly any of the lap is a flowing sequence of corners without some form of ramp.

Looks like you mix 2 & 4wd on a typical club night, which is the most popular at the club?

Just curious before I try and get a friday off job 2 to pop over.

ex-sco77morgan
01-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Will it be in the large sports hall facility??

Welshy40
01-01-2010, 03:18 PM
You guys have come a long way since the 90s when Terry was involved and invited me down. I enjoyed the old outdoor dirt track you had as well as doing a major indoor event on shiney wood. Great fun.

wezzer
01-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Mark,

is the track shown on the video clip for 1/10th typical of what you normally build up? Reason I ask is that there seems to be a lot of features, hardly any of the lap is a flowing sequence of corners without some form of ramp.

Looks like you mix 2 & 4wd on a typical club night, which is the most popular at the club?

Hi
nope its not always like that, we just experiment with lots of different things, for club nights anyway, its good fun and the tracks are usually flowing and have a fair few features but not too many, any way its off road roger, you want flat? dont expect it with us :p

wezzer
01-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Will it be in the large sports hall facility??

oh yes big man it most certainly will !!
i have raced for nearly 14 years now and this is one of the best venues i have found to race in, well lit, loads of space, good people and organisation, the only down side is it kinda off the beaten track but thats something we cant really change lol:thumbsup:

ollie
01-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi,

The new website is more informative and far better than the old one, well-done.

ollie
01-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Mark,

Its off-road you can never have too many features in a track, the days of flat tracks have gone and will hopefully never return.

Long live jumps, ramps and any other feature that tests the suspension on my buggy!!!

ex-sco77morgan
01-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Wez I completely agree, great venue and I'm in ........

Just need to generate enough interest for a cracking meeting !!

_sleigh_
01-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Definately agree, this venue is awesome. You can count me in too for any big meeting and the odd club night. I've praised the club several times to the BRCA committee in the hope you could get an indoor winter meeting. Hopefully this can be made to happen soon.

Can buggies be run on the clubs nights that are NOT specifically marked as offroad? I'd like to come down this month, but the offroad nights both clash with weekend meetings (Petit & BNWO)

Jonesy
01-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Hi all, I have been occupied over the last couple of weeks doing the new Hereford Radio Car Club website:

See Here: http://www.1st-hrcc.co.uk

We would love to raise the profile of our club in the Mid-West region, and hope to arrange an indoor winter series possibly as part of the Mid-West region.

Feel free to comment and suggest things!

Mark Williamson

Hi Mark,

In relation to anything Mid West contact Tom Yardy, he's the best one to help (sorry if you know that and I'm stating the obvious)

wezzer
01-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Definately agree, this venue is awesome. You can count me in too for any big meeting and the odd club night. I've praised the club several times to the BRCA committee in the hope you could get an indoor winter meeting. Hopefully this can be made to happen soon.

Can buggies be run on the clubs nights that are NOT specifically marked as offroad? I'd like to come down this month, but the offroad nights both clash with weekend meetings (Petit & BNWO)

yo
unfortunatly not as it is an oval night so no circuit :thumbdown:

markwilliamson2001
01-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys!

@sleigh:

On the oval nights, it is just a very small oval to be brutally honest, and not worth bringing down a buggy for, as it is meant to be for mardave mini-stocks and hot-rods. We run alternate weeks at Leominster, and will do all through the summer months as well.

We are running the micro nationals on in march, which I would recommend anyone from the mid-west section to come over and have a look at these fantastic little things go! The track will also be a very good representation of what we could do for a winter series 10th scale meeting.

@jonesy:
I am aware that Tom is the man in charge, but we are currently trying to decide where to best put our dates and get it all booked up with the leisure centre at present. Some discussions with those running the MAM would be ideal, as it would be bad if they clashed, and both series were effected... Tom was present for our SC10 meeting, and he was very impressed with the venue on the day. Who knows??

Hope this helps anyone.

Regards

_sleigh_
01-01-2010, 09:02 PM
No worries. I'll have to see about squeezing in a Friday night in early Feb.

_sleigh_
01-01-2010, 09:05 PM
We are running the micro nationals on in march, which I would recommend anyone from the mid-west section to come over and have a look at these fantastic little things go! The track will also be a very good representation of what we could do for a winter series 10th scale meeting.

Already sorted for this one. Loan car sorted, just need to get the entry in.

GRIFF55
01-01-2010, 10:24 PM
great place to race, freindly guys and one if not the best indoor venue i have raced at!!:thumbsup: I'd love to come to any meets you got going dates permitting

neiloliver
02-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Great Website! - the embedded calendar is a good idea.

I will see if some of the Oz crew want to come down for a club meeting. What is the race fee for non club members? The website states the membership fee of £8 but it does not show member/non member club night fees?

N

markwilliamson2001
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up Neil, I will add this later on. It is £4 for members racing I am sure, will have to dig out my AGM sheet, but I think it is about £5 I think for non-members? Can wezzer confirm this!?

Ben Turner
02-01-2010, 10:06 AM
£4 for members £5 for non-members :)

Unless Jamies been charging me wrong :woot:

gaffer
02-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Hereford is an awesome Club, with great friendly people always willing to help and talk to you and the track is amazing. I have made the 100 mile round trip through mostly country lanes for a few months now and its definately worth the trip. If you get a chance to come down you wont be dissapointed either.

Stuart.

RogerM
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Its off-road you can never have too many features in a track, the days of flat tracks have gone and will hopefully never return.

Long live jumps, ramps and any other feature that tests the suspension on my buggy!!!

I'm not against features, far from it ... I'm a huge fun of PDA and that is an action packed lap and no mistake! The thing with PDA is that it also flows really well, a credit to Truman et al as track designers.
For me you do need some parts of the track that flow well and the line is the feature or else wheel to wheel 'racing' can't really happen, well thats my opinion anyway.
Part of the reason why I like Kiddy so much is that the surface & elevation changes make up much of the 'freature list', makes it a great place to race. Anyway that isn't really comparing apples with apples, sorry.

The venue looks good, I'm definately going to make it over at some point but have the same problem as Phil, the friday nights in Jan are clashes with other weekend meetings, see you in Feb though :thumbsup:

youngun59
15-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Wow! Thats website is awesome and must off took some time!
Got some awesome pics on there aswell look forward to seeing more photos on there!

Well Done :thumbsup:

RogerM
25-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm looking at attending on Friday and have a few questions.

1) Do you guys use handout transponders or just PTs?
2) What time are doors open / close as my better half is thinking of visiting friends local to the track and needs to know if it's practical?
3) Which 1/10th class is best supported, 2wd or 4wd?
4) Any limitations (such as rules on charging)etc ?
5) Is mains power available for all?

Thanks, looking forward to it!

wezzer
25-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Hey
1; either
2; 6.30-10.30
3; 2wd
4; nope, just bring a table.
5; lipo sacks thats it
6; power is available
c ya friday

RogerM
25-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Ok, Lipo sack might be an issue to get by Friday ... guess I'll have to run the car with proper cells in then (or charge in the car maybe).

Friday it is ...

wezzer
25-01-2010, 12:43 PM
dont worry we have them if you need to borrow one dude,

RogerM
25-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks for that mate ... wanted to try a few things on the cars running LiPo & no extra weight.

:thumbsup:

Big G
25-01-2010, 01:39 PM
4wd seems pretty well represented lately also

buggies do seem FOTM though

RogerM
25-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I am assuming the 2WD & 4WD run in separate heats but if I booked in for 4wd but wanted to do a run or 2 with the 2wd car that would be fine???

markwilliamson2001
25-01-2010, 08:01 PM
yeah not a problem roger...i have run my sc10 in with the micro before, as it has broken, and no one minded LOL!

RogerM
30-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks guys, a really hectic night (crickey do you guys run a fast meeting!!) but lots of fun. Previous fears about the nature of the track were totally unfounded, it worked really nicely. In fact I might go as far as to say that I can't remember visiting an indoor carpet club track that was as well put together.

Some how managed to get through loads of set-up changes during the night too so learned a lot about the FS on carpet which was the aim.

Great to catch up with a few faces I've not seen for a while and overall I had a great time.

I will be back as soon as I can :D

markwilliamson2001
14-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Important Update - Off-Road Club Nights

Hi all,

Due to the increasing number of racers attending off-road club nights, we will now put a closing time for booking in of 7.15pm, with Rd 1, Heat 1 to start at 7.30pm promptly. This is so we can get everyone out of the hall by the required 10.30pm.

If you know you will be late attending, please feel free to contact the club secretary in advance, or let a friend know you will be attending, so we can get you booked into the computer in time. The club is also reviewing its booking in procedure to try and speed the process up as well. We appreciate your co-operation, and hope to see you trackside!

Thanks

Club Website Contact Page (http://www.1st-hrcc.co.uk/contact.html)

RogerM
15-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Mark, is there a contact number in case your delayed "on route" for example?