PDA

View Full Version : Faskolor Fluros

Ben Turner
01-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi Guys, Got a new airbrush and compressor for christmas, a long with a load of Faskolor to use with it. Iv done a fair bit of spraying before with tins and some airbrushing with laquers.

Iv got the hang of it I feel, I can spray normal/pearl/fascents fine doing both detailed stuff and large coverage, but one thing I'm struggling with is the fluorescent colours. Iv read countless stuff about pressures and needle sizes etc, but I just cant get them to cover, they just run around the shell, and any detailed stuff just gets blown around the shell, its night and day from the other colours iv been using. Iv tried all sorts of pressures from 15-60psi with no joy. Im using a 0.3mm needle, Iv even tried thinning it but this just makes it worse. Its almost like the paint is too thin, but its several different colours from different sources so I doubt its a faulty batch. Anyone got any suggestions? Or are faskolor fluros just a b*atch to work with??

Cheers,
Ben

Catch 22
02-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Are you spraying and keeping the paint indoors?

I dont use faskolor but i keep and spray my paint in the shed. I tried to paint the other day and the paint didnt flow too wel due to the low temperatures weve been gettingl. Brought them indoors overnight and they were fine

Yoldume
02-01-2010, 12:23 AM
dont want to sound mega stupid sorry if i do but give the pot a good shake ?

humbrol etc just runs everywhere until shaken well

jimmy
02-01-2010, 12:29 AM
I spray faskolor about 30psi and thin with Tamiya acrylic thinner a little. White and some other colours might need more thinning than some. I use an iwata with 0.3mm needle. I think a bigger needle would be better for faskolor but I'm happy with my results.

I should say that I spray the fluro colours in several thin coats - they're very thin and if you try put on too much colour it'll just run.

bigred5765
02-01-2010, 12:38 AM
apply in lots of very light coats,spray at 20-30 psi,if its faskolor thinn it with auto air 4011 thin about 4-1

Ben Turner
02-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Cheers guys, guess I'll just have to try and spray it even thinner then!

bigred5765
02-01-2010, 02:01 AM
if u over thin it, it will just blow around the shell,low presure and lots of light coats is the key,

Catch 22
02-01-2010, 08:35 AM
apply in lots of very light coats,spray at 20-30 psi,if its faskolor thinn it with auto air 4011 thin about 4-1

+1 on the 4011 thinner , i find it the best ( i use createx and auto air paint though :)