PDA

View Full Version : Team Hopeless Testing Day

Si Coe
02-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Just got back from our little test session at Goshen. Conditions were perfect:
http://www.simondavanzo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1262448589.jpg
We cleared the snow a bit and ran anyway.

Johnny killed 2 servos (Stinger and BMaxx) but that was the only car damage. Rob was running his old Lazer, drives ok but the radio has a 3 feet range so you have to run behind it.
Mark's X6 might handle like a 4wd but it still gets stuck like a 2wd!
The Soda truck went well but the batteries didn't last long in the cold. The D4 was awesome though - really planted thanks to some new yellow minispikes.

Got lots of pics on Johnny's camera if he can upload them

johnnygibbon
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
watch this space .. trying my best to up load now. awsome day. will be ready to go again soon. ice racing rules. team hopleless winter training 2010

johnnygibbon
02-01-2010, 06:04 PM
a ha ha . think this should be a regular thing in the snow. need paddle tyres:thumbsup:

johnnygibbon
02-01-2010, 06:08 PM
more silly ness

rob m
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
good laugh today,alls fine with electrics well apart from the 20 year old receiver and the front end of my lazer needs a bit of tlc,(matt any more king pins kicking about ???? :woot:)liked the bumper makes a nice little snow plough.lazer is now defrosting in the bath,missus not impressed:lol:hope mk5 bits will get it back on track!

Si Coe
02-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Hey wheres the pic of Mark fallen over on his arse trying to marshal your BMaxx?

kitesurfer73
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Had a laugh today took a while to clear track with are perspex plough pushes!!
Were's woody when you need him to help set up!!lol
My car didn't flinch once man not only is the x6 quick indoors its a blast outdoors in snow as well...
reckon there was easy 5inches of snow gutted for you jon servo sizzler i.ve just but my car next to heater looks normal again now....
and sorry guys for not have any matches for the stove, half time canteen will be back:o....
Am off to surf the net to look for snow chains for rc cars......:thumbsup:

kitesurfer73
02-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Wat made me laugh was the fact that if u went off track is was STOP DEAD IN THE SNOW..unless your name is jon POWER POWER LOL

Kopite
02-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Is that my old x6?

Si Coe
02-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Did you sell it to Chris Ridgeway? If so then yes. You probably owned the D4 as well (used to be green), seems like everyone else has......

Kopite
02-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, that's my old x6 (The d4 wasn't mine though). Glad it's getting some proper abuse!

Fair do's guys, that's some serious commitment there. :thumbsup:

paulc
02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
or just mad :lol:

johnnygibbon
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
electrics and snow dont seem to mix well. 2 x servos one bluebird one hitec . and also 2 x speed controllers . one stinger and possibly the exceed to . might dry out yet. exceed didnt even get wet. think the colds got it. but awesome fun. i think a slash ( fully waterproof) and paddle tyres would rock goshen right now .we did a good job today any how.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

here is si,s action shot.:woot:

T4miy4 Guy
02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
or just mad :lol:

Echo...:thumbsup:

Glad you all had fun !

Andy

johnnygibbon
02-01-2010, 10:27 PM
the stinger speedo has fixed itself in front of fire unsuprising really. just hope the exceed does . or im back on losi:o . servos still ill

Tyson
02-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Gutted it looks like you had a hoot, sorry i missed it:thumbsup:, at least your screws wont rust now jonny :woot:

mattb
03-01-2010, 12:06 AM
good laugh today,alls fine with electrics well apart from the 20 year old receiver and the front end of my lazer needs a bit of tlc,(matt any more king pins kicking about ???? :woot:)liked the bumper makes a nice little snow plough.lazer is now defrosting in the bath,missus not impressed:lol:hope mk5 bits will get it back on track!no mate there the last optima king pins i had but ive got a load of turbo optima mid ball studs if ya need em??? next time you call round mate bring your b4 just to make sure mines setup some where near for its first race.

kitesurfer73
03-01-2010, 12:39 AM
electrics and snow dont seem to mix well. 2 x servos one bluebird one hitec . and also 2 x speed controllers . one stinger and possibly the exceed to . might dry out yet. exceed didnt even get wet. think the colds got it. but awesome fun. i think a slash ( fully waterproof) and paddle tyres would rock goshen right now .we did a good job today any how.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

here is si,s action shot.:woot:

Thats me eating snow!!!

just sprayed my x6 with trusty wd40 ready for the next meet,we also have a new challenger in 2wd matt :)you will love the b4 next time i see you can have a blast with my x6 see wat u reckon..

johnnygibbon
03-01-2010, 02:05 PM
exceed ok servos dead. put new bluebird in. better again now. watch out

Harris Magnum
03-01-2010, 02:37 PM
good laugh today,alls fine with electrics well apart from the 20 year old receiver and the front end of my lazer needs a bit of tlc,(matt any more king pins kicking about ???? :woot:)liked the bumper makes a nice little snow plough.lazer is now defrosting in the bath,missus not impressed:lol:hope mk5 bits will get it back on track!

I might have some knocking about if you can't find any

rob m
04-01-2010, 07:58 PM
cheers matt and steve for the offer on bits for my lazer,bad news im afraid!:( the poor old lazer isnt good it has a broken front gear casing and the chassis is snapped:cry: looking on the brighter side:lol: i now have my couger 2 built to bash about with and i have spares:thumbsup: but dont think itl like the losi 6.5t so an old 13x3 brushed will have to do:thumbdown:

Whiskers
17-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I've just got back from testing my new motor at Goshen after snapping my chassis in two places :( and very nearly melting a battery connecter! (I don't think the thousands of summersualts helpped the chassis though!):thumbsup:

Gibbon666
17-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Did you sell it to Chris Ridgeway? If so then yes. You probably owned the D4 as well (used to be green), seems like everyone else has......

How many owners has my old D4 had now?

I know there was me, Matt Howard, Sam, and then you? Who else owned it? That D4 used to be solid, except for it's tendency to wear out the diff gear when running my old Mamba 7700 on carpet. It used to get replaced every 4 meetings or so and used to start clicking under brakes after 2. :D

Si Coe
17-01-2010, 11:02 PM
It still is solid - ask Dave! Everytime it goes near his Lazer his car falls to bits. I've never replaced the diff gears - I've got spares but they look fine. I had problems with the slipper assembly running a silly 4.5t Novak and the one way finally gave up (though I like it more in full time 4wd anyway).
I don't think it was Sam I got it from - someone in Crewe and it he hadn't had it long.