PDA

View Full Version : Mad Rat Won't Run

Amazing
03-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi,

I per my previous my Mad Rat (son's Christmas present) won't run. I ran it for ten minutes and it stopped. The motor won't turn and makes a noise as if it is strained. I took off the gear box and the motor runs fine on its own. i stripped the gear box and that appears fine, no stripped gears etc. It worked off the car intermittently but not when i re assembled it.

any ideas on the what the problem could be ? Could it be the speed controller ?

thanks

Battle_axe
03-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi,

I per my previous my Mad Rat (son's Christmas present) won't run. I ran it for ten minutes and it stopped. The motor won't turn and makes a noise as if it is strained. I took off the gear box and the motor runs fine on its own. i stripped the gear box and that appears fine, no stripped gears etc. It worked off the car intermittently but not when i re assembled it.

any ideas on the what the problem could be ? Could it be the speed controller ?

thanks

is it the rtr? if not what speado motor are in there and what cells?

ashleyb4
03-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Have you overtigtened the wheels??? Try backing the nut off quarter of a turn or even better toake them off completly and see if it runs.

A

coolcars782
03-01-2010, 10:09 PM
How hot does the esc and motor get?

mdb_75
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Is the diff slipping maybe? Sounds like the bolt through the centre of it may have come loose.

Amazing
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM
The motor doesn't get that hot as i don't run it too much as i am afraid it i might burn it out whilst i have this problem.

i am using a 6cell 2200amp battery pack.

JCJC
04-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Think you need to pop it into a good local shop or find a club, sure someone could sort it quickly, and of course club racing can be good fun.

Amazing
04-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I think you are right. however, i bought the RTR in Windsor and i live in prague so i have a language and an availability problem.