PDA

View Full Version : Driver Grading how does it work?

Pownabown
05-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi Guys

Ive always been abit confused when it comes to writing down
what formula i should be in.

I dont know if im F3,4 or 5?
Ive done Border counties and won last year in the electric 2wd.
But does that mean im an F3 etc?

Any help would be great Thanks

looneylen
05-01-2010, 09:33 AM
i am not the best one to expain this but you dont give yourself the grade you have to earn it by doing the regionals and then you are given the grade

c0sie
05-01-2010, 09:49 AM
21. LICENCE GRADES
The BRCA 1/10th Off Road Section will award driver licence grades as detailed below.
N.B. Where any percentage calculation results in a fraction, then the result will be rounded-up to the next
whole number.
21.1 Demotion by one grade is automatic if the driver has failed to re-qualify for the same or higher licence
grade in the current year. Drivers that have achieved a ‘top fifteen’ place in the Off-Road National
Championship Series since 1994 will not be demoted lower than F3.
21.2 Grades gained from the National Championships will take priority over grades from the Regional
Championships.
21.3 Licence grades are calculated using the championship positions at the end of the National and Regional
Series each year. All demotions and promotions will be effective from the 1st January of the following year
and are maintained throughout that year. (e.g. a driver qualifying for an F2 licence from results in 2005 will
be awarded that grade on 1st January 2006 and will remain an F2 for the whole of 2006).
21.4.1 From the NATIONAL SERIES:-
F1 and F2 licence grades will be allocated on a percentage basis as follows: the number of drivers that
satisfy the points scoring requirements of the National Series will be used as the base figure.
FORMULA 1 – The top 33% of the base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F1
drivers, (2WD and 4WD separately).
FORMULA 2 – The next 17% of the base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine the F2
drivers, (2WD and 4WD separately). The licence grade for these drivers will be known as F2N, but for
seeding purposes is considered equal to Regional F2 Grades.
21.4.2 From the REGIONAL SERIES:-
Regional formulae will be allocated on a percentage basis as follows: the number of drivers that satisfy the
point scoring requirements for a Region’s particular Series will be used as the base figure. Any drivers
included in this base figure, that have gained their licence from the National Series of the current year (F1,
F2 and demoted F1) will be subtracted from the base figure to give an adjusted base figure on which the
calculations will be based. It follows that Regional licence grades can only be established when the results
of the National Championship are finalised.
FORMULA 2 - The top 20% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine
the F2 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)
FORMULA 3 - The next 30% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine
the F3 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)
FORMULA 4 - The next 30% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine
the F4 drivers. (2WD and 4WD)
FORMULA 5 - The final 20% of the adjusted base figure is used against the final series’ results to determine
the F5 drivers (2WD and 4WD).
21.4.3 Within BRCA CLUBS:-
FORMULA 5- This licence grade may be awarded to any competent driver at the discretion of the club
officials.

http://brca.org/Sections/off_e_10/Racing/Handbook2010%20Final%20for%20Web%20pdf.pdf

From that I would presume that if you have not done any Regional/National events then you would be classed as an F5 in all competitions.

_sleigh_
05-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I will explain the license grading system in a second, but the main rule of thumb is you need to compete at Regionals or Nationals to gain any license above F5. So if you haven't done either of theses series, then you'll be an F5.

There are various mathematics to working out license grades, but in general;

At the end of a Regional series the top 20% of qualifying drivers gain an F2, the next 30% will be F3, the next 30% are F4 and the remaining stay F5.

At Nationals, the top 33% gain F1 and the next 17% are F2. No other license grade is awarded at Nationals.

That is a rough guide and the full details can be found in the BRCA handbook, page 24(ish) http://brca.org/BRCA/library/BRCA2009.pdf

Pownabown
05-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Cheers for that guys.

I used to run electric truck nationals for years.
and nitro truck nationals but i guess if i am now running a different
class those nationals are now surplus and i go back to f5?