PDA

View Full Version : Snow Snow every were

bigred5765
05-01-2010, 01:01 PM
lol so who's snowed in then we are, cars got stuck half in half out of the drive had to dig it out, so its on the roadside just out side my house covered in snow,and there it will stay,:thumbsup:

Oh the weather outside is shitty, but the white stuff sure is pretty, but if you cant drive in the snow...stay at home, stay at home, stay at home

wezzer
05-01-2010, 01:02 PM
:thumbdown:stuck at work , not tried to get home yet but its a 40 mile drive across country so probably here for the night
:thumbdown:

Ben Turner
05-01-2010, 01:05 PM
:thumbdown:stuck at work , not tried to get home yet but its a 40 mile drive across country so probably here for the night

Next time I order summat from CML and its already been opened and played with ill know who to blame!

Garry Driffill
05-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Ohh crap, I hope you get home ok mate :o

jimmy
05-01-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm stuck in the car park at work lol, got a couple of lads in the boot and a couple pushing to get me reversed into a space so I can make a break for it when they close due to the snow at 3pm (hopefully). Started putting weights from the gym in my boot so I can get some traction, here's hoping!

Garry Driffill
05-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Started putting weights from the gym in my boot so I can get some traction, here's hoping!

:lol: thats epic!

chalky
05-01-2010, 01:15 PM
wez dont cml do a rc snowmobile to play with (its the next big thing):thumbsup:

russmini
05-01-2010, 01:36 PM
How about those new 5th Scales CML are doing... Strap a couple to a sledge and RC it home... :-) lol

Rookie
05-01-2010, 01:39 PM
hehe, up here in glasgow theres alot of snow, ive got Nissan Navara & the 4WD is awsome ! Ive seen so many folk buckled up into kerbs :(

4WD For The Win !!!!

DCM
05-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Fookers, share some, it snowed heavy for all of about 30 minutes here, and that was before lunch, High School has already decided to close at 2pm..... b'stards

Big G
05-01-2010, 01:46 PM
left my work when it started getting bad. had a few sideways moments on the way home. 3inches here now.

mikeyscott
05-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Anyone from down south had any snow yet?

migsy
05-01-2010, 01:49 PM
weathers that bad up here, tried to get home on my super-moto but got more under-steer than mardave cobra. LOL..least i did'nt fall off the thing.
I must laugh thore, poor post man pete took a tumble getting out of his royal mail van.:o:lol::lol::lol::p

poopers
05-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Constant snow here, think everyone's pretty much given up trying to get about, haven't seen any cars go past for some time.

I'd go for a walk and take some photos, but it'd just end up in a snowball fight with some kids.

Team No Idea
05-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Soooo not fair! we have nothing down here!. Its just bloody cold!:thumbdown:
Only had 4 customers all day, i'd make more money selling push chairs and Special brew around here. I'd rather be at home getting my cars ready for Petit! :woot: Now if we had lots of snow i could shut up shop and go home!.................wishfull thinking.

isobarik
05-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Before the law on winter tires during the winter i used to drive with summertires during the winter season.

works very well when they are pristine but not so godd if they are dry (old)

mvh Isobarik :)

Medders
05-01-2010, 02:07 PM
What a load of namby pamby shandy drinking wimps you are.

One scattering of snow and everyone is wanting the day off :mad:

There's more snow than you could shake a shitty stick at here is Leeds, but we're hardy Yorkshire types - life goes on :thumbsup:

coolcars782
05-01-2010, 02:11 PM
We had snow in somerset, school closed :thumbsup::thumbsup: but theres nothin now :thumbdown:

Northy
05-01-2010, 02:11 PM
What a load of namby pamby shandy drinking wimps you are.

One scattering of snow and everyone is wanting the day off :mad:

There's more snow than you could shake a shitty stick at here is Leeds, but we're hardy Yorkshire types - life goes on :thumbsup:

Agreed. I would like 4wd though :blush:

G

poopers
05-01-2010, 02:14 PM
That’s a good point about the schools closing early DCM. All the kids are off round here, wtf!

When I was a kid snow didn’t stop you going to school, you just took mittens (with the string holding the two together) wellies and a bobble hat:cool:. If you got frost bite, so what? In fact, I distinctly remember losing both my arms and head to frost bite when I was 8. I was also killed at least twice by the 10ft tall out of control snowballs we used to roll in the playground. Now schools close when there’s a slight chilly breeze! Kids today, dunno they’re born.

ryan_93
05-01-2010, 02:16 PM
we been sent home from school and already get the day off tomorrow :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
05-01-2010, 02:17 PM

G

Indeed, time to dump the Cupra and buy an VW R32 :)

Medders
05-01-2010, 02:17 PM
we been sent home from school and already get the day off tomorrow :thumbsup:

What !! Bloody lazy arse teachers - any excuse for yet more time off :lol:

mikeyscott
05-01-2010, 02:21 PM

LOL

at my school we never had days off due to weather or teacher training...

sime46
05-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Got to my first job at 7.30 this morning. Tried to leave at 9.30. Not a prayer. Left my van on site and walked home(7 miles!!). Its mad round here in mansfield. So many knobs getting in the way. If you could get a clear run you'd get anywhere ish but idiots try the most crazy things and fook it up for those of us with half an idea. Deffo having 4wd on my next van!

DCM
05-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Fookers, share some, it snowed heavy for all of about 30 minutes here, and that was before lunch, High School has already decided to close at 2pm..... b'stards

Now got the noisy buggers home, the sun is out and what snow that settled, is almost all gone, never seen kids so disappointed about an early finish lol!!

WHITTLER555
05-01-2010, 02:55 PM

G

Forget the sports car G, buy a LANDY!!!!!!!!

A foot of snow at our house, still snowing, still got the missus to work and my mum up to clean the house:thumbsup::woot:

MALLET
05-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Got to my first job at 7.30 this morning. Tried to leave at 9.30. Not a prayer. Left my van on site and walked home(7 miles!!). Its mad round here in mansfield. So many knobs getting in the way. If you could get a clear run you'd get anywhere ish but idiots try the most crazy things and fook it up for those of us with half an idea. Deffo having 4wd on my next van!

Sime you should have rung me been past yours twice today, I could have towed you all the way home Mate or to your Job :lol:

andys
05-01-2010, 03:03 PM

Medders, you cheeky bugger. My missus is a teacher, she set off this morning at 6.45 with 3 kids in the car and managed to not get out of the village. Took her an hour and a half to get no-where and end up having to turn back and come home !

Her school (bradford) was open but closed early due to more teachers than pupils turning up !

Lazy teachers, I think not. Lazy kids and parents....yes.

andys
05-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Forget the sports car G, buy a LANDY!!!!!!!!

A foot of snow at our house, still snowing, still got the missus to work and my mum up to clean the house:thumbsup::woot:

Landy would have being good today, but only for today !
Also, you still have to queue behind everyone who doesn't have 4wd. Doesn't matter how good you 'landy' is, you still go nowhere when it's gridlocked :(

WHITTLER555
05-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Landy would have being good today, but only for today !
Also, you still have to queue behind everyone who doesn't have 4wd. Doesn't matter how good you 'landy' is, you still go nowhere when it's gridlocked :(

HMMM! Today, a week before Xmas, all over Xmas cause the snow never disappeared in Burnley, good when I went up to Croft last saturday to watch the rallying in the snow, we are only one week into 2010 and still Jan and Feb to go!

Traffic not too bad here as no one is venturing out! I don't queue, I 've been towing them out.

Great fun!!

Si Coe
05-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Landy wouldn't have helped here. Only road out of town blocked by an overturned lorry and no way round.

DCM
05-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Traffic not too bad here as no one is venturing out! I don't queue, I 've been towing them out.

Great fun!!

Hope you been charging, lol, and make the buggers plant a tree to off-set your carbon footprint :lol: :woot:

WHITTLER555
05-01-2010, 03:14 PM
To be fair I set off to drive to London in my works car, Audi A4 at 7.00am, got a quarter of a mile, scared myself by nearly driving into a pub wall, turned round and went home.

I heard on the radio this morning that the M60 was blocked due to three artics jacknifing so decided I could work from home instead of pranging the car.

Work from home = typing stuff on here!:thumbsup:

Fabs
05-01-2010, 03:15 PM
That's it half an inch of snow and everyone's snowed in... What a bunch of WIMPS :p

On my way down to France I was doing 60 on more snow than that.

bigoggy
05-01-2010, 03:15 PM
i was in alfreton when it started snowing and had to get to langwith, it's about 17 miles, it took me 4 hours, mainly cos of the idiots in mansfield.

why do boy racers give it full throtle and then wonder why the wheels are spinning and they are going nowhere.

i drive a carlton and have had no trouble, the only time i went sideways is when i wanted to, rear wheel drive in the snow is fun:p:p:p:p

WHITTLER555
05-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Hope you been charging, lol, and make the buggers plant a tree to off-set your carbon footprint :lol: :woot:

If this weather is global warming, I would'nt want to see it cooling!

I am with Clarkson on the whole ECO thing.

Sorry if that offends anyone:blush:

WHITTLER555
05-01-2010, 03:17 PM
That's it half an inch of snow and everyone's snowed in... What a bunch of WIMPS :p

On my way down to France I was doing 60 on more snow than that.

How is it in Barnsley Fabs?

I have customers down there who say they can't make it in to work, are they lying??

poopers
05-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm pissed off I didn't get to Croft for the rally.

And the whole man-made global warming thing is the biggest pile of bollocks ever conceived.

Snowing more here now :thumbsup:

Fabs
05-01-2010, 03:25 PM
How is it in Barnsley Fabs?

I have customers down there who say they can't make it in to work, are they lying??

Barnsley ? I wouldn't know lol.

But sheffield, there's barely anyone on the roads it's great !

DCM
I seen far FAR worse, as a kid, snow drifts 6ft deep, pah...... I wish we had that now

mark christopher
Constant snow here, think everyone's pretty much given up trying to get about, haven't seen any cars go past for some time.

I'd go for a walk and take some photos, but it'd just end up in a snowball fight with some kids.
got into to donny, went home at 12. 2 hours to get home which normally takes me 25 mins, only had one moment and that was getting stuck in my drive lol
rear wheel drive vito, not fun cuz carnt switch fricking traction control off:thumbdown:

Medders
05-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Andy,

Tell your wife if had set off at 5 instead of having a lie in till 6:45 she might have got to school on time :p

Then again, perhaps not :lol:

WHITTLER555
05-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Andy,

Tell your wife if had set off at 5 instead of having a lie in till 6:45 she might have got to school on time :p

Then again, perhaps not :lol:

I think you may get a robust response here Medders, I don't think he is in a good mood.:cry:

poopers
05-01-2010, 03:42 PM
opps miss read post:lol:

Medders
05-01-2010, 04:08 PM
I think you may get a robust response here Medders, I don't think he is in a good mood.:cry:

I think you might be right :lol: I'll take cover :blush:

James
05-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Had 5 or more inches of snow near Blyth and still going, Rangey and Tractors are finally in their element now :thumbsup:

strobe
05-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Hopefully there is plenty of snow around the Forest of Dean tomorrow. Going to watch Brother testing there new 4wd rally car for this season. :thumbsup:

Spencer Mulcahy
05-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Had 5 or more inches of snow near Blyth and still going, Rangey and Tractors are finally in their element now :thumbsup:

Not looking good for the meeting on Sunday then James :thumbdown:.

James
05-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Not looking good for the meeting on Sunday then James :thumbdown:.

No :( will keep you posted..

andys
05-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Good mood ?
I've had a great day, once the missus got back without pranging the car !
Me and the kids played out in the snow till they started to go blue :)

On the 'Landi' topic, here's my pals one. it's a 'proper' landi, cos it's got a winch !

http://www.andrewshillito.com/oople/landi.jpg

savageman25
05-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Good mood ?
I've had a great day, once the missus got back without pranging the car !
Me and the kids played out in the snow till they started to go blue :)

On the 'Landi' topic, here's my pals one. it's a 'proper' landi, cos it's got a winch !

http://www.andrewshillito.com/oople/landi.jpg
my mums boyfriends one is similair to that, big chunky tires, come up too my waist im just over 6ft tall lol, got all the steering gaurds, homemade bumpers,snorkel and stuff, when the deep snow was here last febuary or whenever, he went out and started towing, he said it was cause he wanted to help people, i no he did it casue he wanted to be childish in the snow, driving on the parks and such to get round traffic:thumbsup:

Spencer Mulcahy
05-01-2010, 05:41 PM
That looks the dogs I bet the tyres are a fortune, it would still be crap on ice though.

James
05-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Its not a proper landy because its clean :lol: does it go offroad? it looks immaculate, very cool.. we had one like that but a 110 and someone nicked it on christmas day :mad:

andys
05-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I can assure you he uses it properly. He goes on these weekend 'landy' events, where you get stuck and stuff on purpose, just so you can play with your winch !

Piccy was taken in the summer, he cleaned it up for the photo.

MALLET
05-01-2010, 05:59 PM

Proper Landy drivers don't need a winch....:p:woot::woot:

And mine always gets dirty :)

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/mallets_photos/Dylanad003.jpg

James
05-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I was only kidding, like Guy Ritchie then, did you see that on top gear?
It would have been a pricey bit of kit that landy when new ..

Stu
05-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I've been out doing some digging - it was ace.

panch
05-01-2010, 06:05 PM

Mikey...Im in Glos and we have had several inches so far been snowing all afternoon...

BBC weather said south to expect between 30-40cm overnight !!!! sledge to work tomorrow

Anyway not all bad, Just been out in the garden with kids...Snow man built, job done !! :thumbsup:

Spoolio
05-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Only took an hour to get home from Mansfield, normally takes 30 mins and full credit to the boss he kicked us out just right so I got home just as the light faded and it started to snow heavy again.

My commiserations to all you poor sods with rear-drive and no traction control, I suppose all that niceness in the summer isn't worth bugger all on the one day it's like this. Loads of Lexus's (Lexii?), Bimmers and Mercs abandoned by the side of the road on anything that resembles a gradient.

Followed a 116 for about a mile that was actually crabbing along at about 10mph wheelspinning like mad with it's arse-end trying to make a break for the hedge while the laydee driving it was doing her best Markku Alen impression. I and about 5 others behind me overtook her in the end as it was too painful to watch and she looked absolutely terrified. Bless.

niggs98
05-01-2010, 06:11 PM
not a drop down here yet :(

jimmy
05-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I've seen more land rovers today than 'normal' cars I swear - I think it's called showing off tbh! :lol:
Andy - I do like that landi of you mates, proper hardcore madness. I've always wanted one but it would be even less practical than the lotus for me - a pure play thing. Still, I will save up one day.

bigoggy
05-01-2010, 06:38 PM
My commiserations to all you poor sods with rear-drive and no traction control,

i drive a carlton and i had no problems, it's not what you drive, it's how you drive it:p:p

DaSloth
05-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I've seen more land rovers today than 'normal' cars I swear - I think it's called showing off tbh! :lol:
Andy - I do like that landi of you mates, proper hardcore madness. I've always wanted one but it would be even less practical than the lotus for me - a pure play thing. Still, I will save up one day.

what's even more entertaining is seeing most of them don't know how to drive their 4x4s! :x

chris68nufc
05-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I was going to a job in Northumberland today, right in the sticks, my van got halfway up a slight hill then as i came to a stop, started going backwards. Brakes were on, ABS kicking in, handbrake on....nope. Still going backwards gathering speed. My apprentice was going to bail out like the post the other day in the ice. The van came to a stop 100 metres down the bank without hitting anything. I nearly crapped myself.Phew:woot:

Cosworth
05-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Took the tc5 out in it earlier with schuie mini pins on.... fun fun fun!!

had to cover up my sexy motor though, sod everything else..

Rookie
05-01-2010, 08:12 PM
That’s a good point about the schools closing early DCM. All the kids are off round here, wtf!

When I was a kid snow didn’t stop you going to school, you just took mittens (with the string holding the two together) wellies and a bobble hat:cool:. If you got frost bite, so what? In fact, I distinctly remember losing both my arms and head to frost bite when I was 8. I was also killed at least twice by the 10ft tall out of control snowballs we used to roll in the playground. Now schools close when there’s a slight chilly breeze! Kids today, dunno they’re born.

Health & Safety for the win ! :/

dodgydiy
05-01-2010, 10:31 PM
ooh its so funny when you go gently down a hill in your little renault van and a big butch 4 by 4 comes tearing down the hill behind you, loses it and goes spinning off through the hedge..... just makes you think, LEARN TO DRIVE PROPERLY MUPPET!!!!!

ashleyb4
05-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Got about 5 inches here in ox only been snowing since tea time.

A

DCM
05-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Ash, 5 inches is more than 30mm you know :lol:

ashleyb4
05-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Yea 5 Inches

This was about 7 oclock...

http://i50.tinypic.com/24qpjig.jpg

But about half an hour later the snow had become two deap for the mighty mitsubishi...

http://i49.tinypic.com/2njk5uf.jpg

A

jimmy
05-01-2010, 11:05 PM
wtf! dude, it looks like it was full of snow! :lol:

ashleyb4
05-01-2010, 11:08 PM
It was lol. A bit of waterproofing its fine.

A

Matt_N
06-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Too much snow here :( can't walk anywhere without doing my best impression of Bambi on the ice, and cars are skidding off everywhere. Attempting to go anywhere would be suicide.

Matt

stumpiey
06-01-2010, 06:53 AM
got about 200mm in reading, i aint going anywhere

niggs98
06-01-2010, 06:56 AM
wow we had nearly an inch in dover lol

gaza121
06-01-2010, 08:42 AM
The roads around the wirral are like Ice rinks at the moment, no gritters have been out so I have been jelping my mates out when I can.
Mine also has a winch that so far hasnt been needed.
Theres a lot of 4x4 haters out there but hey Im helping people out when they cant get up hills.

i4n
06-01-2010, 08:43 AM
We've got about 4" here in my part of snowy South Wales, and it's still coming down.

I think I'll take the option of 'working from home' today. Does building a snowman count as working from home :thumbsup:

Belsten
06-01-2010, 09:09 AM
There is abut 6-8 inches here so Im not going anywhere today :thumbsup:

DCM
06-01-2010, 10:02 AM
There is abut 6-8 inches here so Im not going anywhere today :thumbsup:

I have been to your house... 4x4 country on a good day!!

Medders
06-01-2010, 10:13 AM
What a complete load of bollocks the weather forecast is. Wasn't supposed to snow again in Leeds until tonight, and now it just starting throwing it down again :lol:

Welshy40
06-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Well i drove to work and was fun 4 wheel drifting behind army land rovers who also was struggling. Got to work to find out there was a power cut and decided to send my personnel home and called it a day as well. Snow ball fights happening now.

Chrislong
06-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Yesterday I got up earlier to dig out, by 7.30 it was snowing and id ran out of space to pile up the dug out snow. Then a BMW 1 series got stuck on the street blocking access to main road so pointless me even getting off the drive - then work phone to say don't come in, so I didn't. Id have walked it, but its 10 miles, and Claire is about the same.

This morning cleared it again, took 40 minutes to do 10 miles, and I took the only shovel/spade we have as working 1/2mile down a lane its always worse than everywhere else and 225 tires don't grip it well. Then after I left Claire got stuck on the drive with no tools to get off, yet id cleared it (i thought enough). She finally got off with wheelspin and patience I believe. :blush:

mikeyscott
06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Indeed 225+ tyres are never fun in this weather and particularly with 200+ BHP

We've had quite a bit of snow now.

Boss text me earlier to say the site had been closed so don't come in :)

May do some work on the Cat SX for Petit. I hope it clears up for Petit so people can make it.

Northy
06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I've made it to work that last two days, today easier due to less traffic. When the hearse (Vectra Estate) comes on boost I can spin 'em up in 3rd on roads that just look wet :woot: I think she may go in 4th too but by that time I was going a bit fast an was scared. :lol: Getting the big old bus sideways with the sideways lever (handbrake) is good fun, but shit, she takes up some road :lol::lol::lol:

G

MALLET
06-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Well my 4x4 dragged an Ambulance up a hill last night, so all those 4x4 haters I hope it wasn't your Gran that was in the back of it.

Chris Doughty
06-01-2010, 11:15 AM
230 pony to the rear wheels, wide tires and an un-treated slope up to exit works car park means I am on foot for a while I think

Kopite
06-01-2010, 11:21 AM
ah, the joys of being able to VPN to my work computer :thumbsup:

Welshy40
06-01-2010, 11:38 AM
250 bhp on mine and just kept it between 2nd a 3rd. No need to use 1st or 4th gears, ticks over nicely in 2nd gear with plenty of traction. A lot of people have no idea how to drive in the snow. Rather amusing watching them wheel spin.

poopers
06-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Sun out, looks lovely :thumbsup: Melting though.:cry:

http://i50.tinypic.com/261i2yp.jpg

Northy
06-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Rather amusing watching them wheel spin.

Plenty of wheel spin here, but on purpose :lol: Had fun on the roundabouts.... :woot:

Jonesy
06-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Working from home Stan...... bad times!

mikeyscott
06-01-2010, 12:28 PM

I wish, I could at my old company but due to having admin rights IT staff can't VPN in from home... So guess what I've got the day off!

Welshy40
06-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Plenty of wheel spin here, but on purpose :lol: Had fun on the roundabouts.... :woot:

I did doughnuts in the works car park seeing as everyone had gone. Great fun as well as driving on an ice rink to get home.

Northy
06-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Subaru's rock:

http://www.totalprosports.com/more/subaru-wrx-pulls-semi-truck-out-of-snow-with-ease-video/

G

_sleigh_
06-01-2010, 01:12 PM
CD - whats the M40 like? can you see it from your office? I might be needing to get to Canary Wharf in the next day or so to set-up a couple of new servers. :(

Chris Doughty
06-01-2010, 01:15 PM
yep, I can see it from my office, I will take a proper look and let you know later.

but apparently its OK at the moment, its just the local roads that are bad in HW

Ben.G
06-01-2010, 01:22 PM

We had snow yesterday and snowed heavily over night down here in Gloucester ! :thumbsup:

Kopite
06-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Working from home Stan...... bad times!

not really mate, i managed to tear one off this morning :thumbsup:

DCM
06-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I've made it to work that last two days, today easier due to less traffic. When the hearse (Vectra Estate) comes on boost I can spin 'em up in 3rd on roads that just look wet :woot: I think she may go in 4th too but by that time I was going a bit fast an was scared. :lol: Getting the big old bus sideways with the sideways lever (handbrake) is good fun, but shit, she takes up some road :lol::lol::lol:

G

will be doing that in a Chrysler Voyager, later :woot: 'honest officer, the car was understeering into the side road, I HAD TO use the handbrake, to get the rear to come round!!' lol

bodgit
06-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Is any where selling snow shovels, cant find them anywhere except on ebay for stupid money.

Big G
06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
snow fun :woot:

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/Dizzie20vt/RC/IMG_1700.jpg

Jonesy
06-01-2010, 06:38 PM
not really mate, i managed to tear one off this morning :thumbsup:

Great times :thumbsup:

ben
06-01-2010, 07:02 PM

Make sure you dry and re-oil all the bearings mate!

David Church
06-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Just got home from work, and it's snowing loads!!!:thumbsup:
A light front wheel drive VW Caddy was no problem!!!
But it may be different in the morning haha

Big G
06-01-2010, 08:30 PM
It's in bits now Ben lol

Chaz
07-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Can't even get out the road....again. Love the time off :thumbsup: but don't like the fact that's two days pay gone :thumbdown: haha

Big G
07-01-2010, 10:10 AM
the bosses here are now picking up and dropping off us staff in their 4x4's

Chrislong
07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Water leak on our lane to the factory, and its frozen over. Okay for cars, as there are ruts through it (3-4 inch thick ice) but trucks and lorries are refusing to come down...

Cooper
07-01-2010, 11:49 AM

You've got yellow AND blue snow in the UK ? wow !

bigred5765
07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
You've got yellow AND blue snow in the UK ? wow !

Great tip for you, blue snow is usually OK to eat, yellow snow should be avoided,lol:o

Chrislong
07-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Great tip for you, blue snow is usually OK to eat, yellow snow should be avoided,lol:o

Then there is brown snow, sometimes steaming.

Big G
07-01-2010, 12:30 PM
yeah that was mis hitting "enhance" in iphoto lol

GRIFF55
07-01-2010, 06:59 PM
lots of snow on hols yesterday, and the vw beauty drove straight out!!!!

bodgit
08-01-2010, 12:01 PM
There,s going to be some big bills from the gas. My boiler is in the garage and the frost protection gizzmo keeps turning the boiler on. Last night it woke me at 3am for probably the 4th time this week.
I had a quick look at the bills and noticed that BG had pushed my electric bill up by 62% even though I,m in credit.

Northy
08-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Has anyone else seen the state of the roads when they aren't covered snow/slush? :confused: The salt and ice are killing them, pot holes everywhere! :cry:

G

racingdwarf
08-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Has anyone else seen the state of the roads when they aren't covered snow/slush? :confused: The salt and ice are killing them, pot holes everywhere! :cry:

G

Yer I have seen this, masive pot holes everywere, this Ice etc is showing up the naff surfaces, Here in norfolk they don't bother doing a road properly they just shove a load of tar and chipping down then send a roller over it, few days later when a few people have lost there front screens they come back and sweep the lose stuff up:yawn:. But all this ice, salt etc is ripping it appart:woot:

ashleyb4
08-01-2010, 12:58 PM
lots of snow on hols yesterday, and the vw beauty drove straight out!!!!

Mighty DUB :)

twisty
08-01-2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVIabdmN4ns&feature=player_embedded

twisty
08-01-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nEW_Y0BU1E&feature=player_embedded

Big G
08-01-2010, 02:35 PM
My mk4 golf got completely stuck this morning again. Our trick is to pop her into 1st (wheels spinning on the spot) then push on the A pillars until it starts to go. then jump in lol.

T4miy4 Guy
08-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Seen this picture of the UK http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/8447023.stm

Andy

mikeyscott
08-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Had enough of the weather now. Want it all to melt and back to normal!

Big G
08-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Had enough of the weather now. Want it all to melt and back to normal!

this :thumbsup:

ashleyb4
08-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Stop being misuarable. Love the snow. Im hoping we will get more over the weekend to lay on top of this then college will be closed monday and tuesday :)

A

mikeyscott
08-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Bored and want to go back to work.

Sorry I'm a 30C+ person hence why I'll never plan a cold holiday

Garry Spice
08-01-2010, 04:13 PM
snowing in east kent again....hasnt really stopped alday!

Big G
08-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Stop being misuarable. Love the snow. Im hoping we will get more over the weekend to lay on top of this then college will be closed monday and tuesday :)

A

Thing is though School/college gets closed and great, you can play in the snow. If I can't get to work because of it I don't get paid :(

ashleyb4
08-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Thing is though School/college gets closed and great, you can play in the snow. If I can't get to work because of it I don't get paid :(

If i cant get to work for it i dont get paid. If you cant drive to work find an alternative way to work.

A

Si Coe
08-01-2010, 04:54 PM

Become a teacher. I don't have to work cos of the snow and still get paid......

Big G
08-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I have a 30 min drive to work 18 miles. not as easy as just taking the train or running through the field at the back of your house instead of driving round.

It's not too bad to drive now though

welsh man
08-01-2010, 06:38 PM
we have had it quite bad in the mountains by me it is over my knees deep

GRIFF55
08-01-2010, 07:01 PM
are you not very tall? ha ha ha

where's that than?

plod
08-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I want it to clear up a bit, as want to race my SC10 for the first time at the MAM at Coventry this sunday.

bigoggy
08-01-2010, 08:55 PM
it's snowing haivily in langwith, on the nott's derbyshire border

_sleigh_
08-01-2010, 08:57 PM
I want it to clear up a bit, as want to race my SC10 for the first time at the MAM at Coventry this sunday.

Think you might have your dates mixed up a little.

Next Coventry MAM is Feb 28th.

plod
09-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Think you might have your dates mixed up a little.

Next Coventry MAM is Feb 28th.

Sure don't
http://coventrymodelcarclub.club.officelive.com/Calander.aspx

Mini MAM 10th January - Electric MAM 28th February

_sleigh_
09-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Wow that's clever. Multiple series with the same(ish) name at the same club. Confused.com. :)

Big G
09-01-2010, 11:07 AM
maybe we should start having under track heating like football pitches lol

russmini
09-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Plod,

Take it to PDA instead... Indoors on Dirt !!!! Although i didn't race mine last Sunday, it was used for a good 20 minutes in between heats and finals and Jack ended up using it in his Final as he stripped the rear wheels of his. They are cracking round there. :D

Titch
09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
You want one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDNLUzjkpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDNLUzjkpg

I used to live in Blackburn, which was full of really steep hills, thats hard work in the snow.. But living in York is great, it's all flat, RW drive is top fun, though reckon i might save up and get a Scooby sometime this year, the last 3 winters have got progressively worse.. maybe a sign of things to come?..