PDA

View Full Version : Racing Sunday 10th January 2010 - CANCELLED NO RACING

dibble34
06-01-2010, 03:09 PM
So what are the chances? Do the cars work in snow!

mikeyscott
06-01-2010, 03:19 PM

Just ends up as a mucky car like in the wet oh and the tires wear out big time..

I'm not planning on running this weekend, not with Petit the following week

Plus I've got no LIPOs after selling them for some new 40c stuff

dibble34
06-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Thats a shame about the batteries

Mucky is ok, does Julian know how to run things if you are not coming?

mikeyscott
06-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Thats a shame about the batteries

Mucky is ok, does Julian know how to run things if you are not coming?

I'll prob pop down for a bit.

dibble34
06-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Nice one, want to try my LIPO Setup if i can :)

mikeyscott
06-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Nice one, want to try my LIPO Setup if i can :)

We'll see what the weather is doing.

dibble34
06-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Indeed, will be cold still.

Big G
06-01-2010, 04:35 PM

mine's just wet really with lumps of snow gathering on it. just removed most of the snow and made sure nothing is into the electrics. B44 seems pretty resilient to the snow getting further than the steering rack. It's now on a towel in my airing cupboard. Alu screw set helps a bit too :)

dibble34
06-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Nice one, should be a laugh then :thumbsup:

Matt-h
06-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Mike, you can borrow my spare lipo if you want.
I wont be there sunday
It has a deans on the end though.

I can drop that over to you later in the week if you want.
I need to get some wheels off of you or steve anyway

Matt

jkonline
07-01-2010, 08:33 AM
I can't get out of my street, been working from home the last few days as work has been closed.

If the weather improves I will be there though but not looking hopeful.:confused:

mikeyscott
07-01-2010, 08:52 AM
More snow forecast for Saturday. It's not the snow fall that is the problem.. It's the temperature, need it to thaw..

With the roads being like they are I'm not planning on attending, unless it thaws..

dibble34
07-01-2010, 07:29 PM
If i can i'll go and have a look on Saturday and report my findings! Don't want to get stuck down by the track though

mikeyscott
07-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I think Sunday should be cancelled with the current weather

dibble34
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I don't think we will get much more snow before Sunday if at all, but most of what we have now will still be around. The roads should be clear by Sunday i'd of thought, but will be cold. Have you asked Julian what he thinks? His call i guess?

mikeyscott
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
If it's snowing Julian won't be running.

If it's sheet ice etc. again won't be running.

With the current forecasted temps what's outside won't be disappearing soon.. We'll just have to see

dibble34
07-01-2010, 08:42 PM
That's fair enough. If this weekend is cancelled, do you need anything done for next week if racing is on as you are at petit. Does Julian know how to use the Laptop etc?

SteveB
07-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Forget racing, there will be 5 inches of snow and unless your all ready to clear the whole track and marshall points, no racing this weekend, sorry but the temp will not rise enough to clear the snow.

dibble34
07-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Nice friendly post there mate :p. Like i said above, let me know if you need anything doing while you are away and good luck. Does Julian know how to use the new system?

Mind you at this rate there will still be snow next weekend!

mikeyscott
07-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Julian has been learning and will take the laptop from me.

As you say can't see action next weekend either

dibble34
07-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Who knows mate, just have to keep fingers crossed!

SteveB
07-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Nice friendly post there mate :p. Like i said above, let me know if you need anything doing while you are away and good luck. Does Julian know how to use the new system?

Mind you at this rate there will still be snow next weekend!

Fair point dave just think we will be kidding our selves if we could get up the hill from the track, took me 5 hrs to get from Hedge End to Parkgate tuesday night, main problem the hills/slopes

Anyway last week I snapped my xx in 2, she must of been britle with the cold weather, disaster :-)

dibble34
08-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Fair point dave just think we will be kidding our selves if we could get up the hill from the track, took me 5 hrs to get from Hedge End to Parkgate tuesday night, main problem the hills/slopes

Anyway last week I snapped my xx in 2, she must of been britle with the cold weather, disaster :-)

5hrs sounds like a nightmare, i was lucky enough to be working from home that day!

That is a disaster mate, i am gutted for you. In the right hands for repairs though :)

mikeyscott
09-01-2010, 01:49 PM
After having a discussion with Julian and Steve racing is CANCELLED this weekend due to the weather

super gripper
09-01-2010, 02:27 PM
After having a discussion with Julian and Steve racing is CANCELLED this weekend due to the weather

Good call people, it was crazy to even comtemplate racing this weekend. It is so cold the forecast is for the snow to stay at least another 10 days yet.:(

Even if we did get there, it would take the whole morning to clear off the track properly.:thumbdown:

Then to try to get back up that hill back to the road, yeah right - no chance! :woot:

The only person who could do that would be Lee and his landrover.:p

Reading this thread.............................You southen people really arn't used to snow are you:p

mikeyscott
09-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Good call people, it was crazy to even comtemplate racing this weekend. It is so cold the forecast is for the snow to stay at least another 10 days yet.:(

Even if we did get there, it would take the whole morning to clear off the track properly.:thumbdown:

Then to try to get back up that hill back to the road, yeah right - no chance! :woot:

The only person who could do that would be Lee and his landrover.:p

Reading this thread.............................You southen people really arn't used to snow are you:p

I hope it clears as we've got Petit next weekend!

Indeed getting up that hill in my car, no chance

Time to go and buy and X5 or Range Rover - LOL

Crazy L
09-01-2010, 02:33 PM
You southern people really aren't used to snow are you:p

It's cos we hardly ever get it, though some people make out life is harder than it actually is because of it (read my latest facebook status? lol:D)

mikeyscott
09-01-2010, 02:35 PM
200BHP+ on my car isn't fun in this weather, hence why it hasn't left the drive this week :(

Now if it was an R32 :D

I'll be back at TORCH on the 24th potnetially

When we do get to go racing I expect no one to have any build issues with their car ;)

super gripper
09-01-2010, 02:44 PM
It's cos we hardly ever get it, though some people make out life is harder than it actually is because of it (read my latest facebook status? lol:D)

yes you are so right on that one, you would have thought the world was going to end!

super gripper
09-01-2010, 02:45 PM
I wish I had booked Petit too Mike, looks like it will be a good weekend

mikeyscott
09-01-2010, 02:50 PM
yes you are so right on that one, you would have thought the world was going to end!

Hi,

Yup the supermarket yesterday was worse than Christmas. People mass buying rice, baked beans and so on. I laughed at one woman and she looked at my basket and said you'll be in trouble. Err no I'll just go and find a resturant...

Yup Petit should be good, but it's going to be very very hard to be out of the bottom 20. Have you seem the entry list :cry:

B4 for Saturday and Sunday the Cat SX.

super gripper
09-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi,

Yup the supermarket yesterday was worse than Christmas. People mass buying rice, baked beans and so on. I laughed at one woman and she looked at my basket and said you'll be in trouble. Err no I'll just go and find a resturant...

Yup Petit should be good, but it's going to be very very hard to be out of the bottom 20. Have you seem the entry list :cry:

B4 for Saturday and Sunday the Cat SX.

I haven't Mike but I bet there are some big names

mikeyscott
09-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I haven't Mike but I bet there are some big names

Yup!

http://www.petitrc.com/prcrace2010/index.php

Shin Adachi world finalist from Japan...

super gripper
09-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Is Steve or anyone else going with you Mike?

mikeyscott
09-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Is Steve or anyone else going with you Mike?

Yup Mr Brown is going :)

I'll end up being pit pitch :p

We'll be flying the TORCH flag / stickers!

super gripper
09-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Yup Mr Brown is going :)

I'll end up being pit pitch :p

We'll be flying the TORCH flag / stickers!

There some big names but a lot are missing. I know this is limited entry but is there something going on the same weekend?

Is it Worksop?

mikeyscott
09-01-2010, 03:17 PM
There some big names but a lot are missing. I know this is limited entry but is there something going on the same weekend?

Is it Worksop?

I'm not sure.

I know Mr Cragg is missing from the list - shame

Kev Lee isn't racing due to family.

Paul Bradb, not sure.

Hupo - who knows.

But the list is still pretty good.

Hopefully we'll do ok - wish us luck fellow TORCH racers :)

super gripper
09-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure.

I know Mr Cragg is missing from the list - shame

Kev Lee isn't racing due to family.

Paul Bradb, not sure.

Hupo - who knows.

But the list is still pretty good.

Hopefully we'll do ok - wish us luck fellow TORCH racers :)

Just be yourself and drive your best, you do not need luck Mike. You are a good driver.

Just do not feel obligated to move out of someones way cos of his name.

If you and Steve are looking at doing other events I would like to tag along if you let me know in advance so I could book in when you do please.

mikeyscott
09-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Just be yourself and drive your best, you do not need luck Mike. You are a good driver.

Just do not feel obligated to move out of someones way cos of his name.

If you and Steve are looking at doing other events I would like to tag along if you let me know in advance so I could book in when you do please.

Hi,

Many thanks and I'm sure we'll head to another during 2010. I think a trip to EPR & PDA are also on the list at some point

Cheers,

Mike

AlisdairO
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM
nooooo!

I just finished manically fixing my car before heading out for the afternoon, after breaking it the last time I came out.

Ah well, I shall see you next week hopefully :-)

dibble34
09-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Good Luck to Mike and Steve. Want to hear some good stories :)

I'd be up for EPR and i am pretty sure Alistair is too.

I think i will do a regional series this year. Defo 4wd and maybe 2wd too. Question is do you go for the South series of the South East

Smartalec
09-01-2010, 08:04 PM
If you're looking for a meeting to go to seeing as yours is cancelled why not pop along to the PDA in Bicester if the roads are kind to you. The warm, dry challenging off road track is perfect for these cacky snowy days when meetings outdoors get cancelled.

3rd round of the winter series promises to be a good turnout and it's all snow free !!!!!!!!!

See you there? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Matt-h
09-01-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm up there guys.

Make it a TORCH day out:thumbsup: