PDA

View Full Version : Help, can't import RAW

B4 Sloth
08-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Just been out and taken a few of the snow, taken in RAW. I have just gone into photoshop to open them and have a play about and cannot open any files:(
Going into the 'open' in usual way i keep getting 'no items match your search'. Any ideas, before my daughter catches me swearing at the computer again.

The photos open fine on Picaso and load up onto the harddrive, just show as 'no items...' when trying to access. Hope that makes sense

jimmy
08-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Don't you need the 'camera raw' or whatever it's called, part of photoshop to be able to import raw files? have a look on the Adobe website. I don't usually use Raw files so I'm not entirely sure

blue_pinky
08-01-2010, 02:20 PM
RAW image support has only been added in the latest or last couple of releases of photoshop, what version do you have? It was only added in the CS2 release...and there seem to be many raw sub-formats, photoshop doesn't seem to support them all.

I have CS3 here and the file open dialog shows the camera raw option...3rd one in the list and lists a long range of file extensions that apply to it.

Haven't actually used it myself either but that's what Phtoshop is showing me.

jimmy
08-01-2010, 02:23 PM
I think it's a plugin that you need to download from the adobe site - at least it is on older versions

Big G
08-01-2010, 02:38 PM
The software I got with my camera lets me convert my RAW images into other more common formats

Cooper
08-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Use the RAW processing software that came with your camera or update Photoshop, or start to use Lightroom.

for RC cars I normally use jpg :)
for pictures that MUST be good I use RAW

Cooper
08-01-2010, 02:39 PM
The software I got with my camera lets me convert my RAW images into other more common formats

You should use it to make your blue snow white again ;-)

B4 Sloth
08-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Just been up in the loft and found the software it came with. Now happily converting away at the click of a button. :thumbsup:
I'll be honest though am much preferring using plain ol Picasa 3....so much easier for what I need at the moment. Need to do me a photoshop course;)

Thanks for the responses, needless to say the petit piccies will all be in jpeg format.

MALLET
08-01-2010, 10:39 PM
I bet it was cold having your photo took in the RAW outside in the snow :p :woot: