PDA

View Full Version : Hello all..

Daryl
08-01-2010, 08:39 PM
It's pretty odd that I find my self on your forum considering the last time I touched an RC car was around 15 years ago (can't beleive it's that long ago!)

Someone at work happend to show my a youtube video of an RC airplane and then we went on to cars, I then started finding pics of the cars I used to own and got a little excited by the good memories

I sued to be a part of St Albans buggy club in the early 90's. My aunt knew someone in it and brought me my first car so I could join in and loved it. I started off with a Tamiya hornet or something, but then moved onto a Schumacher bosscat once I realy got into it. I then had 2 more cars which were a Yokomo Dogfighter and then another Schumacher CAT2000 EC.

As I grew up i moved onto other things like football and played for Letchworth etc and eventualy moved on, the car sat collecting dust in my loft for years till I gave it to one of my mates.

Ive been around your site and seem some videos of the action and now I want to get back into it, I used to love it!

Im pretty interested in attending one of your race days to watch and see how its grown since I was involved.

My questions are, are you able tome come along to the events to watch?

Also there were a few model companys local, 1 in letchworth whihch is gone, one in Stevenage old town, also gone and one in St Albans which...is also gone, are there any model shops around this area anymore?

If I was to look at getting another buggy, what would you recommend these days? id probabaly want 4wd, things have moved on an awful lot and im prety much new to it all now! :blush:

Cheers guys

Daryl.

Battle_axe
08-01-2010, 08:49 PM
It's pretty odd that I find my self on your forum considering the last time I touched an RC car was around 15 years ago (can't beleive it's that long ago!)

Someone at work happend to show my a youtube video of an RC airplane and then we went on to cars, I then started finding pics of the cars I used to own and got a little excited by the good memories

I sued to be a part of St Albans buggy club in the early 90's. My aunt knew someone in it and brought me my first car so I could join in and loved it. I started off with a Tamiya hornet or something, but then moved onto a Schumacher bosscat once I realy got into it. I then had 2 more cars which were a Yokomo Dogfighter and then another Schumacher CAT2000 EC.

As I grew up i moved onto other things like football and played for Letchworth etc and eventualy moved on, the car sat collecting dust in my loft for years till I gave it to one of my mates.

Ive been around your site and seem some videos of the action and now I want to get back into it, I used to love it!

Im pretty interested in attending one of your race days to watch and see how its grown since I was involved.

My questions are, are you able tome come along to the events to watch?

Also there were a few model companys local, 1 in letchworth whihch is gone, one in Stevenage old town, also gone and one in St Albans which...is also gone, are there any model shops around this area anymore?

If I was to look at getting another buggy, what would you recommend these days? id probabaly want 4wd, things have moved on an awful lot and im prety much new to it all now! :blush:

Cheers guys

Daryl.

welcome :) i am relitively new to the hobby (about 9 months) but i started off with a 2WD i think this is the way to get started as they are cheep and will give you a good starting point i race a Ansmann Madrat this is good for the money also a second hand team associated RC10 B4 would be a good starting car. in 4wd i run a Losi xxx4 but there are allot around again the team associated B44 and the Yokomo bmax are good cars 4wd is so full of cars there are alot of different choices around

budgio
08-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi

You might want to get down to the Stotfold track which wont be too far from you.
Stotfold track
Address: Between Hinxworth & Ashwellvillages
Type: Astro
Web: www.stotfoldmcc.co.uk (http://www.stotfoldmcc.co.uk)

Checkout JCJC,s sticky in the mid south sub forum for other tracks/shops near you