PDA

View Full Version : Narrow Blaze Set-up Help

Jonesy
12-01-2010, 09:37 PM
After struggling with some grip role at Ellesmere Port last week using Rally Blocks I have now received some Gecko Foams (37 Shore) which will be better on carpet (or so I believe!)

I have also bought the FTX Role Bars all round, can anyone suggest which role bars may give me a bit more stability? I was thinking trying the medium ones all round and going from there

Any thoughts?

Body Paint
12-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I'd go with the hardest one up front and the softest one on the rear. Most people tend to run a harder front tyre and a softer rear tyre on wide and narrow Blazes, so I guess you will be trying to get rid of some front end.

If you have too much grip on your foams, try putting some super glue on the outer edge of the front tyres, this should help to stop the tyres digging in and will make the car much less edgy.

I assume you've bought the trued down tyres? 58mm OD seems to work best for me, though the smaller the better on a narrow blaze

sldmodels
13-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Alternatively, as it's not a micro, if you're allowed too run additives, and you want to save money. Mini-pins on the rear, with touring car tyres on the front with the inside half with additive on it, jack is good for the that.

i4n
13-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Alternatively, as it's not a micro

And there I was thinking my FTX Blaze was a micro.......

As Craig will tell you, I'm not the best driver in the world but I found that a roll bar on the front without a rear was best for me, running with Rally Blocks.

I've also turned the backend around 180 degrees too which made it more stable for me in the corners (as per this post over on UK Micro RC http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=12150)

sldmodels
13-01-2010, 07:35 PM

As Craig will tell you, I'm not the best driver in the world but I found that a roll bar on the front without a rear was best for me, running with Rally Blocks.

I've also turned the backend around 180 degrees too which made it more stable for me in the corners (as per this post over on UK Micro RC http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=12150)

Sorry, meant to say "as it's not a micro national"

Jonesy
13-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd go with the hardest one up front and the softest one on the rear. Most people tend to run a harder front tyre and a softer rear tyre on wide and narrow Blazes, so I guess you will be trying to get rid of some front end.

If you have too much grip on your foams, try putting some super glue on the outer edge of the front tyres, this should help to stop the tyres digging in and will make the car much less edgy.

I assume you've bought the trued down tyres? 58mm OD seems to work best for me, though the smaller the better on a narrow blaze

Cheers Craig, I've gone Medium on the front and Soft on the rear purely for the basis of trying the car this week at Oswestry and Ellesmere Port and leaving myself an option to go stiffer.

As for Super Glue on the foams, certainly not used to this from 1/10th although I'll give it ago depending on how Ellesmere Port is, Rally Blocks at Oz

Jonesy
13-01-2010, 08:19 PM

Thanks i4n, I'f noticed this on UK Micro RC, possible option going forward

sldmodels
13-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Super-glueing the sidewalls is a foam tyre thing. You're not glueing them to make them stick to the road better lol! but to harden the outside edges to prevent grip roll.