PDA

View Full Version : New to out door buggy racing

yorkie
17-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi all, Looking for help regarding racing Durga 4 wheel at Eden Park. My Grandson and I have only recently began buggy racing at Faversham indoor and would now like to race outdoor as well as,We both have 4 wheel drive Durga DB01 and run 13.5 brushless systems, 12.5 available, we also use spectrum.and use Lipo, Are there any battery charging facilitties?, I beleive that we need some sort of protection regarding the electrics and rumour has it that we need to look at our current wheels/tyres,any help and advice would be appreciated, we hope to visit 07 Feb to race if we can get the relevant bits required in time or to have a brouse and a chat with the experts

Regards Dave

David Church
18-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Hi Dave,
It would be great to see you both at EPR.
Charging facilities, there are no mains power avaliable on a regular basis, we use generators or a 12 volt battery. You would be able to plug into someones generator, plenty of us have them and I would let ya use some of my power.
If the weather conditions are damp/wet, we do take some sort of water proofing! Usually with blue tak, tape, and old insert, or what ever to keep the moisture out. My Cat Sx has an under tray and is very good at keeping water out, I cover any holes in the shell and put a foam insert in the front of the car, between the under tray and shell, seems to work good.
Tyres, in the damp/wet most use Schumacher mini spike in the Green compound, in the dry a Yellow compound. A medium insert is a good place to start.
Great so now you are ready to race!!! Any other questions, post em up:thumbsup:

brookie
18-01-2010, 12:26 PM
It's always worth keeping a regular eye on this section of the forum for details of our times at the track other than just race days!

We have very regular open days, practice sessions and work party's at the track and all drivers and helpers are always welcome, regardless or either experience or ability, to come along, have a look and a chat about who we are, what we do and offer to both our members and non-members alike and what we use and recommend.

Almost certainly there will be the first work party/practice session of the New Year this forthcoming Saturday, 23 January, watch out for an announcement very soon!

EPR Committee

yorkie
18-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi Dave many thanks for the info I can't digest it at the moment as I have just returned from a days toil so will get back to your feed back tomorrow, Many thanks Dave

yorkie
18-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi Brookie, Thanks for the input We hope to be able to make the Sat open day
Regards Dave

yorkie
18-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Hi Brookie, Thanks for the input we hope to see you Sat open day

yorkie
25-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi Dave sorry we missed you Saturday but it's sods law, we had electrical probs at home, the garage kept tripping the house out so my wife prioritised my wekend, Hope to see you at the next meeting, we will seek you out if that's okay

Regards Dave

David Church
26-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Come along on the 7th of Feb winter series, you will get all the help you need:D

brookie
26-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Chances are, weather permitting, that there will be, with a reasonable amount of certainty, somebody (myself) up the track for sometime this forthcoming Saturday 30 January.

DC and several other SE competitors will be away at the BRCA Winter Open Finals at Worksop.