PDA

View Full Version : Champion's League Final tonight!!! Liverpool v AC Milan

Kopite
23-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Tonight's the big night, where the pride of England take on the mighty Italians in the CL final.

Party at Stan's for the big game!! BBQ, booze and hookers will be available for all

predictions please....

millzy
23-05-2007, 09:40 AM
3 -1 to AC liverpool scoring first

Wraggy
23-05-2007, 09:58 AM
2-2 AET AC win on Pens ..

Nick Goodall
23-05-2007, 10:10 AM
4-1 to Milan

Kaka and Seedorf on the scoresheet for Milan.

RLGfx
23-05-2007, 10:24 AM
i'm predicting 2-1 to liverpool, Kaka scoring first, then Riise equalising from range, and Crouchy scoring the winner in the dying minutes with a header from a corner...

Wraggy
23-05-2007, 10:26 AM
and Crouchy scoring the winner in the dying minutes with a header from a corner...
didnt know they were using Barn Doors as goals nowdays ??:D

loose
23-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Tonight's the big night, where the pride of England take on the mighty Italians in the CL final.

Party at Stan's for the big game!! BBQ, booze and hookers will be available for all

predictions please....

Prediction, Caraghers mother gets arrested for robbin the Milan dressing room. ;)

I reckon Milan will be mad keen to get revenge for Istanbul, that must of hurt, with Gerrard your only chance. If he gets better of Gattuso, and rest of your midfield can keep Kaka quiet you might have a sniff, but I think you'll struggle.

2 nil to a resurgent Milan.

loose
23-05-2007, 10:47 AM
and Crouchy scoring the winner in the dying minutes with a header from a corner...

lol - cows arse and banjo spring to mind. ;)

Kopite
23-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Alan Hansen's words on bbc sport website...

'I am 100% confident Liverpool will win tonight'

....not sure he should be THAT confident, but Liverpool can win. Rafa's tactics need to be utterly spot on, and he needs to decide whether to use pace up front against their ageing defence, or the aerial attack, which i personally think would be a mistake.

Kewell to come on and score the winner? :cool:

Kopite
23-05-2007, 10:53 AM
lol - cows arse and banjo spring to mind. ;)

he's one of the top scorers in the CL this season....

wacattack
23-05-2007, 10:55 AM
5-1 to Milan

Wraggy
23-05-2007, 11:00 AM
he's one of the top scorers in the CL this season....
only scored 2 in the Knock out stages compared to Kaka's 5..;)

Swiss
23-05-2007, 11:14 AM
I love the way everyone thinks we are going to loose, bit like the Barcelona Match and Chelsea..... Keep's us as underdogs. I think all we have to do is frustrate the the first half then mount an attack! I reckon Liverpool 1-0 AET...

loose
23-05-2007, 11:19 AM
What does CL stand for by the way. Cant be champions league, when its an English mid to topish league team, and an Italian mid to topish team of bribing cheats! ;)

Be honest, who gives a toss about the league stages of the compition, bring back the old days where the 'Champions' played in a knock out.

rcracer
23-05-2007, 11:26 AM
booze and hookers will be available for all

Address please....;)

Swiss
23-05-2007, 11:30 AM
I would think Champions League...

How is Liverpool a mid to topish team when they have finished 3rd for 2 seasons in a row?

Proudly spoken by a bitter Man Utd or Chelsea fan!

What does CL stand for by the way. Cant be champions league, when its an English mid to topish league team, and an Italian mid to topish team of bribing cheats! ;)

Be honest, who gives a toss about the league stages of the compition, bring back the old days where the 'Champions' played in a knock out.

Wraggy
23-05-2007, 11:38 AM
at least Liverpool's crime rate will be down for tonight anyway ..:D :D

loose
23-05-2007, 11:45 AM
I would think Champions League...

How is Liverpool a mid to topish team when they have finished 3rd for 2 seasons in a row?

Proudly spoken by a bitter Man Utd or Chelsea fan!

Wash your mouth out, unlike most Man U Chelsea and Liverpool fans, I support my home town team. ;) Unfortunately for me I was born in a city with truly sh*t team.

Swiss, I know what CL stands for, and the mid to topish comment is a light hearted dig at the Reds on here. They can take it :D

loose
23-05-2007, 11:46 AM
at least Liverpool's crime rate will be down for tonight anyway ..:D :D
yeah but by Monday there'll be even less of the Acropolis left! ;)

Swiss
23-05-2007, 11:54 AM
[
I do appologise.....

Well fortunately for me, my home team is Liverpool and I think tonight we should be all supporting the English team...

Bu the way Wraggy, I have had more trouble living down south, than I ever had when on a night out in Liverpool!!!

quote=loose;40672]Wash your mouth out, unlike most Man U Chelsea and Liverpool fans, I support my home town team. ;) Unfortunately for me I was born in a city with truly sh*t team.

Swiss, I know what CL stands for, and the mid to topish comment is a light hearted dig at the Reds on here. They can take it :D[/quote]

loose
23-05-2007, 11:57 AM
No worries Swiss.

Even though I'll have to put up with all the Liverpool fans I know bragging, I still want them to win tonight. (if only to annoy my best mate who's a diehard Toffee lol) ;)

millzy
23-05-2007, 12:19 PM
aerial attack, isnt that a bit over the top
? i mean taking them down to 9 men might give you a hope in hell
BUT ordering a an aerial attack to wipe out the team is un sportsman like

Kopite
23-05-2007, 12:26 PM
I've never had a bit of trouble on a night out in Liverpool, it's the best night out in the country (except for Newquay)!!

There'll be some blue noses at mine tonight (DODDY!), god i hope we win cos i can't be doing with talk of their small club tactics....:D

6th European Cup win here we come!!!

Ste Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's big and he's f**kin hard,
Ste Gerrrard Gerrard

millzy
23-05-2007, 12:31 PM
big and hard? hes like 5ft nothing and 11 stone

Kopite
23-05-2007, 12:48 PM
front page of the daily star....

'R/C legend Millzy kicks the crap out of Steven Gerrard'

emzy
23-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I think Millzy could have him anyday. He's just a wussy scouser after all!

I had to try and explain "scousers" to the Spanish assistant this morning... mmm...

Wraggy
23-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I think Millzy could have him anyday. He's just a wussy scouser after all!

I had to try and explain "scousers" to the Spanish assistant this morning... mmm...

Emz get off this thread !!!! its a mans game ..
will starting the knitting thread later :D :D ;) :rolleyes:

Kopite
23-05-2007, 01:00 PM

dude, proper LOL moment, although you've probably just caused a SHIT STORM there :o

Wraggy
23-05-2007, 01:01 PM
although you've probably just caused a SHIT STORM there :o

dont worry Stan , i can handle Em ;) .

millzy
23-05-2007, 01:15 PM
long as you dont tell her newcaslte birds are slaggs you will be ok

i did at kiddy and i got punched in the head

Wraggy
23-05-2007, 01:17 PM

and you cried im told !!!!! you big girl :D ;)

millzy
23-05-2007, 01:18 PM
i thougth simon did it at first, i was a right hook that george forman would have been proud of

Kopite
23-05-2007, 01:41 PM

Newcastle birds at Stan's tonight!!!!:cool:

Chequered Flag Racing
23-05-2007, 01:43 PM
predictions please....

I predict I'll be @ the club with my RC Toys :)

football what's all that about? :wtf:

RLGfx
23-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Newcastle birds at Stan's tonight!!!!:cool:

Really? I am so there.....

Kopite
23-05-2007, 01:51 PM
thought you already were Rob? you're so shallow!!!

RLGfx
23-05-2007, 01:53 PM
if there's gonna be slags i'll be sat on the doorstep when you get home!

Teddy truman
23-05-2007, 02:05 PM
liverpool 1-0 or 1-1 and into pens, liverpool keep up there amazing record and win yet another pen kick comp.

do you lot watch football??? liverpool and AC average teams.............. oh dear.:rolleyes: and who the hell put 5-1 ???????? as someone quite well put just look at who the two teams have beat to get there.... average ;)

Adam Skelding
23-05-2007, 02:14 PM
3-2 Liverpool.
Fowler off the bench to slot the winner in the Onion Bag....

God-Like status for all time....

:cool:

Kopite
23-05-2007, 02:27 PM
3-2 Liverpool.

if that actually happened, i think i'd get a semi on

PTRU
23-05-2007, 02:31 PM
To much Information

Liverpool to win

Wraggy
23-05-2007, 02:32 PM
if that actually happened, i think i'd get a semi on
WOAH !!!!!! Way to much info !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf: :wtf:

Nick Goodall
23-05-2007, 02:48 PM
3-2 Liverpool.

He won't even get on the pitch unless it goes to Pen's and Liverpool will be lucky to take them that far - Kaka alone can tear apart any team as he's done all year again.

It'll be an interesting match but i don't think it'll come close to the one 2 years ago, that will take some beating as far as good matches go!

footey
23-05-2007, 02:50 PM
kaka to score a hattrick and milan to win:)

Kopite
23-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Maschareno to man mark Kaka out of the game....

millzy
23-05-2007, 02:55 PM
he wil get on the pitch

when liverpool collect there runner up medals

loose
23-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Park, Park, wherever you may be
They eat dogs in your home country,
but it could be worse,
You could be Scouse,
Eating rats in your council house.

Ah, terrace wit! :D

Kopite
23-05-2007, 03:46 PM
don't blame it on the Biscan,
don't blame it on the Hamann,
don't blame it on the Finnan,
blame it on Traore...
he just can't, he just can't, he just can't control his feet...

sorry, it's not that relavent a song any more, just makes me laugh!! How did we ever win the CL in '05 with that team!!

emzy
23-05-2007, 03:48 PM

Want me to explain the offside rule...?! :p

You can handle me eh... hmm....!!

Anyway, are you trying to tell me the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo are "men"?! PAH!

PTRU
23-05-2007, 03:53 PM
we won with good old fashioned hard work blood sweat and tears and the last one determination. plus Steve G

Wraggy
23-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Want me to explain the offside rule...?! :p

You can handle me eh... hmm....!!

Anyway, are you trying to tell me the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo are "men"?! PAH!

yes please feel free to explain it ;) should be interesting ..
and you know i can handle you :cool: , after all you reckon your scared of me ..:( ..

loose
23-05-2007, 04:12 PM
The offside rule explained for girls
>
> You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the
> shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and
> which you must have.
>
> The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing
> them with desire.
>
> Both of you have forgotten your purses.
>
> It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you
> had no money to pay for the shoes.
>
> The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.
>
> Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop

> and sees your dilemma.
>
> She prepares to throw her purse to you.
>
> If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other
> shopper and buy the shoes.
>
> At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and,
> *whilst it is in flight* you could nip around the other shopper, catch

> the purse and buy the shoes.
>
> Always remembering that until the purse has *actually been thrown* it
> would be plain wrong to be forward of the other shopper.
>
> There you go poppet.

;)

millzy
23-05-2007, 04:20 PM
oh pore liverpool fans crying already on bbcnews

Kopite
23-05-2007, 04:20 PM
that is absolute genius!

the most important thing to ask yourself in this situation though, is 'why is she out of the kitchen?'

...lol, i'm digging my own grave here!!

LiamD
23-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Milan to win 2-0. I hate Liverpool FC and always have... almost as much as the macams and the smoggies.

Nowt wrong with Newcastle women... :D

Wraggy
23-05-2007, 04:31 PM
oh pore liverpool fans crying already on bbcnews
a quote off the BBC website !! :D :D its so funny

Fan Ben Whitehead, a 22-year-old computer technician of Huddersfield, West Yorks, said: "I am absolutely devastated. "I have been crying and I will probably cry again in a minute. I am just trying to hold it in".

big girl !!!!!:D

emzy
23-05-2007, 04:45 PM
that is absolute genius!

the most important thing to ask yourself in this situation though, is 'why is she out of the kitchen?'

...lol, i'm digging my own grave here!!

I wish I could be bothered to bite...

And believe me, if I was in the kitchen, I'd be burning your food... or giving you food poisoning - one of the two!

Watch your back Stan... I'll set Wraggy on you (after he's finished "handling" me!!) :D

rcracer
23-05-2007, 08:23 PM
bloody hell is simon cowell the refferee :eh?:

Bathy
23-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Some people are on the pitch... they think its all over... no wait, it's the Liverpool team.

emzy
23-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Oh dear, oh dear!

bert digler
23-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh dear, oh dear!

the ref was in a milan top:D

rcracer
23-05-2007, 08:40 PM
the ref was in a milan top:D
or his watch was fast :mad:

bert digler
23-05-2007, 08:41 PM

he used his sex watch

emzy
23-05-2007, 08:41 PM

I thought that...!

Nick Goodall
23-05-2007, 10:05 PM

The fact it took them 87 mins to score seems to suggest it wasn't likely they would get another in 15 seconds :D

Why oh why did he pick Zenden?? He was a waste of time against Chelsea in the last round and did the same thing again tonight! Milan were just too strong, they had few chances but took them. Fair result imho.

Kopite
24-05-2007, 08:10 AM
absolutely gutted, but yeah, we simply aren't as good as them. Rafa did most things right, except pick Zenden, but until we buy a world class striker, we won't challenge for anything.

ah well, the cat got kicked last night.

...back to the land of r/c racing again

Wraggy
24-05-2007, 08:21 AM
here you go stan in case you missed it while kicking the cat !!!!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42964000/jpg/_42964419_inzaghitrophy203270.jpg lol , sorry it had to be done ...:D

PTRU
24-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Nick your right. 15 sec's nether here or there. The game was lost in the first half, you can not miss 3 chances in a game like that, Liverpool should have gone in at half time 3:1 up, Gutted.

Least it was a good game

B&H Racing
24-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Agree Kopite, Why Why Zenden :confused:

Did nothing against Chelsea in the Semi Final and nothing last night.

Loudest cheer of the night at the pub when he got taken off.

millzy
24-05-2007, 09:52 AM
it was a crap match i switched off at HaLF time. sorry you lost stan hope doddy didnt rub it in to much

Nick Goodall
24-05-2007, 11:16 AM
"The FA have started a hotline for Liverpool supporters after their Champions League disaster.

The number is 0800 010101 or 0800 nothing won, nothing won, nothing won !!!!!!!!!"

Kopite
24-05-2007, 12:06 PM
What have Olivia Newton-John and Liverpool FC got in common?

They both got f**ked in Greece
:(

Teddy truman
24-05-2007, 01:26 PM
second goal was all harry kewells fault!!! was limping round trying to get a free kick and was not marking KAKA!!!! and Zenden ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!! crouch should have come on soooo much earlier. I cant be the only one that noticed Alonso giving away lots and lots of silly free kicks, one that milan scored from:mad: but cant say all bad the boys, they did take it to milan was not easy for them. pennant 100% man of the match.

Nick Goodall
24-05-2007, 01:59 PM
second goal was all harry kewells fault!!! was limping round trying to get a free kick and was not marking KAKA!!!! and Zenden ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!! crouch should have come on soooo much earlier. I cant be the only one that noticed Alonso giving away lots and lots of silly free kicks, one that milan scored from:mad: but cant say all bad the boys, they did take it to milan was not easy for them. pennant 100% man of the match.

Pennant? Noooooo he couldn't get a decent cross in all game, even Gerrard was losing it with him - i did think at 55 mins they should have bought Zenden and Pennant off, moved Gerrard to the right and bring Kewel on to the left - then they could have at least played Crouch and Kuyt together for a lot longer then the 13/14 mins they were given. They seem to shoot themselves in the foot from my point of view, i don't know how everyone can see Zenden is a complete waste of time yet the manager can't?!?!

Kopite
24-05-2007, 02:23 PM
i think the only reason why Zenden was on the pitch was because Gonzales has been absolutely shocking, Garcia is out for the season, Kewell has only just come back from injury and was a risk, no matter how talented he is. To be fair, i would've preferred even Riise on the left wing, but Riise does an ok job at left back, and we've got a solid back 4 that you don't wanna start tinkering with for the final!

Even Benitez has come out today in the news and said that Gonzales is on his way out, and Zenden is free to leave. He knows they're crap, but he didn't have many options on the left for that game.

Zenden irritated the hell out of me all game, he was taking far too much time to do anything, and was easily marked out of the game.

Pennant worked his socks off, but he still seems scared to go past people, and his crosses constantly hit their first defender. Our best two players were gerrard and maschareno, but that's just my opinion, it isn't neccessarily right :D

tyreman
24-05-2007, 05:57 PM
I still can't work out why you would leave your top goal scorer on the bench, for such an important match:confused: