PDA

View Full Version : Having it large

Hog
21-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Well how about that then eh? 58 drivers last night - the most we've seen for many years and virtually back to the sort of numbers we had when the club first moved to Boughton under its founder - Ron Barrett.

I know it takes away from some of the leisurely approach to the racing, but with those sort of number (and 8 heats!) we really have to run to a strict timetable. 2 minutes between heats isn't much, but it's time enough to return your transponder and put your car on charge. The relief marshalling seemed to work well last night too.

We're going to try and get underway earlier next week, so it would be appreciated if people can get to the hall as early as possible. Heat 1 on the line at 7.45pm latest would be great - earier if possible so it doesn't become too late an evening for the kids.

One other thing - please can the amount of practicing inbetween heats be kept to a minimum. I know you want to see if turning that shock collar half a turn has made all the difference to your setup, but with only 2 minutes between heats and a lot of human traffic, unless you have a serious problem to resolve it really doesn't help getting the next race gridded up. Not a whinge - just a request.

Thanks to Lewis last night as well for the track design - Petit influenced at all at the end of the straight? :D Oh and thanks to everyone who helped put the track away :thumbsup:

Anyway - onwards and upwards. Let's make next week even better and see if we can make Alan pull out the few remaining hairs on his head trying to book everyone in :thumbsup:

Team No Idea
21-01-2010, 09:05 AM
58! Wicked! roll on next week!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Pitty i continued my naff driving on from the weekend.:blush:....must try harder!

MHeadling
21-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Thats great news! FORCC is the place to be!

I was gutted I couldnt make it as I had a cup Basket Ball game at Herne Bay but we beat them so worth it!

A certain Mr Baker has a new car to try next week!.................. its very blue!

crewie
21-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Can't believe I had to miss last night:cry:. Sounds like a great night was had.

grimidol
21-01-2010, 07:59 PM
was a good track but :D
But then by what i have seen since i have come back them seeem to be good every week :thumbsup:

Hog
21-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Can't believe I had to miss last night:cry:. Sounds like a great night was had.

You were missed pal - hope that whatever caused you to miss it has been sorted. See you next week hopefully.

jim76
21-01-2010, 09:30 PM
i'm gutted i don't have a decent indoor club like Faversham near me. I used to love running at Deal, Capel etc on polished floor with 27t motors. Frantic close racing and dirt cheap!

We need more clubs like yours. Keep up the good work

Hog
21-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the words of approval Jim. It's nice to know that FORCC is viewed in such a positive light.

I overheard quite a few people at Petit RC talking about us - people who I didn't know from Adam - so our reputation must be spreading :thumbsup:

B&H Racing
21-01-2010, 11:50 PM
FORCC is the bestest :thumbsup:

58 people and it sounds from this thread a few of the regulars did not make it including myself :cry:

60 soon me thinks

Tractor Boy
22-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Just wanted to have my say on last weds,

wow what a turn out 58 drivers and 8 people missing from the previous week.

I know we had to run to the clock but is that such a bad thing, we pick up so much time doing it that way.

Now here is my big moan to just about everybody who runs at the club, tell me if you will where you think we lose most time in the course of the evening, well i,m going to tell you, it,s not the time we get there as Mr Crew has the hall open very early, it,s not the building of the track as yet again the same man has that one well covered, it,s not the setting up of the computer as we have probably the best man in the land for this job ie Mr Peters, it,s the bloody time it takes me to book you lot in.

Me and Jodie started the booking in at 6.30 last week and finally finished at 7.40, thats an hour and ten minutes.

Now i know some of you get there a little late at times and that i have no problem with, it's the fact when you enter the hall the first and only thing on your minds is to go out and practice and this is most of you from the top to the bottom.

The time we lose in booking in is incredable and something we must improve on, do you think it's fair that me and jodie spend so much time chasing you lot to book in.

Hope you understand where i'm coming from on this one and maybe from now on you will take booking in more seriously as could you imagine if i brought in a rule which says no practice till booked in.

Kind reagards Alan

ps feel free to post your comments on this subject.

gav4wd
22-01-2010, 10:04 PM
My personal view i would rather have anouther round/final than practise Wednesday night was a prime example, the stage was full all the time with mixed abilitys meaning no one gained due to traffic or just faster cars tagging slower ones. the track gets smashed to bits so when you do get to the heats the track you practised on has changed, cars are either broken or not ready to go for the start of the meeting.
I know people are going to say we need to practise you cant do this but really once you have a setup in Forcc you dont change to much to warrant loads of practise, The Pettit was an example, 1x 5min heat practise no time to change much in 5min so really a waste of time!.
An extra round means you get to run with cars that are near to the same abilitys which has got to be more benificial for all.:thumbsup:

Tractor Boy
22-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Fair point Neil,

These are the points that i am looking for, please keep them coming, can not promise that they will be implemented but if we do not here them we can not consider them.

Team No Idea
22-01-2010, 10:27 PM
My personal view i would rather have anouther round/final than practise Wednesday night was a prime example, the stage was full all the time with mixed abilitys meaning no one gained due to traffic or just faster cars tagging slower ones. the track gets smashed to bits so when you do get to the heats the track you practised on has changed, cars are either broken or not ready to go for the start of the meeting.
I know people are going to say we need to practise you cant do this but really once you have a setup in Forcc you dont change to much to warrant loads of practise, The Pettit was an example, 1x 5min heat practise no time to change much in 5min so really a waste of time!.
An extra round means you get to run with cars that are near to the same abilitys which has got to be more benificial for all.:thumbsup:

Im with Neil on this one.... when i first run at the club i went out to practice because it was what everyone else was doing, however recently i have felt less and less need to go out. Take the winter series for example when i got there late and turned up just in time for my round of qualifying. Missing practice had no affect on my day at all and i think its possible to learn more by getting out under "race conditions" with only 6-8 cars in a heat. So yeah lets get started sooner and use an extra heat as "practice" if you like.:thumbsup:

Hog
23-01-2010, 01:03 AM
maybe from now on you will take booking in more seriously as could you imagine if i brought in a rule which says no practice till booked in.

Think that's a good idea personally. Not that I get much time to practice as I'm usually fixing cars lol :D

discostu
23-01-2010, 09:25 AM
i have to say im all for it neils sujestion as it does work if you take maritime racing for example they run practise 3Q and 1 Final and they have 8 heats pretty much every week they start racing at 8. ok you would finish at 11 ish but there is no reason we couldnt shorten practise down and start earlier and still get 3Q and 1Final.

What i will say tho as it runs at the moment its very good and is proven but i cant for the life of my figure out why Edd is never in the top heat with myself neil dave etc as we all know he will be there pretty much every other week and takes the top spot pretty much every week.

with neils sujestion this wouldn't be so bad at least he would get to race with us all once in the eve. (just my opinon)

stu

Hog
23-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Stu - heats have always been sorted on the previous weeks' finishing order. If you're not there 1 week, you're not at the top next week.

I believe Ed will be back on a more permanent basis now anyway so he'll be back in the top heat.

discostu
23-01-2010, 12:13 PM
hey dave

yeah i apritiate that but why isn't he put in the the lowest heat in that case.

in my opinion the heats should be done by a persentage of weeks attended and results this way you will end up with even standard of drivers in all heats for example edd comes every 2nd week and wins he would have 100% neil would be there every week and wins every 2nd other week which still gives neil a good 99% but when he misses a week it wont effect his percentage lets say for example kev lee turns up on a club night and finishes 2nd but you dont see him for 6 months he then comes back and because he finished 2nd he would have a 99% average so the heat would look something like edd neil kev etc doing it this way kev would be happy edd would be happy i would be happy because we can all have a good race other than neil running around 2 laps faster than every body in his heat edd running around 3 laps faster than his heat and kev running around 5 laps faster than his heat. can you see where im coming from.

stu:thumbsup:

gav4wd
23-01-2010, 12:59 PM
For me being sad im there every week so never really happens for me, but it can be fun and can make you think about racing i.e
for example Ed comes every other week (as of Feb there every week):thumbsup: not always in the top heat so for him its now not a race on the track but one against the clock the same for us which can work in favour for Ed as the lower heat lets him get on with it (sometimes) were as the top heat :woot: are busy (sometimes) so busy doing the pages of the kamra sutra they slow them selves down.
I like the change never is the top heat the same people which adds to the fun .
the term youve earn't it you desrve it comes to mind:thumbsup:

discostu
23-01-2010, 01:21 PM
to be honest we go on wednesday purly for the racing we all like to do the best we can and we all wanna race we other people with the same ability in my opinion the championship is a pointless exersise as there is no reward for it and you would need to go every week to be in it thats why a driver gradeing system would be much better for racing than the current one in use like i said we go to race not. how it is at the moment is like marc rehinard (current tc world champion and Off road euro champion)turning up on a wednesday night and racing with the absolute beginners. it doesnt figure.

WE JUST WANNA RACE

Stu:thumbsup:

rc_penguin
23-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Even if we had no practice and when straight into 3 rounds of qualifying then had maybe a final or two :)

discostu
23-01-2010, 04:17 PM
i think two finals would be a little over the top and i also think a practise is needed just to give the cars a shake down things do go wrong and a practise is a good indecation if the problem is cured.

Team No Idea
23-01-2010, 04:26 PM
i think two finals would be a little over the top and i also think a practise is needed just to give the cars a shake down things do go wrong and a practise is a good indecation if the problem is cured.

I think your right Stu, 2 finals is a bit much to squeeze in. But this brings us back to running an extra heat intead of practice. How about (if we are all on time and booked in fast enough) 1 extra heat at the start of the evening in our heat orders/positions that was maybe a set 5 minutes but no lap times that way there would be no pressure to perform but would give us a shakedown of the cars and a feel for the track just like at a national, and then on to the normal 3 heats? rather than a final as such?

discostu
23-01-2010, 05:02 PM
the problem with a timed practise as such we would still need to consider the youngsters and after all it is club racing what i think would need to happen after the track is built practise opens and at a set time practise will be stopped the tr loop put down and racing starts early enough to race 3 rounds and 1 final.

stu

Tractor Boy
23-01-2010, 05:17 PM
All good points boys so far but as you can see the commity are mostly keeping off this post to let you guys have your say.

As i said last night it's great to hear these suggestions but obviouslt we can not promise to change the way we run the club.

Myself personaly and this IS my own personal opinion we do need to change something but trust me it's not as easy as it sounds. My origional point was regards the booking in ie. the time this takes and thus far i have not heard any of you discussing this point because all your suggestions are based upon us making up lots of wasted time and where do we waste most time BOOKING IN!!!

So keep the comments coming guys but please think hard regards the booking in one please.

Kind regards Alan

discostu
23-01-2010, 05:27 PM
yes alan you are correct we all need to book in i think the only way you would force people to book in straight away is to not alow practise to open until this is done. i hold my hands up and i can only apologise im one of the chased and the only reason for it is i get so carried away with my car setup changes etc. but on the other hand if every body knew that booking in was closed at a certain time and if you havent booked in by that point you dont race and be hard about it soon wouldn't be a problem and it will give yourself chance to work on your own car.

stu

whissstle
23-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Ok, my contribution. We have a club to be proud of!
Enviable numbers with quality drivers and some outstanding talent in the young blood.
We are mollicoddled at Faversham and perhaps we should be more appreciative of those who run the club and at the same time adopt race nights that follow the regional/national set up.
This would be booking in first, 3 qualifying rounds and subsequent finals.
2 minute intervals and relief marshalling are good disciplines.
Those who are unable to get there before 7.15-7.30 should make sure their car is ready the night before with battery charged!
Finals in ascending order, should enable the young ones to finish at a reasonable time. If they are talented, then tough, they will have to stay later! (my old age envy!!).
Why don't we give it a trial and see how it goes...

On a separate matter, what's happening with the outdoor track?

Team No Idea
23-01-2010, 06:52 PM
I think having a time limit may put some people off. Im pretty lucky as i can get there early (which gives me no excuse for booking in late! sorry alan!:blush:).
However for those who live further away, leave work later or get lifts in, it may be hard to get there on a time limit.
How about we simply move the bookng-in sheet to just inside the door? You pay as you enter and that way you have to pay before you get anything set up?
At the moment its very easy to walk in get everything going and completely forget to do it.

discostu
23-01-2010, 07:20 PM
alternativly if you cant make it before booking in closes maybe a text or somthing to alan or whoever to have you booked in all you would need to do is pay at least the numbers would be correct for john to do the computer stuff.

Minster68
23-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Firstly I think Alan, Dave & John do a great job running the club. :thumbsup: especially trying to keep us all in line..

I like the idea of a time limit on booking in, and also 3Q's and a final.

The auto timing between races also worked really well last week. With the numbers we are getting at the club, something will need to change, otherwise we will be there until midnight..:(

As long as i could drop Alan a txt to book in that all works fine for me. Cant get over as early now due to job.

We might also need to look at the pit area, as if you don't get there early you have nowhere to pit. With the high numbers every week this is going to get very tight..:woot::woot:

greasy mark
23-01-2010, 09:35 PM
i often let allan no if im running late but that isnt realy an ideal resovle as he would have to spend ages either reading txts or answering calls ,we have the same problem with booking in at kmrc as we the same way as forcc to not put preasure on people ,i think there should be a time set for last booking in so that racing can start at a set time .how about pre booking for the next meeting ,that way jodi could tick off names and take the money as allan could bookin the others?that could save quite a bit of time.also if the track was open for practise between say 6.45-7,15 and then closed that would give 15 mins for those that havnt booked in to do so before 7.30 .another idea would be to book every one staight in on the pc rater than paper then on to the pc that could save 10/15mins (i no that isnt as easy as it sounds),the other point some ome mentiond was the lack of pitting space when i started at forcc the were 3/4 around 2 tabels since then we have put another tabel at the end and went up to any whare between 5 and 7 around the same space last week there was 8 of use and not realy enough room to put your car down maybe if we keep geying these numbers could we use the back of the stage area for extra pitting or ask the hall owner if they can make some space buy moving some of the chairs or other stuff in a few of the corners to a less used part of the hall???? that was only ment to be a quick reply lol

grimidol
23-01-2010, 09:36 PM
You could do a pre booking in on the web or people pay for a month of racing if u have a print out of people you could mark next to them who has paid and how long for maybe just a idea .. more ideas gives you more of a chance of finding a good one :D but it is always hard to get it all done i think just because we all turn up set up then think about paying:confused:

discostu
23-01-2010, 10:13 PM
mark has a good point if everybody who races has an ability level and a percentage in the computer system like i previously maentioned and the booking in was put straight into the computer it would save a lot of time as alan wouldn't need to sit down next to john manualy entering the information the computer system would produce the heat listings to ability level rather than previouse weeks results which in my view can only be a good thing. after all we just wanna race.

stu:thumbsup:

greasy mark
23-01-2010, 10:21 PM
lol that would have saved me a lot of this typing malarky if d thaught of it lol

Mutant
24-01-2010, 02:16 AM
I normally know if i will, or will not be racing the following week. If everybody (or the majority) was in this position then, as suggested earlier, the booking in could possibly be done the week before.

Because we race on a different track each week, practice is helpful to many racers to learn the track. however i feel the majority of the gain would be in the first couple of mins, maybe any practice round need only be 2 mins? (if we were to have one).

With 58+ drivers, personally i feel it would be dificult to offer finals. We have the kids, but also most of us have work the following day, and some get up early.....

We have pitted on the stage before, this could be a possibility for the future.

I think we could aim for a 7:30 start if pre-booked in with the computer ready to go... we will have to work out if this is realistic.

The formula that we currently run to would not seem to be doing us any harm. I understand your point stu, about the grading, but the way we run is that the individual members race for position the following week. if we insert casual drivers into the top heat individuals that have earned the position need to be displaced. I think if somebody is comming regularly like ed this could be looked at, and there are other problems putting fast drivers into the slowest heats. In general i think Alan does a great job in juggling the heats about to get a good evenings racing, but i feel there is a rock and a hard place here. Not easy.....

its late, and i'm rambling sorry, i guess there is much to discuss....

Ollie

discostu
24-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Question

1: Who wants good close racing?

2: Who wants to race against the clock?

Mutant
24-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Was thinking about the issue of a driver being absent for a period. Although at the moment we do it based on the previous weeks performance, it could be possible to do it based on the last individual performance, therefore if a member comes 3rd and cannot come for a couple of weeks then he could be entered in at position 3 the next meeting he attends. Like a joint 3rd.

If individuals have a bad week and drop down a heat, i think that is fair enough........

Also if we were to introduce a table on the stage for the cars and transmitters we could potentially shave a bit of time between rounds. with so many heats charging will not be a problem.

stu: i'll have a stab....

1: I think that is what the system is trying to deliver. As far a regular members go it is not too bad a system to run. Guest drivers and drivers who cannot commit to weekly racing are the problem, but in general these are in the minority. My personal opinion is that 13.5t motors actually compromises 'good close racing' throughout the club, 17.5 or 21.5 would be better but we are down a particular alley.....

2: Nobody, that is why you try to do well and qualify for the appropriate heat...... to race against individuals of a similar standard...... for 'good close racing' !

Mutant
24-01-2010, 09:37 AM
With regards to pre-booking in, i know we will always get individuals who turn up on the night, if we were to close 'on the night' booking at 7:10 say, that may be enough time to get racing on the start line by 7:30. Everybody who gets in a little later would have to be pre-booked in.

discostu
24-01-2010, 09:58 AM
if we had a qualifying format and finals with grading it wouldn't matter about next weeks listings or people not being able to turn up every week you would always race againts people with simular ability and if you have a bad eve you would still be racing againts people with simular ability that night in the final.

it seems to me we only race for next weeks starting postion why is this:confused:

crewie
24-01-2010, 10:35 AM
7.30 is a pretty viable time to start actual racing i would say but, what time is acceptable to finish racing? Bearing in mind the younger ones that race.

Reason for asking is, with the numbers turning up at the moment running 3 qualifying rounds and then finals with the 2min turn round would mean last race finishes at 11.10pm!! Thats a bit late in my opinion! Thats only allowing for 8 heats of 7 and 7 finals of 8, (56 people). There was more than that last week without Ollie and myself so a couple more would mean yet another heat and last race around 11.35pm, much too late.

crewie
24-01-2010, 10:39 AM
As for what Alan said at the start about time lost booking people in. I like the idea of doing it when you arrive. If we can sort something out there it must be a good thing, not just for Alan but also to get the racing going earlier:thumbsup:

Mutant
24-01-2010, 11:07 AM
To answer stu's question, and anybody feel free to correct me here, it was a long time ago, the current format was introduced to deal with large numbers. First year or so i think we did run finals, but the numbers at boughton meant that the evenings just got too late. That is why it would seem questionable to introduce finals just as the numbers are increasing.....

Have we really been running this format for 20 years? Personally i think it is a great club format, but i realise that the more professional and experienced racers are used to finals at event racing, and that other clubs do run finals mid week..... But our system does allow for three attempts at a weekly score, not just a single bite of the apple..... there are pro's and con's here...

When we have speeded the evenings up as much as possible, we will know where we are time wise, and maybe if numbers drop off we could start to look more closely at introducing finals?

I agree with Dave, gone 11:00 is just too late, we have to pack up and get home..... personally i think it would be better to aim for a half 10 finish at the latest, but that it just my opinion.

Tractor Boy
24-01-2010, 11:14 AM
People lets not get lost in translation here please, my origional question was and how we could gain time in booking in and thankyou for your suggestions. PLease don't think the commity of FORCC do not take this seriously because trust me we do and many hours are spent discussing the running of the evening/club.

This is my personal take on a few questions that have been posed.

Alot has been said regards people that can only race fortnightly or every once in a while not being graded into the correct heat. We seem to be talking alot about A final drivers here.

Well lets use Jeff Fox as an example he works shift work and can only race with us once a fortnight but his commitment is unquestionable,ie. he loves his racing and no way would it be right for me to put him into the lowest heat each week that he can race. I place him using my experience where i feel is correct and this the same for each and every one of my drivers at this club.

Now i know your going to come back at me and say why does that not work the same for an A finalist driver, well my take on this is the way we run the evening at the moment is as stu said what you are racing for is next week's position so how do i displace 7th in the A for somebody coming back after a missed week. If we do change the format of how the evening is run then this may be irelavent but as it stands at the moment this is how it works. I take my job as booking in VERY VERY seriously please trust me on this one and i suppose you could say in a way it's down to Alan's skill of knowing all of his drivers and their ability where you will race after a missed week.

Hope this helps a bit guys, and please keep your comments coming as the FORCC commity is listening, but please remember this is a club for all that runs for all!

Kind regards, Alan

PS. off to B&Q i love DIY

crewie
24-01-2010, 11:28 AM
PS. off to B&Q i love DIY

I heard you were an expert:p

B&H Racing
24-01-2010, 11:30 AM
I agree with the point Alan made regarding Jeff.

I used to race Mardave at another club with Garry, we were both A final drivers. But Garry could only race once every fortnight.

He was always put in the bottom heat. This meant that he did not enjoy his racing and stopped going and it meant I could only race against him in the final.

Keep up the good work Alan, I myself have always been happy of what heat i`ve been put in.

Minster68
24-01-2010, 01:02 PM
A 7.30 start and 10.30 finish sounds good. The past few weeks have been late ones, not been get home until just before midnight. :( then up at 6am for work..:( run on auto pilot doe most of Thursday morning.

Its a great problem/issue to have, I beat not many clubs have to worry about having too many racers.. I like Mutant's idea of sorting out the timings first then seeing what time we have for finals etc.

Garry Spice
24-01-2010, 02:53 PM
I agree with the point Alan made regarding Jeff.

I used to race Mardave at another club with Garry, we were both A final drivers. But Garry could only race once every fortnight.

He was always put in the bottom heat. This meant that he did not enjoy his racing and stopped going and it meant I could only race against him in the final.

Keep up the good work Alan, I myself have always been happy of what heat i`ve been put in.

:wubthanks dude...and now i dont race at all!

Mutant
24-01-2010, 05:57 PM
We miss you Garry, hope you can join us again in the future.....

gav4wd
24-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Had a thought as most people have pc's and internet could we pre book by Tuesday night online for the Wednesday you then are in the computer for Wednesday as you arrive throught the door you pay your wonger job done.
no practise ,first heat 19.30 19.45 latest 2min in between heats, relief marshalling, and a committe call as to time and numbers for 4 rounds 5min racing. my maths makes that 8 heats = 56 min per round = 3h 44min over less clearing up by 23.15 so is this to LATE!
3 rounds 5min = 2h 48 min = 22.18
should be no need for less than 5min racing. in an emergency only text Alan after Tue night only if unable to make it.
simples!

discostu
24-01-2010, 08:59 PM
ok the 3Q and 1F may be streching the time people wanna be out till and i do agree it is nice to be home in good time. as of heat listing why does the heat listing need to be done from previouse weeks results apart from thats hows its always been done think about it another way if you consitanly make heat 3 for example (steping away from the top heat 7) your grading will present you in heat 3 with all the other drivers who are also in a simular grading and if you miss a week or two like jeff you would be seeded in the correct heat of simular ability to you so you would still be RACING againts the correct people.

and back on to alans point time booking in like mark and i said if you booked straight into the pc by a set time grading system was introduced the computer system will arrange heats for you thus saving a lot of time inputing the info in manualy so we could start earlier.

hows about going back to 4min racing that would give us more time to run finals.

stu

discostu
24-01-2010, 09:14 PM
i just done a quick calculation correct me if im wrong

8 heats @ 4 mins with 2 mins gap x 3 rounds + 8 finals @ 4mins with 2 mins gap makes 3hrs 12 mins 7:30 start takes us to 10:42 finish + ten mins between rounds and finals take it to 10:52.

this is based on a full 8 heats and a full 8 finals taking away a Q round and a Final 7 heats you would save 30mins.

just a sujestion

stu:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Saving time and giving fianls as well.

rc_penguin
24-01-2010, 09:23 PM
i just done a quick calculation correct me if im wrong

8 heats @ 4 mins with 2 mins gap x 3 rounds + 8 finals @ 4mins with 2 mins gap makes 3hrs 12 mins 7:30 start takes us to 10:42 finish + ten mins between rounds and finals take it to 10:52.

this is based on a full 8 heats and a full 8 finals taking away a Q round and a Final 7 heats you would save 30mins.

just a sujestion

stu:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Saving time and giving fianls as well.

Sounds good :thumbsup:

greasy mark
25-01-2010, 10:16 PM
loving the idea of finals if we could fit them in would kind of top the evening off :thumbsup:

Team No Idea
28-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Morning Chaps! I thought i'd whack a note on here today. Just to say that once again, last night running the evening to the clock worked really well i thought! I know it was mainly due to the high number of drivers but i think we should run it all the time.:thumbsup: Sorry i didnt stay to help clear up... i was feeling as rough as elephants testicles last night.:cry:

Hog
28-01-2010, 11:29 AM
How do you know how rough an elephants testicle is Martin? Mind you - you did look a bit pasty last night - hope you feel better soon.

59 drivers last night, so we were having it "even larger" than the week before! On top of that there were a couple of regulars missing and Alan has taken calls from people wishing to come and see what we do, so it's probably going to get even busier.

A couple of things I would like to request though chaps:

1. As much as that pitting space is at a premium, please can we try and keep the pitting area tidy and make best use of the space we have? Bags under tables to reduce any trip hazard, and if you have to use an extension lead PLEASE tape it down securely. We may have to look at pitting on the stage if we run out of room. Also if you have a pit table it may be wise to start bringing it - this also frees up the odd table for Crewie to incorporate into the track........

2. With the increase in numbers, invariably we're finishing later (still on time though). We all want to get away swiftly once racing is over, so can I remind EVERYONE that it has always been the courteous request of the FORCC "committee" that the last 2 heats stay and pack the track away. It always ends up with the same few doing it week in, week out, regardless of which heat they are in. And in some cases (Tony G), they're not racing at all and still help! So please, everyone do your share. There's between 14 - 16 people in the last heats and if everyone helps, it's literally minutes to put it all away and we can ALL get home at a decent time. No-one should consider themselves "above" helping out.

Thanks for listening - don't groan too loudly at the mention of packing away............

Tractor Boy
29-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Good call on point 2 mate, right behind you on that one.

You mentioned that i had a call regards new people coming along to the club, well i did but since wendesday i have recived 2 more calls from people wanting to come along and have a look, must say have never known anythink like this in my time at the club ie 25 years. Not sure if this is all over the land or just at FORCC but the intrest in our great sport at the moment is unbelievable and our little old hall is bursting at the mo and long may it be.

PS

Always said kids would get fed up with playing football and come along and join a club that offers somethink completley different.

Hog
29-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Batten down the hatches my friends - the walls will be bulging soon.

Good job I've lost some weight!

Tractor Boy
29-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Must admit the bit that makes me feel good at the mo is the amount of kids at the club, the ones that have been there a long time but also all these new ones we have turning up over the last few months, some think we should as a club be proud of and i hope this is the same across the country at all the other great clubs out there.

whissstle
29-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Yes, Alan we should be proud of the youngsters we have and do everything possible to help them on their way to beating us oldies.
We have some decisions to make to deal with the sheer volume of drivers, but as far as pitting, is there easy access to electrical sockets on the stage and reasonable lighting?
If so, I would be happy to migrate from my current position, which regularly gets bad air from the carefree dumpers in the gents!

Andy

ps. last weds, another bad week for me, but after sheering 2 diff bolts overtightening, realised when I got home that the small bevel gear on the driveshaft had worn and slipping its spline pin, so basically for last 2 weeks been struggling with virtual 2wd!! My excuse anyway.

pps. Who noticed my slip over when marshalling. 500 I believe if captured on video! Meerkat missed it, so 'stop looking at Andy Bate!'

Garry Spice
29-01-2010, 07:00 PM
can i do a nelson munts laugh at both points there andy!
shh,keep to yourself but ive got my old job back...racings back on but keep it to yourself ok?:thumbsup:

whissstle
29-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Gary,

Your camaraderie has been missed, look forward to seeing you again and congratulations on the job front.
I shall keep the good news to myself!

'Stop looking at Andy Bate's post!'

crewie
29-01-2010, 09:45 PM
The Meerkat i back :woot::thumbsup:

whissstle
29-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Gary,

Can you give us a portrait of yourself resembling Aleksander on the right of your signature blog?

Huge laughs!!

Des Lynam

yorkie
31-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Just a quick note to say how we enjoy FORCC. Reading the comments I hope we are not going to 4 minute Qs, 5 mins is not long enough when you enjoy your racing and your still trying to get to grips of hand and eye co-ordination, I started in Q1 am still in Q1 and will probably never manage to leave Q1. Yes the pitting is very cramped and an alterative would be good thing.
Thanks for a great club, sorry we can't help with the clearing up but school beckons and we are under orders to be home ASAP

Tractor Boy
31-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks Dave for your kind words, goes a long way trust me. We do our best but understand you can not please everybody all the time.

Nothing is changing at the mo so do not worry and regards your qualifying, keep the kind comments coming and i'm sure you'll soon find yourself in the top heat.

With so many new people coming through the door at the moment things are a little bit busy and tight for pitting space but i'm sure with a little tweak here and there thiings will be fine. If we had to migrate onto the stage for pitting then so be it, but i'm sure it will not come to this.

Kind regards Alan.

discostu
31-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Just a quick note to say how we enjoy FORCC. Reading the comments I hope we are not going to 4 minute Qs, 5 mins is not long enough when you enjoy your racing and your still trying to get to grips of hand and eye co-ordination, I started in Q1 am still in Q1 and will probably never manage to leave Q1. Yes the pitting is very cramped and an alterative would be good thing.
Thanks for a great club, sorry we can't help with the clearing up but school beckons and we are under orders to be home ASAP

hey yorkie

if we ran 3x Qualifiers and 1x Finals @ 4 mins we would actualy have more track time and you would also have a chance of racing other people as you improve you would start to go up the finals and if you start racing againts faster people the learning curve is sped up.

stu

its good to hear you are enjoying the racing.