PDA

View Full Version : Oh happy days !

andys
13-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Found these little gems today whilst having a sort out at home and thought it would be nice to share them. For those not in the know, it's Batley Buggy Clubs first home at the Hare & Hounds pub. Not sure if i'm the sole surviving (still driving) member ?

Anyhow, enjoy, wasn't my pink and black car nice ?
Does anyone recognise any of the people I wonder ?
Does anyone remebr the goat shed ? If you crashed there, you were in danger of getting your car chewed, nice.

Oh, and Jimmy, there were taken with my first SLR, a Vivitar V635, so I think you'll find that I was 'the first' person to get into taking 'action shots' :)

Northy
13-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Now thats Old Skool! :)

Spotted Eugene Galley I think!

G

darryl
13-02-2006, 06:31 PM
you can tell its batley cause its wet lol

Oscar
13-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Me and Richard B used to pit in the goat shed if his dad didn't leave us a car.

On the 5th photo it looks like Chalky at the top in the yellow jacket

What year was this Andy?

andys
13-02-2006, 07:44 PM
No idea of the year John.

2 of the lads putting cars on the grid are Miles Foster (his dad used to run the club) and Steve Hutton. I think Dan Sweeby's dad is in one the other photos too.

I've found a few more so i'll bring them along to the next meeting. Iused to knock about with Rich Brogan, Dan Sharp, Caper and Roger, got a few pictures of them too.

losidan
13-02-2006, 10:58 PM
first time i ever came was at the sports centre when the club ran in a room upstairs. Tamiya hotshot was the car to have. Who'd of thought all these years later i'd of got into it

my brother is to blame for lending me his tao3 to have a blast with some years ago

Chris Doughty
14-02-2006, 09:08 AM
that is superb, check out how narrow the track is!!

Oscar
14-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Shilly,
Is the picture your PB mini mustang ?

andys
15-02-2006, 09:51 AM
It is John.

I still have it, although sadly I don't have that 'beautiful' shell anymore !