PDA

View Full Version : Track Plan for Sunday..

njc11
21-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Wot do people think?

The features by marshall points 5 & 6 are using the thick blue mats, so not very high....and will be covered in carpet with wood for the up ramps and just jump off to leave the feature..

Cheers

Nick
:thumbsup:

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/Bury%20Track%2024th%20Feb%202010.jpg

ryanlownie
21-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Yes! That looks really good, I love having the straight at the Bury track but the straight and the nice fast entry and exit off it at each end should be really good!

Definitely pleased to see the huge tabletop, never got a chance to run that at round 1 :(

_sleigh_
21-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I know I'm not racing (no spaces :cry:) but I'd say the corner table top by marshall point 5 may be difficult to see the up/down slopes. This does depend on the height of the table top.

MatJohnson
21-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Could just spin it clockwise 90 deg so the up ramp is on the apex and the down ramp goes onto the straight?

njc11
21-01-2010, 11:52 AM
I know I'm not racing (no spaces :cry:) but I'd say the corner table top by marshall point 5 may be difficult to see the up/down slopes. This does depend on the height of the table top.

Point taken... think we should be ok though as the matts are only 8inches thick... :thumbsup: cheers for the pointer!

Keep an eye on the entry list... you never know! :)

Adam31
21-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Looks great should be good fun for the first time in near 20 years..:D

shanks
21-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Nick

Looks good pal for me the faster n smoother the better - I'd be happy loosing some jumps even.

I'll be there sat to help set up

if we have decided on layout n have drawings then let's get some
organisation as the quicker we set up the more practise we can get in!!

One person directing everyone else as to what to set up where will help
loads

Danny McGee
21-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Nick

I'd be happy loosing some jumps even.

loads

Are you a touring car driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More jumps = better. FACT

Jonesy
21-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Nick,

Looks good to me as long as the white mats aren't used a rumble strip anywhere then it is good by me! :p

Just need to make sure there's enough track markings so the track doesn't move about as much for example coming over the table top by the rostrum, that pipe will get battered!!

rob m
21-01-2010, 03:13 PM
track looks good to me,maybe loose the matt between marshall point 4 and 2,see how it looks first on saturday then things can be changed if need be.see you saturday for set up:)

shanks
21-01-2010, 03:26 PM

No pal just a bad buggy driver that need whatever advantage he can get!!!

IceMike
21-01-2010, 03:33 PM
looks good, just home my cars runnin properly this weekend now

Si Coe
21-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Only one quibble - didn't we move the table top away from the rostrum because people were getting it wrong and barrelling off into those standing nearby? Specifically I recall something about a flying 1/8th!
Ok, so keeping that area clear of unnecessary people will help but at the very least the folks for the next heat need to be there getting ready so its frequently occupied.

Actually wouldn't that track work in reverse - ie tabletop on the back wall, main straight in front of the rostrum. Which is how an outdoors track works.

ryanlownie
21-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Yep, tabletop away from the rostrum is better and have it at the far side. Our nitro track is like this and it works very well.

I remember the 1/8ths misjudging the very close tabletop last time it was used and someones ankles nearly got hurt!

bigred5765
21-01-2010, 04:59 PM
nice track nic love it, table top away from drivers queing for next heat is a good idea,i like that idea of a track we can race on not a obstical course,

T4miy4 Guy
21-01-2010, 05:22 PM
That table top near the rostrum is a bad idea (hard to judge if you are on either side of it, dangerous for people queued up for rostrum , has blind spots for marshals and drivers)

Why has this all of a sudden gone really serious on how the track HAS TO BE SETUP, its worked well previously when we all get there and sort it out! I know these are ideas (i like the track Nick), just seems like everyone has different views on whats right and wrong... hope this doesn`t get all pushy.

Its a club day , lets all just enjoy it!

see you Saturday

PS got all my bits now for the 501 :thumbsup:
Andy

woOdy
21-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Wot do people think?

The features by marshall points 5 & 6 are using the thick blue mats, so not very high....and will be covered in carpet with wood for the up ramps and just jump off to leave the feature..

Cheers

Nick

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/Bury%20Track%2024th%20Feb%202010.jpg

Yes it looks cool but it is too deep. Can only get 4 lanes deep not 5.5. Need to loose a lane. Sorry dood.

woOdy
21-01-2010, 05:27 PM
That table top near the rostrum is a bad idea (hard to judge if you are on either side of it, dangerous for people queued up for rostrum , has blind spots for marshals and drivers)

Why has this all of a sudden gone really serious on how the track HAS TO BE SETUP, its worked well previously when we all get there and sort it out! I know these are ideas (i like the track Nick), just seems like everyone has different views on whats right and wrong... hope this doesn`t get all pushy.

Its a club day , lets all just enjoy it!

see you Saturday

PS got all my bits now for the 501 :thumbsup:
Andy

I am a bit confused also mate? After 3 rounds and all of a sudden the tracks we are building are not good enough. All I have had comented on was the ripples not being on a bend. Thats it.

As we have now a propper comitee I think you should see them about track building?

What do you think Andy and tyson?

bigred5765
21-01-2010, 05:40 PM
tracks have been ace so far and i dont think any complained they werent any good,

rob m
21-01-2010, 05:46 PM
why dont we all just put pen to paper draw up a track we think will be good then on saturday all decide on one then build it,4 lanes wide then woody,nice one.who started all this talk about tracks anyways?:blush:

ben
21-01-2010, 06:07 PM

Too many jumps can lead to an obstacle course.. FACT!

In my opinion there is too many features on the track, cool track layout though!

njc11
21-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Yes it looks cool but it is too deep. Can only get 4 lanes deep not 5.5. Need to loose a lane. Sorry dood.

we'll squeeze it in! :woot:

Use it as a guide and fine tune it!

Start with table top on the far side... but dont put it up against the wall this way at least marshalls can get to it easily..

Have the straight in front of the rostrum.. (we've not done this since we've had the rostrum opposite the firedoors)

Organise a rough layout, decide on the other features.. then finish off..

Tyson
21-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I am a bit confused also mate? After 3 rounds and all of a sudden the tracks we are building are not good enough. All I have had comented on was the ripples not being on a bend. Thats it.

As we have now a propper comitee I think you should see them about track building?

You know me pal, i always go with the flow. I like nick's track, but take on board some of the comments about peoples safety with the table top etc.... WE have a growing 1/8th following and need to be aware that these 4Kg machines can make a mistake . . . or is that the driver:)

If we had the direction of the table top facing away from the main group and gathering area near the points, that might be better . . lets assess the situation on peoples ideas sat..

Track perception is always difficult to judge in 2D much easier to start throwing stuff down with sorta plan...

All ideas bring down to the track 2:30 saturday, if we spend 15 minutes as a group then we will have a belting track as always!!!:thumbsup:

See ya then guys:thumbsup:

njc11
22-01-2010, 10:02 AM

As we have now a propper commitee I think you should see them about track building?

Someone has just brought this to my attention?!?!?

When was this sorted?!?!

Considering all the work ive put in, sorting the indoor venue and carting stuff about and being there to help set up and put away since its inception.. it would have been nice to be asked!!

Who were the original people?? Me, Stu, Roger... The helpers were Bri Roper, Pete Byron, Stu Hurley, Mike Bradbury, Mike Pimlott... sorry if ive missed anyone else but you know who you are..

Its great the club have got lots of active members :thumbsup: the club is going from strength to strength... :thumbsup: im just a tad put out!!

Chrislong
22-01-2010, 10:34 AM
never ceases to be amazed

Jamie B4
22-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Agree with Ben previously,

Too many obstacles - although its offroad - lets have a basic design that really sees who's the fastest (I am only sorry that it's too far for me to come and help). And like phil said make sure we can marshall cars and the drivers can see from all positions

Make sure everything is secure cos these car's can rip up a track in no time!!

Kopite
22-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Considering you have a reserve list for all meetings this year, it would suggest you're doing something right. I doubt you'd be able to please everyone who's going to these meetings, in terms of track design.

I personally wouldn't care how the track was built (unless it was a BRCA National event), i'd just be happy people are volunteering to do so in the first place. You're doing a good job lads, nice one

rob m
22-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I personally wouldn't care how the track was built (unless it was a BRCA National event), i'd just be happy people are volunteering to do so in the first place. You're doing a good job lads, nice one its a fun day,and thats all that should matter.thankyou

rob m
22-01-2010, 11:20 AM
; WE have a growing 1/8th following and need to be aware that these 4Kg machines can make a mistake . . . or is that the driver:)
does this mean yourself with your 1/8th ty ?

woOdy
22-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Considering you have a reserve list for all meetings this year, it would suggest you're doing something right. I doubt you'd be able to please everyone who's going to these meetings, in terms of track design.

I personally wouldn't care how the track was built (unless it was a BRCA National event), i'd just be happy people are volunteering to do so in the first place. You're doing a good job lads, nice one

Thanks mate:wub

T4miy4 Guy
22-01-2010, 12:24 PM
If we had the direction of the table top facing away from the main group and gathering area near the points, that might be better . . lets assess the situation on peoples ideas sat..

Track perception is always difficult to judge in 2D much easier to start throwing stuff down with sorta plan...

All ideas bring down to the track 2:30 saturday, if we spend 15 minutes as a group then we will have a belting track as always!!!:thumbsup:

See ya then guys:thumbsup:

Exactly ;)

Andy

njc11
22-01-2010, 12:28 PM

When was this sorted?!?!

Considering all the work ive put in, sorting the indoor venue and carting stuff about and being there to help set up and put away since its inception.. it would have been nice to be asked!!

Who were the original people?? Me, Stu, Roger... The helpers were Bri Roper, Pete Byron, Stu Hurley, Mike Bradbury, Mike Pimlott... sorry if ive missed anyone else but you know who you are..

Its great the club have got lots of active members :thumbsup: the club is going from strength to strength... :thumbsup: im just a tad put out!!

Anyone?

woOdy
22-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Anyone?

We had a chat with the guys that turned up over the summer series what they wanted to do, they said that they wanted to carry on with what we are doing but they want to help out more. They wanted to be apart of the evry day running of the club and also wanted to be apart of every weekend racing. Setting up the track and packing it away and even learning abit of running the meeting. Yes I know you help alittle finding and helping set up for winter but you do race with us over the summer at all and when there is something else on that clashes with our meeting you race elsewhere. The guys that want to be on the committee dont want to race anywhere else. Not even regionals. Thats why. Sorry if this affends but other people get affended to you know.

The race controller
22-01-2010, 02:02 PM

When was this sorted?!?!

First let me say I appreciate all the organizing and transporting you have done for the Chadderton venue and this is reflected by your free racing. (You may also remember you won a raffle on your first meeting)

Throughout my 26 years (approximately,) of racing, 19 at committee level, I have found no matter how many people turn up for indoor events it does not improve summer attendances. And it is Club member numbers and attendances that local authorities base their worth for the clubs existence. Our club constitution says we are an off road buggy club with facilities OUTSIDE at the Goshen. Even running a National does not increase the numbers turning up on a club day.
The club does not have "lots" of active members. Last year we had 11 plus Stuart and myself. Currently we have 11, Stuart and me with Andy and Tyson as committee members.
Generally a committee is elected from members of the club and voting also by members.
It was at an informal meeting amongst members that Tyson and Andy volunteered.

We run six meetings through the winter but about twenty six through the summer and on average get about a dozen racing outdoors. Computer records show you raced one Regional and one club meeting on 26april at Bury and it’s for this reason you were not considered.

njc11
22-01-2010, 02:54 PM
We had a chat with the guys that turned up over the summer series what they wanted to do, they said that they wanted to carry on with what we are doing but they want to help out more. They wanted to be apart of the evry day running of the club and also wanted to be apart of every weekend racing. Setting up the track and packing it away and even learning abit of running the meeting. Yes I know you help alittle finding and helping set up for winter but you do race with us over the summer at all and when there is something else on that clashes with our meeting you race elsewhere. The guys that want to be on the committee dont want to race anywhere else. Not even regionals. Thats why. Sorry if this affends but other people get affended to you know.

Yes you well know, with the exception of one meeting (worksop which i had pre-paid for, muzzy changed the dates...) in the length of time this indoor series has been running i have been involved with sorting the venue, collecting stuff, carpet etc from Southport, all jumps and taking my time to move stuff to chadderton using the works big van, all in my own time.. im there every sat to help set up (even the sat before the meeting i missed i helped!) im always there to clear away..so to hear " i help a little " well you can imagine what i thought!!

I race when i can at Bury in the summer months, as you will know i do the Mid West regional series as they have more people attending and so run separtate 2wd and 4wd meets rather than together.. and as you also know Mid West has one of the strongest regions with competition. For 2010 im also doing 1/8th Nitro (thanks to Neil Skull @ Kyosho) so will have less time available..

First let me say I appreciate all the organizing and transporting you have done for the Chadderton venue and this is reflected by your free racing. (You may also remember you won a raffle on your first meeting)

Throughout my 26 years (approximately,) of racing, 19 at committee level, I have found no matter how many people turn up for indoor events it does not improve summer attendances. And it is Club member numbers and attendances that local authorities base their worth for the clubs existence. Our club constitution says we are an off road buggy club with facilities OUTSIDE at the Goshen. Even running a National does not increase the numbers turning up on a club day.
The club does not have "lots" of active members. Last year we had 11 plus Stuart and myself. Currently we have 11, Stuart and me with Andy and Tyson as committee members.
Generally a committee is elected from members of the club and voting also by members.
It was at an informal meeting amongst members that Tyson and Andy volunteered.

We run six meetings through the winter but about twenty six through the summer and on average get about a dozen racing outdoors. Computer records show you raced one Regional and one club meeting on 26april at Bury and it’s for this reason you were not considered.

Roger… I appreciate your words.. and see where you are coming from.. but i hope you understand where i was coming from.. ( I started to call you but had to go as i got a shop full of people walk in!)

I appreciate what you say about numbers not turning out for the outdoor events.. Surely this can rectified with the club pushing itself forward and becoming more active?

Anyway see you tomorrow..

Cheers

Nick

The race controller
22-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Racing one eighth......... No time for Bury then.

woOdy
22-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Yes you well know, with the exception of one meeting (worksop which i had pre-paid for, muzzy changed the dates...) in the length of time this indoor series has been running i have been involved with sorting the venue, collecting stuff, carpet etc from Southport, all jumps and taking my time to move stuff to chadderton using the works big van, all in my own time.. im there every sat to help set up (even the sat before the meeting i missed i helped!) im always there to clear away..so to hear " i help a little " well you can imagine what i thought!!

I race when i can at Bury in the summer months, as you will know i do the Mid West regional series as they have more people attending and so run separtate 2wd and 4wd meets rather than together.. and as you also know Mid West has one of the strongest regions with competition. For 2010 im also doing 1/8th Nitro (thanks to Neil Skull @ Kyosho) so will have less time available..

Roger… I appreciate your words.. and see where you are coming from.. but i hope you understand where i was coming from.. ( I started to call you but had to go as i got a shop full of people walk in!)

I appreciate what you say about numbers not turning out for the outdoor events.. Surely this can rectified with the club pushing itself forward and becoming more active?

Anyway see you tomorrow..

Cheers

Nick

Why on earth have started this if you are not even going to race at the club in 2010?
This is how people get pisted off and stop doing things for the club. If you want to do then please take over then you can look after it all.

njc11
22-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Why on earth have started this if you are not even going to race at the club in 2010?
This is how people get pisted off and stop doing things for the club. If you want to do then please take over then you can look after it all.

" i help a little "

Ive not said i wont race at Bury? I will get there when i can..

This is how people get pisted off and stop doing things for the club

Is this so!?!? well it aint stopped me yet! :woot: lol!

I'll be helping out as usual tomorrow on set up so see everyone there...

shanks
22-01-2010, 03:33 PM
We all have the same interest at heart

playing with toy cars!

All parties appreciate each others efforts I'm sure

remember it's very dangerous to form opinion from words alone - so easy to construe them different from how they were intended (especially when we r all pissed off at work etc)

opinions r formed so easily and often r not fact (something I have learned today nearly at the cost of a very good friendship - no thats not a dig)

looking foward to tomorrow with bells on - see you all there

woOdy
22-01-2010, 03:52 PM
" i help a little "

Ive not said i wont race at Bury? I will get there when i can..

Is this so!?!? well it aint stopped me yet! :woot: lol!

I'll be helping out as usual tomorrow on set up so see everyone there...

So why have you made this into what it isnt? Right now I dont want you to come. Sorry but thats how I feel. I have been involved with this club for too many years now and for you to tell me that you feel pisted about not being on the comitte then turn around and say you wont be even coming this year as u r doing 8th aswell.
Cant believe u r making me feel like I dont want to even come this weekend! What would u do then?
End of descution for me.

njc11
22-01-2010, 04:21 PM
So why have you made this into what it isnt? Right now I dont want you to come. Sorry but thats how I feel. I have been involved with this club for too many years now and for you to tell me that you feel pisted about not being on the comitte then turn around and say you wont be even coming this year as u r doing 8th aswell.
Cant believe u r making me feel like I dont want to even come this weekend! What would u do then?
End of descution for me.

My initial reaction was based on no recognition for helping out what so ever from you which disapointed me (which to me would have meant a call, " we're sorting a committie would you like to be on it" i would have probably declined anyway with not being able to commit week in week out over the summer)... and the fact you put " help a little " really wound me up!! If you were me im sure you would have really appreciated the thought etc of being asked to be a committie member?

You know come winter series im always a reliable helper for the series at Chadderton and always will be..

Come summer time... I WILL race at Bury when i can.. ive not said i wont anywhere... I like to race at different places as im sure others do.. as im doing 10th electric and giving 1/8th ago aswell, might make the chance of me turning up a little less.. but where i can i will be there! and will help etc also..

I'll see you tomorrow.. lets build our best track... and £10 i'll kick your ass! :p

Si Coe
22-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Can I just point out that as one of the eleven I don't actually recall ever being asked? Not that I mind as I would have probably suggested Tyson anyway but I'd have never agreed to Andy :p. I'm more wondering how you managed an informal meeting of members without my knowing about it!

The current club has kind of formed a good core group over the last 7-8 months and I know of 3-4 more potential members we've been 'courting' on here so I'm hoping we can look at 15 or so regulars over the summer. That group is the Bury club now, regardless of previous history as they are the ones who make it happen.

budfish
22-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Can I just point out that as one of the eleven I don't actually recall ever being asked? Not that I mind as I would have probably suggested Tyson anyway but I'd have never agreed to Andy :p. I'm more wondering how you managed an informal meeting of members without my knowing about it!

The current club has kind of formed a good core group over the last 7-8 months and I know of 3-4 more potential members we've been 'courting' on here so I'm hoping we can look at 15 or so regulars over the summer. That group is the Bury club now, regardless of previous history as they are the ones who make it happen.

I am happy with the committy members I don't recall having a informal chat about everything. It is quite clear roger and stu have made the decision between themselves but I think they made the right choice. Both andy and Tyson will have the best intrests of the club at the forefront of any decisions they make. But I totaly see why nick is pi::ed off I thought he was on the commity.

Buds

rob m
22-01-2010, 05:42 PM
i think i remember the meeting,it was a hot summers afternoon just before the finals all 11 of us talked about it.roger must of got sun stroke or summat to have andy on committie:D:p

Tyson
22-01-2010, 05:51 PM
We all have the same interest at heart

playing with toy cars!

All parties appreciate each others efforts I'm sure

remember it's very dangerous to form opinion from words alone - so easy to construe them different from how they were intended (especially when we r all pissed off at work etc)

opinions r formed so easily and often r not fact (something I have learned today nearly at the cost of a very good friendship - no thats not a dig)

looking foward to tomorrow with bells on - see you all there

As above, can we not chill and meet tomoz usual time and place.

Please dont take offence to the Commitee members nick, Me and Andy just like cutting grass and pulling weeds up. We offered over the summer to save Roger killing himself, just a nice title for 2 groundsmen defo not trying to tread on toes cause i have not a clue about track design!

rob m
22-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Me and Andy just like cutting grass and pulling weeds up.ah-hemm coff-coff,have you read this mark?:woot: drawn a track that i think most will like,may be a little fast or simple but il bring it saturday to show you guys.anybody else done one?