PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 of the Championships...

bedsrcmcc
22-01-2010, 11:00 PM
WOW what a night. 35 cars on track, another record for the club. :thumbsup:

However this number of cars was also a wake up call for many :cry:

Until now we've been small enough to run a fairly relaxed evenings racing. I think after tonight we are going to have to start being a little more controlled. Don't get me wrong, the racing was great, even if my car was a little tail-end happy tonight. There was some great racing and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks of the Championships.

I'm not quite sure if the staggered marshalling idea worked, even I was a little confused as to which heat was marshalling and which was racing! I think next week we shall revert to the old system. With 2 mins between the heats that is more than enough time to get your car off the track, back to the pits and back out to marshall.

I shall also be working out when we MUST start racing to ensure we do not go over our 10pm booking so that will require several things...

1) I ask every week, but I really would like it if you can all pre-book online, in fact we are now getting to a stage that we might have to start restricting numbers so the sooner you are booked in the better.

2) We would like all the adults to work on getting the track ready. It took over 30mins tonight and it should be done in 15 or less. Can I ask that the younger members leave the track layout to the adults and we must have the perimeter in place first before the inner sections are done. That way I can have the iLapRC system setup and ready to go ASAP.

3) With regards to booking in, it should get a little easier as the weeks progress, its just that we have so many new members joining right now that a lot of time is taken getting their details onto the system. If you can bring the exact amount in change that would make our lives so much better as we can book in a lot quicker. Prices are on the web site but you should all know by now how much I'm going to be asking from you.

Also, some of the driving was questionable tonight, I've been soft on most of you this week, but as from next week it will be zero tolerance on bad driving :blush: You have been warned :blush: :blush: To be honest I say it until I'm blue in the face, there really is no need for the bad driving. Just slow down a little and you'll see that your times will improve. It's a fact that the fewer crashes you have the more laps you do.

As for those who keep corner cutting, we will soon be upgrading the track markers and believe me, if you keep hitting the edge like some of you do now, you car WILL break! :cry: Please start to drive with more care, for your sake and for the pleasure of the other drivers on the track.

Some of the marshalling was very poor tonight too. We will have to introduce marhall points again from next week so we can clearly see where drivers should be. If you miss your slot or are unable to get a replacement marhsall then you WILL loose points in the championships.

Also, when you do marshall, you are not there to watch the race or chat to other drivers. You are there to focus on your portion of the track so that if a car goes off you know which side of the track it should have been put back on.

:D OK moan over :D

All in all a great night, but I think we can all improve the show by working together and it will only get better. I can't wait to get the nod on building the outdoor track, just imagine the numbers racing then...

Smartalec
23-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks for an excellent nights fun on the slippy stuff. Friendly bunch of enthusiastic drivers takes me back a bit :thumbsup:

Without the jumps the good old Shark laps as quickly as the tourers, a bit quicker without the traffic I think LOL.

Would recommend a trip on a Friday for some fast and furious fun :thumbsup:

bedsrcmcc
23-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Race results have been published now here:

http://www.bedsrcmcc.co.uk/championship-r1-220110.php

I'll have the points tables sorted over the weekend and published in due course.