PDA

View Full Version : Help a nOOb please!! TA05ifs problem

mc_mclovin
24-01-2010, 11:07 PM
hi ppl,

Have just finished building my ta05ifs (totally stock) and everything seemed to be fine, until i added the electrics...

now the problem i have is the rear wheels dont turn!! all the drivetrain is running fine, both belt going as they should...and the front wheels seem to be fine, turning as expected....but the rear wheels simply dont turn! i can spin them and they then start turning, but as soon as any pressure is applied (even the tiniest bit) they stop turning! the belts still move as i expected, as to the front wheels!

So please ppl....HELP!!

DCM
24-01-2010, 11:11 PM
rear diff is to loose by the sounds.

mc_mclovin
24-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Cheers mate, your a star!!

I properly took my time with the build to, so was gutted to find it hadnt gone as expected!! will try tightening them up tomoro!

DCM
24-01-2010, 11:24 PM
best thing to do, if your not completely sure, is to pop it back out (shock tops off, camber links off, four screws out, and pull out diff), pull it apart, and rebuild it, tighten it out of the car and fit it.

To set diff, follow procedure as below.

1: hold both rear wheels still
2: try to rotate the spur gear
a: if spur gear turns, tighten diff screw by 1/4 of a turn, re-try.
3: once set, do for other axle
4: put electrics in, use about 1/8th of throttle and hold each wheel still, for 10 seconds.
5: re-check diffs, as above

Car should be track ready

mc_mclovin
24-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks!

Shall try that tomoro after work!

Just one more question....and one that shows off my total noobness....by spur gear, you mean the one situated in the middle of the car?

DCM
24-01-2010, 11:40 PM
indeed I do :woot: