PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

philly
27-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I've just been re-oiling my shocks for the xxx-cr and they seem spongy and they bounce back on their own. Just want to check I'm doing this right,
1. Open, empty and clean the shock.
2. Place body in a stand and fill with oil!
3. Place shaft on top of oil and leave it till it 'falls' down under its own weight.
4. Making sure there is no air (i.e an excess of oil is escapng from the cap) tighten the shock up.

I think that's right but when I pull out the shaft (oo-er missus) it pulls back in on its own. Should it? Is there a way to stop it? Any ideas?:wtf: :confused:

philly
28-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Anyone?

tonymon
28-05-2007, 08:46 AM
the only thing i can think of is that it is doing something which i actually got off gran turismo, damper reload. you may have too much oil in there, so it pushs back on its own. just bleed them a little and itll be fine.

if im wrong, dont blame me, blame the game!!!! but who dares blame that game, its awesome!!!

ashleyb4
28-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Sounds like you have put a bit to much oil in them loosen the seal plug thingy!!! (Its early) about 1 turn then slwoyl puch the piston down then back up again this will get rid of the excess oil then re tighten and see if its better if not redo it again.

A

_sleigh_
28-05-2007, 10:43 AM
The way I do my shocks is...

1.. Empty and clean the shock body, piston, and cartridge area.
2.. Fill the shock body to the bottom of the internal threads.
3.. With the shock shaft fully "out", insert the cartridge system in the body and tighten "finger tight".
4.. Oil will be released as you do the above.
5.. Clean the excess oil.
6.. Loosen the cart. about half a turn
7.. SLOWLY!!! push the shock shaft in all the way. Oil and air is released
8.. With the shock shaft still in, tighten the cart. fully!!!
9.. Clean the excess oil again.
10. Re-assemble the shock.

Do all the above steps with the shock held, with the shaft pointing up.

It's not the way everyone does their Losi shocks, but it works for me. ;)