PDA

View Full Version : First outing with ZX-5

Icey101
19-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Besides few slow laps around living room finally got my ZX-5 to track today for first race of season. Well lap 1.5 of practicing I snapped rear hinge pin brace, tore off left corner of chassis, and stripped out screw hole gear box where screw for hinge brace goes in. I have spares for everything but dang chassis. Oh well two weeks and I try again.

Icey101
28-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Well day2 of trying to drive my ZX-5. I changed out the chassis, installed aluminum hinge pin brace on the rear, aluminum rear hubs and put 35wt oil in the shocks.

I hit the first set of doubles at the track way to fast, hit the throttle. Car rotated instantly, and land directly on the rear shock tower/wing from about 4 feet. Broken shock tower mount and sheared off the top of both rear shocks.

I really can not blame anything on the car just on a bad driver. I currently have a 11x2 in the car, yet I am still relearning to drive a stock motored B4. In the next day or two off the the store to get a 19x1 and see if I can acutally get the car around the track a few times.