PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic clutch failure

bodgit
01-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Drove my lads mr2 turbo back from cardiff wednesday no problems. Today was going for its mot started up first time then clutch pedal straight to the floor and wont come back up on its own, cant select any gear. I have topped up the resevoir which was very low and tried to pump it up but no luck any Ideas before the b/d lorry comes to take me to the garage. The clutch is brand new.

mark christopher
01-02-2010, 10:29 AM
my guess would be if its had a new clutch and you have topped the fliud back up, thay have caused a leak at the slave cylinder, ( split seal or the slave has gone) case of rebleed and check for leaks

bodgit
01-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Too Ltae truck is here thanks anyway

mark christopher
01-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Too Ltae truck is here thanks anyway
sorry i did reply all of 2 mins after your post....

Ill make a mental note to post answer before the question is asked!! :p

Welshy40
01-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Hehehe I had the same happen to me in the blackwall tunnel in London on xmas eve. Pedal snapped in half and ruined the box unit and something else as well. Cost me £780 to fix including labour. Gutted.

gaza121
01-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Could it be the clutch fork itself that has punctured on the rod, had this happen to me on my landy, still managed to drive it home with no clutch and using the revs to change gear!!!

Brooks
01-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Same thing happened to us mate with Defender, one minture it was fine then we had no clutch, took the engine out and the Clutch fork had snapped where the the rod meets the Clutch cup.

Fitted the Britpart heavy duty clutch fork, no more problems :thumbsup:

We love Land Rover Defenders

bodgit
01-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Sorry chaps I was told b/d truck would be an hour, so I made a cup of tea, sat down to make this thread and he was here. He was in the area when he got the call,so I got the fastest b/d truck in the world.
The car has been taken away to my choice of garage which I trust so hopefully it wont be too expensive to fix. My lads restoring it and he,s in for £7k at the moment, a lot but it does drive sweet.

bodgit
02-02-2010, 10:45 AM
my guess would be if its had a new clutch and you have topped the fliud back up, thay have caused a leak at the slave cylinder, ( split seal or the slave has gone) case of rebleed and check for leaks

Spot on sir, the slave cylinder has gone.