PDA

View Full Version : 2wd stearing servo torque

Battle_axe
04-02-2010, 01:03 AM
what do people recomend as i have a heli tail servo at home that will do 0.04s travel times but it is only rated at 4.8KG will this work as i want something to embarraa the savox guys :P

Kifogrande
04-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Why would you need a servo that fast?

Battle_axe
04-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Why would you need a servo that fast?
its out of my helli as it controls the pich of the tail rotor blades it needs to be fast to stop me putting it in a tree when flying it :P as it it sat in a box though i want to put it to use so is 4.8KG enough

Kifogrande
04-02-2010, 01:29 AM
I meant in your car! Why would you need something that fast in your car!?! Im sure theres people whose opinion on the torque is far more informed than mine but I dont see why 5kg wouldnt be enough for 2wd

Battle_axe
04-02-2010, 01:38 AM
I meant in your car! Why would you need something that fast in your car!?! Im sure theres people whose opinion on the torque is far more informed than mine but I dont see why 5kg wouldnt be enough for 2wd

i dont but with a broken case on my ko and the only other servo a acoms :( in goes this one i think and i will win the servo race on the line :P

Kifogrande
04-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Haha! No kidding!

On dirt though I cant see the car generating enough grip to out torque the servo, should be fine!

Battle_axe
04-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Haha! No kidding!

On dirt though I cant see the car generating enough grip to out torque the servo, should be fine!

i will wack it in then if i can get a shock tower for the 4wd in time :)

Kifogrande
04-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Fribbers might have a shock tower, hes got everything!

racingdwarf
04-02-2010, 02:46 AM
The tail servo has prob only got a very week set of plastic gears:woot:,as it's not designed to take any bashing about,It's fast so that it can react from the input from the gyro....very fast small adjustments thus the 0.04. But the first thing you clip will strip them clean off.
I may be wrong, but most flight stuff is made feather light, for obvious reasons, I think this is also one of the reasons flight stuff is so much cheeper than car stuff

BUT if it does work...I'm having the tail servo out of my Trex500:D:eh?:

j.m.
04-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Actually, quite on the contrary a lot of helis use metal gears as well as a lot of gliders. This is for more precision from the gearset (less slop) and more crash resistance.

Crash resistance is especially important on helis.

Si Coe
04-02-2010, 06:18 AM
Well personally I'd prefer something a little more powerful even in a 2wd. It might be fast under no load, but if its not that powerful its going to be a lot slower in the car so you might not find its Savox beatingly quick.

However, its more powerful than a standard Acoms (3.2kg) so if its a choice between the two I'd certainly go for it!

AmiSMB
04-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Fribbers might have a shock tower, hes got everything!

LOSA2205 nope sorry have let you down as I have not got one of those :(

AmiSMB
04-02-2010, 09:41 AM
its out of my helli as it controls the pich of the tail rotor blades it needs to be fast to stop me putting it in a tree when flying it :P as it it sat in a box though i want to put it to use so is 4.8KG enough

He needs a servo that fast so he can turn fast enough at then end of the straight to avoid the roller door :lol: The torque in the servo should be fine but the speed may be overwhelming without some taming from the transmitter assuming you are using something more than a TechniPlus or Attack R

Battle_axe
04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
ahh grant your rubbish :P
i will break out some GRP sheet and the dremel :) and yes anything to stop me hitting the damm door its so much more humilating to hit that than the wall