PDA

View Full Version : B44 Steering

Jamie B4
07-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Help please:

Quick question for the top guys of the B44 world, with regards to the steering is the servo arm off centre or meant to be straight, have found that on my tranny the steering lock is set on 100 for oneside but only 80 on the other side so think I have not got equal lock. A friend thinks this is not quite right. Also is the saver fully locked up like the B4

Thanks J

Jamie B4
08-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Is there no one out there - had another look at manual and it is not clear

TonyM
08-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Just checked both my B44's and the arm is dead straight on one and between 12 o'clock and 1 o'clock on the other. I think the difference between the two is because the distance between ball cup ends on the servo link are slightly different on both cars. 8mm on the dead straight car and 9mm on the other.

Jamie B4
08-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks Tony

8mm you say will check tonight and hopefully sort - I thought that the servo arm were always off centre slightly but will check tonight

TonyM
08-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Yep, unlike the B4 manual which states you set the link gap to 1mm I don't see any recommendation for the B44. I presume, like me, others have just guessed at how far to screw the link thread into the ball cups, resulting in different horn angles with the wheels dead centre. I'll be interested to know what gap you have set.

Also, I would be interested in others answering the second part to your question about glueing the servo saver. Mine isn't glued at the moment, but having just glued my X6 saver with good good results I was considering whether to do the same for the B44.

Jamie B4
08-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Tony havent glued mine either as think its better than the B4 design, but think in the manual says to leave a 2mm gap/adjustment but think this gives a bit of slack so yesterday tightened mine and made the steering more responsive. Easy to check turn the steering and see if it pushes against you or gives

J

MarkWesterfield
08-02-2010, 03:25 PM
For the car to steer consistently from left to right, make sure your steering rack is dead center. Then make sure the little servo link turnbuckle when connected, is at a 90 degree angle to the servo horn.

Different servos and small spaces between the servo and mounts make each installation different.