PDA

View Full Version : Savox Servo

Shaun_23286
07-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I put a brand new Savox servo in my Cyber 10 today and gave it a little run up the track at worksop (nothing big, no jumps) and i didn't even do 2 laps before the servo decided it wanted to strip some teeth from the gears inside :cry: Has anybody else experienced this problem as i was advised that they are normally VERY good servo's.

bert digler
07-02-2010, 08:00 PM
I put a brand new Savox servo in my Cyber 10 today and gave it a little run up the track at worksop (nothing big, no jumps) and i didn't even do 2 laps before the servo decided it wanted to strip some teeth from the gears inside :cry: Has anybody else experienced this problem as i was advised that they are normally VERY good servo's.

ring cml mate sounds like duff gear otherwise take it back to shop with receipt ask for your moneyback or replaced:thumbsup:

Big G
07-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I had the £26 one in my SC10 being totally abused and it's never failed. The truck even snapped its chassis during some jumping and the servo never hinted at failing.

MRD
07-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Depends what Savox servo it is. The cheaper SC0252 has some plastic gears. Its the £50+ versions which are pretty much bomb proof.

wacattack
07-02-2010, 08:36 PM
i recently got a new savox and it was broken out of the box. MB models had to replace it with a brand new one

Shaun_23286
07-02-2010, 08:50 PM
well i got mine from Apex Models and its's not the top of the line metal gear servo's, it is plastic gearing :( but still, surely it should'nt have done this after just 2 gentle laps, it was literally just on the flat no jumps no high speeds. It was basically just making sure everything worked as i have only put all the electrics in it today.

Think i will give Apex a ring and see what they can do, maybe its worth putting a little too it and calling the deffierence for the better metal geared servo, just like you suggested :thumbsup:

Beanie
07-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Where the EPA's set right? Too far and maybe it was stressing the servo/gears?

Neil Skull
07-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Most new servo failures are due to the endpoints not being set correctly.
Did you check this when you installed it?

telboy
07-02-2010, 09:57 PM
I set the endpoints for him. :) they were miles from being stressed. I did jump it a few times, but nowt abusive as such. I've had placky geared servos last longer than this one. :woot: Should last longer than a few mins gentle running.
Certainly worth checking with shop.

steelie600
07-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Personally id never ever use a plastic geared servo in anything as your only asking for trouble. the £28 savox range are very good but the £60ers are bullet proof!!

Shaun_23286
07-02-2010, 10:31 PM
When your on a budget though you have to settle for the cheaper servo. Im only just getting back into racing and had to buy ALL new stuff (apart from the buggy) and i told my girlfriend racing is not that expensive :woot: