PDA

View Full Version : New Ansmann Blizzard and X4Pro

sparrow.2
08-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Ansmann is going serious 4wd ;) Pictures lifted from http://www.team-olisjahai.de/international-toy-fair-nuernberg.html

http://www.team-olisjahai.de/uploads/images/Gallery/Messe%20Nuernberg%202010/DSCF0826.JPG

http://www.team-olisjahai.de/uploads/images/Gallery/Messe%20Nuernberg%202010/DSCF0827.JPG

budgio
08-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Nice :D

DCM
08-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Great, as long as they can develop the car!!

kaylon
08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Now that looks very nice... looks like I now know what 4x4 I'll be getting for the summer :D

K

bert digler
09-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Now that looks very nice... looks like I now know what 4x4 I'll be getting for the summer :D

K

be even better if you can get parts or just buy it from team c and cut out the middleman:thumbsup:

Chris_Clark
09-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Team c?

bert digler
09-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Team c?

the manufacturer of the car:thumbsup:
team c tco4

Battle_axe
11-02-2010, 01:11 PM
is it mee or are allot of the parts on them off the 2wd? like wishbones and shock towers?

kaylon
11-02-2010, 02:51 PM
is it mee or are allot of the parts on them off the 2wd? like wishbones and shock towers?

I think You are right...true to form Team C seem to be making some good design choices here. Hopefully means shared spares and parts which means cheaper running costs. It's a great idea that many companies use. I think the AE B4 and B44 share some common parts also like shocks, suspension arms and probably turnbuckles etc.

K

Battle_axe
11-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I think You are right...true to form Team C seem to be making some good design choices here. Hopefully means shared spares and parts which means cheaper running costs. It's a great idea that many companies use. I think the AE B4 and B44 share some common parts also like shocks, suspension arms and probably turnbuckles etc.

K

this if its true will make it a very interesting choice for me i may even sell my beloved losi to get this if i can use xpro spares with it

Chrislong
11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Chocolate fireguard, handbreak on a kayak.

ConceptRacing
11-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I have ordered one for the shop to run over the summer, due dates will be around march time maybe sooner, hopefully retailing around the 150 to 160 range.

Battle_axe
11-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Chocolate fireguard, handbreak on a kayak.
Chris get off the crack

Chrislong
11-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Chris get of the crack

:thumbsup::woot:

bigred5765
11-02-2010, 04:22 PM
looks like the yokomo to me

vapor1
12-02-2010, 08:35 AM
OK guys, look Ansmann were a little slow in getting the hop-ups to the public, but Ansmann Have and Do support all the cars, some of the hop-up parts are not manufactured in china and are of european manufacture, this ensures that the parts are of better quality than that from the far east.
Some of the blame could be passed to some shops for not stocking the parts that is not down to Ansmann.
All hop-ups are available from Ansmann via your local shop .
The new 4 Wheel drive car X4 Pro will be available A pril/May time, Ansmann Racing UK will also be looking for drivers to sponsor for the racing 2010 season.

Battle_axe
12-02-2010, 12:26 PM
OK guys, look Ansmann were a little slow in getting the hop-ups to the public, but Ansmann Have and Do support all the cars, some of the hop-up parts are not manufactured in china and are of european manufacture, this ensures that the parts are of better quality than that from the far east.
Some of the blame could be passed to some shops for not stocking the parts that is not down to Ansmann.
The new 4 Wheel drive car X4 Pro will be available A pril/May time, Ansmann Racing UK will also be looking for drivers to sponsor for the racing 2010 season.
how will the sponsered drivers be found?

vapor1
12-02-2010, 12:57 PM
With regards to Ansmann Sponsered Drives for both X-Pro 2 WD and the new 4X-Pro 4WD cars, if you have a proven race record and can be refered by a Model shop and you have a Race CV with all your details please send to datherton@ansmann.co.uk. these will be evaluated and Ansmann will contact you in due corse.

Robbiejuk
12-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I have ordered one for the shop to run over the summer, due dates will be around march time maybe sooner, hopefully retailing around the 150 to 160 range.

Is that for the pro version or the cheap one?

vapor1
12-02-2010, 01:40 PM
the pro

mark christopher
24-02-2010, 07:53 PM

hmm i agree with chris, both my local shops have stopped stocking em due to to many returns and the quality, or lack of it!

Saabu
07-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Blizzard is same as Cyclone D4 but plastic :O

Mad-Wolfie
07-03-2010, 11:03 PM
With regards to Ansmann Sponsered Drives for both X-Pro 2 WD and the new 4X-Pro 4WD cars, if you have a proven race record and can be refered by a Model shop and you have a Race CV with all your details please send to datherton@ansmann.co.uk. these will be evaluated and Ansmann will contact you in due corse.

Slighly off-topic reply on my part, so apologies, but i have to ask, does that go for any drivers? (i currently mostly race touring cars & 12th - even run an ARE-1 at club level on occasion & have done a little bit of off-road in the past if that helps), if so i'd like to put myself forward should Ansmann ever need touring car drivers - bearing in mind that the Mad-rat off-roaders are doing so well currently in the market, i suppose it won't be long until they put as much effort into electric tourers & release a decent one that can mix it at the big events with the Cyclone's & TC5's etc rather than being stuck in the TT-01 bracket.

j.m.
09-03-2010, 12:39 AM
You can buy here:
http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=509&category_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71

Jon

Chris56
02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Just ordered my X4 pro. Can't wait for it to arrive:D:woot::thumbsup::drool:

Dave Dodd
02-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Just ordered my X4 pro. Can't wait for it to arrive:D:woot::thumbsup::drool:

Niether can i. will be good to have a look at when it comes in :thumbsup:

Chris56
02-05-2010, 09:37 PM
you can build it if you want:p

Dave Dodd
02-05-2010, 09:41 PM
you can build it if you want:p dont say that, cos i would...:lol::D:woot::lol:

Chris56
02-05-2010, 09:43 PM
dont say that, cos i would...:lol::D:woot::lol:
Have Ansmann given anymore infor when they are going to start dispatching them?

Dave Dodd
02-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Have Ansmann given anymore infor when they are going to start dispatching them?

I will give them a call on tuesday and find out for you. :D

Battle_axe
02-05-2010, 09:56 PM
I will give them a call on tuesday and find out for you. :D
i cannot get hold of one as a sponsored driver as i understand they haven't received a production sample from team c as of yet so it could be a while :thumbdown:

Chris56
02-05-2010, 10:08 PM
i cannot get hold of one as a sponsored driver as i understand they haven't received a production sample from team c as of yet so it could be a while :thumbdown:

I dare say a huge cloud of Ash has something to do with this:thumbdown:

Chrislong
02-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I hear the Blizzard Pro is actually short for Pro-Laps? I could be wrong. it might have been Pro-Blem.... I could have imagined it.:blush:

Chris56
03-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Some video footage of testing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3TPQhcWs8
Looks pretty good to me:thumbsup:

zagonielod
03-05-2010, 01:33 PM
!sorry for being off topic!
Does anybody know, what is the equal number for a medium(600) Tamiya Damper Oil? It is the blue one. I got one and don't know how thick it is. Seems to be pretty thick

zagonielod
03-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Ok. I got this. Maybe it will be helpful for others too
(sorry for not being 100% complete but I had to cut it out from a PDF )

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8306/capturegd.jpg (http://yfrog.com/e0capturegdj)

Dave Dodd
03-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Some video footage of testing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3TPQhcWs8
Looks pretty good to me:thumbsup:

looks good :thumbsup: especially the drifting into the 1st corner :woot:

although its not listed on the team c website..:(

zagonielod
03-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Very nice Chris! :) I also like the white body :)
I'm plannig do pain my body once it gets a bit older.
What motor does that it have on the video?
Another off topic question (forgive me theese plz ): how should I calculate those gear ratios, when for an engine is reccomended 1:9.0 for a buggy....:confused:

Chris56
03-05-2010, 07:11 PM
although its not listed on the team c website..:(
http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=509&category_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71&vmcchk=1&Itemid=71

Looks like Carbon shock towers are also available:thumbsup:

Chris56
03-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Very nice Chris! :) I also like the white body :)
I'm plannig do pain my body once it gets a bit older.
What motor does that it have on the video?
Another off topic question (forgive me theese plz ): how should I calculate those gear ratios, when for an engine is reccomended 1:9.0 for a buggy....:confused:

Cheers. Not sure on the motor, probably a 6.5/8.5?

To calculate the gear ratio you do:
final drive ratio = (spur/pinion) x internal drive ratio

The gear ratio you use depends on both the motor (make and turns) and the track you will be racing on. If you use a Losi Xcelorin then an 8.5 will be would for a FDR of 9.0. If you use a faster motor you will need and smaller pinion and for a slower motor you could increase the pinion.

budgio
03-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Looks like there will also be a Blizzard pro (TRO4 PRO)
http://www.teamcracing.net/index_product_view.php?did=165691&didpath=/165691&page=1&imgid=616773
Big bore shocks look good too

http://www.teamcracing.net/index_topic.php?did=161306&didpath=/161306

JBL
03-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I have found these for sale in the UK!

http://www.autocareandcycles.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=274

http://www.autocareandcycles.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=276

Dave Dodd
04-05-2010, 09:10 AM
just been in touch with Ansmann Racing and they said that they are expecting them in, in 3 - 4 weeks :thumbsup:

Chris - a bit late for Eastrax me thinks :( but gives you chance to set it up for Broxtowe in july :)

Chris56
04-05-2010, 04:43 PM
just been in touch with Ansmann Racing and they said that they are expecting them in, in 3 - 4 weeks :thumbsup:

Chris - a bit late for Eastrax me thinks :( but gives you chance to set it up for Broxtowe in july :)

Thats quicker than I was expecting. Missing Eastrax isn't a problem since I am at a mate's wedding that day.

Bring on Broxtowe and Leverton:woot:

Dave Dodd
08-05-2010, 08:09 PM
I have pre-ordered a X4 Pro kit and a Blizzard Pro kit hopefully should have them for the end of the month. :D
The Blizzard pro is for me as it takes stick packs, im not forking out for more batteries :(:lol:.
then it'll get thrash tested :lol: :thumbsup: By the Killer :lol: :woot:
Then it be at the Broxtowe 4wd regional. :thumbsup: cant wait.........

ps. anyone from Ansmann Racing reading this, A banner might be nice ;)
:thumbsup:

pps.. yes i know i will prob get a telling off from admin.. :rolleyes:

kaylon
11-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Any new info on dates yet? ... I'm still interested in trying the X4 Pro.

J

nicefrog
11-05-2010, 04:03 PM
A few people have them already from tcmodels but I haven't seen any build threads or anything like that yet

Chris56
11-05-2010, 04:13 PM
The Blizzard pro is for me as it takes stick packs, im not forking out for more batteries :(:lol:.
then it'll get thrash tested :lol: :thumbsup: By the Killer :lol: :woot:
Then it be at the Broxtowe 4wd regional. :thumbsup: cant wait.........

Will the aluminium shocks from you old XXX fit?

Dave Dodd
11-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Will the aluminium shocks from you old XXX fit? the ones that keep blowing seals :lol: :( will try them after another rebuild (assoc b4 shocks)

Chris56
11-05-2010, 04:31 PM
the ones that keep blowing seals :lol: :( will try them after another rebuild (assoc b4 shocks)

I've already been in touch with Customblitz re a spray job. This is no defect to team OCD but am getting it the same as my Losi:woot:

kaylon
11-05-2010, 06:36 PM
A few people have them already from tcmodels but I haven't seen any build threads or anything like that yet

I'm worried about ordering parts or kits from Team C as they are of course in the USA and so I assume are using imperial screws and fittings. All my tools are metric as are Ansmann X-Pro's etc...dont wanna get a new set of tools hehe.

If I'm wrong about the Imperial sizes please correct me :) and if Team C cars are metric I would order one almost right away :)

J

nicefrog
11-05-2010, 06:57 PM
The Team C car is metric. Hobbypro/Team C (in hong kong) make them. Team C USA is the official distributor in the states, I was talking about the actual Team C in HK. But since those two are the actual maker and the official distributor, they have the exact same box and car. The Ansmann cars have a few colour changers/stickers whatever since they are kinda a reseller rather than a distributor but it's also the same car.

Anyway, if you get it direct from tcmodels which seems to be the online outlet for the factory in hong kong. It seems the only way to get one right now. I've bought stuff from them, They send ems and you will have in it like 3-4 days after it's posted (might take a couple days to post it) I think once it's posted etc it'll end up slightly more expensive than buying one from Ansmann in a few weeks in the UK (maybe 10 pounds?) (do you guys have to pay import tax ?) here in Australia we don't unless it's over $1000 which is a good thing.

There's the pre assembled plastic shock budget version

http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=491&category_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71

And race spec Kit version

http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=509&category_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71

If you don't want to run saddle batteries you need the budget version and then upgrade it, or just wait till later on with the pro kit and buy the other chassis

Dave Dodd
11-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I've already been in touch with Customblitz re a spray job. This is no defect to team OCD but am getting it the same as my Losi:woot:

nice one mr OCD man lol :lol:

Chris56
11-05-2010, 07:56 PM
nice one mr OCD man lol :lol:
The car has been ordered by a founding member of Team Shambles and that it will remain. Although ditching "Kartman" in favour of your real name is not very shambolic:thumbdown:

Dave Dodd
11-05-2010, 08:14 PM
The car has been ordered by a founding member of Team Shambles and that it will remain. Although ditching "Kartman" in favour of your real name is not very shambolic:thumbdown:

:lol: although most people at work call me "Ken" and my GF said it should have been "Gaylord" :lol::( and Ben (son) said it should be "Batty Boy" :confused::eh?::wtf: little git :lol:

using my own name sounds a little pro like :lol: pity my driving aint :lol:

nikos2002
12-05-2010, 04:27 AM
Just as a note - TQ Racing distributes the SX10 2w and SX10T in the United States (and will ship worldwide). We have been developing a chassis' produced by Team C factory in Hong Kong for the last 7 months, with running changes found during racing and testing the product in competition against the best in the world.

Yes, the screws are all metric, please feel to look at tqracing.net for additional information (and a new update for the site is in the works to improve information getting out to everyone).

Nick

nicefrog
12-05-2010, 06:08 AM
Nikos, I read Team C usa also weren't 100% happy with it, do you think it will just have running changes as the days go

kaylon
12-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Just as a note - TQ Racing distributes the SX10 2w and SX10T in the United States (and will ship worldwide). We have been developing a chassis' produced by Team C factory in Hong Kong for the last 7 months, with running changes found during racing and testing the product in competition against the best in the world.

Yes, the screws are all metric, please feel to look at tqracing.net for additional information (and a new update for the site is in the works to improve information getting out to everyone).

Nick

Excellent...thanks for the info. I'm so happy the fittings are all metric!! expect some orders from me soon.

Might as well ask here... how much approx is international shipping from TQ...to the UK ?... I guess it depends on the items order..umm.

J

Chris56
12-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Im still a bit puzzled by the lack of publicity for these cars in the UK - certainly a lot less than the LRP Blast which has a similar appeal. Despite all of the Ansmann stockists out there, only 2 of them are advertising the car - fortunately, one of them is run by a mate :thumbsup:

kaylon
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Im still a bit puzzled by the lack of publicity for these cars in the UK - certainly a lot less than the LRP Blast which has a similar appeal. Despite all of the Ansmann stockists out there, only 2 of them are advertising the car - fortunately, one of them is run by a mate :thumbsup:

Well...you should have posted a link to your mate then :P ... then we'll know :)

J

Chris56
12-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Well...you should have posted a link to your mate then :P ... then we'll know :)

J

JBL has already beaten me to it - see post #42:woot:

nikos2002
13-05-2010, 02:19 AM
To check on international shipping prices look at the shop section on tqracing.net or email service@wingtote.com - as they are the ones that handle warehouse, orders and shipping for TQ Racing.

I have read and been asked about the "upgrades" being made. We haven't found any reason to significantly change the design - our drivers keep the factory up to date with changes we think are necessary. We have not experienced gearbox issues or think think we need different parts at this time. Aftermarket parts are part of what makes this industry our industry unique. AE probably doesn't think you need after parts for their cars, but people make them. We just want to have a good piece of equipment at an affordable price, so we can help the hobby grow.

notme
13-05-2010, 06:05 AM
If your open to suggestion, i have a few ideas of what could be changed/improved on the car.
captured hinge pins
beefier rear brace
different front axle design to allow tightening of nut
offset motor mount
screws instead of bodyclips on wing
rims more flexible

Chris56
31-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Anybody got their's yet? Keeping my fingers crossed for this week

ben44
01-06-2010, 07:16 AM
We can show it on the eb site of ansmann but it's not arrived today.
In US they said it's will be arrived in 2 weeks.
In europe i hope 2 week too

woOdy
02-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Just been given a date for the car to be in the UK!:woot:

kaylon
02-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Well WoOdy....do tell...do tell :D... end of month ?... next week...this week ???

LOL

J

woOdy
02-06-2010, 03:59 PM
We shall play a game of guess the date. If some gets it right I WILL say yes!:thumbsup:

Chris56
02-06-2010, 04:04 PM
We shall play a game of guess the date. If some gets it right I WILL say yes!:thumbsup:

Im hoping this friday since thats my last day off work, however I suspect it will be somewhat later:thumbdown:

nicefrog
02-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Well I'll guess about June 8th, to allow 6 weeks or so for the container to arrive on the ship

woOdy
02-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Im hoping this friday since thats my last day off work, however I suspect it will be somewhat later:thumbdown:

No. sorry.

woOdy
02-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Well I'll guess about June 8th, to allow 6 weeks or so for the container to arrive on the ship

No Sorry.

Chris56
02-06-2010, 04:59 PM
No Sorry.
who's closer? Me, Nicefrog or end of month?

nicefrog
02-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Now that I've thought about it, if you have a date for the car to be in the UK, then it must be in Germany already. So since Germany is like just a little drive away, I'm, going to say.... Tomorrow

kaylon
02-06-2010, 05:27 PM
June 7th

June 14th

June 21st

June 28th

:)

J

woOdy
03-06-2010, 08:05 AM
June 7th

June 14th

June 21st

June 28th

:)

J

Thats like 4 guesses. 1 is very close.:woot:

kaylon
03-06-2010, 08:36 AM
LOL...go tell us :) ... or I'll post 26 times with each date LOL

I'll start backwards... 30th June...

J

woOdy
03-06-2010, 08:45 AM
I have been told that it will land in the UK on the 22nd. Give or take a couple of days. They are in transit as we speak:thumbsup:

kaylon
03-06-2010, 08:58 AM
I have been told that it will land in the UK on the 22nd. Give or take a couple of days. They are in transit as we speak:thumbsup:

Awesome!!

Thanks woOdy!! I get paid on the 25th, perfect timing :D

J

Chris56
03-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the info Woody - plenty of time to get it built, painted and set up ready for Broxtowe

woOdy
17-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Good signs. I have just received the instructions for the X4 Pro.:thumbsup: Hopefully the car will arrive as expected. Reading it seems alot better than the XPro instructions.

kaylon
17-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Excellent!!

I actually thought the X-Pro instruction were quite good. So if they have improved then all the better :D

Gonna order mine as soon as they are in stock!

J

kaylon
22-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Has anyone heard of active sales yet?...I've been looking around but have still yet to see any in stock anywhere...

Was hoping to place an order this week.

Chris56
22-06-2010, 12:32 PM
My supplier is due to have them in on thursday

Dave Dodd
22-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Just a bit of an update, have just spoken to ansmann racing and the X4 pro + the Blizzard are due into the uk on monday. So hopefully be in the shops on tuesday/wednesday :thumbsup:

so fingers crossed :thumbsup:

woOdy
22-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Yep me too. Gutted. Really wanted it for the National this weekend.:(

Chris56
22-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Cheers for the update Dave. So long as it's ready for Broxtowe next monh im a happy man. It would be a shame to suddenly ditch the Losi after they way it was handling on sunday!

kaylon
22-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for that Dave :)... I've got 3 weeks till the next major event up here so getting the car next week will be almost perfect, might even be able to get a couple of the hop-ups in time :D

J

woOdy
30-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Yes! Mine has arrived at home:thumbsup: Cant wait to get home now. Been told it doesnt have green shocks either.

Chris56
01-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Yes! Mine has arrived at home:thumbsup: Cant wait to get home now. Been told it doesnt have green shocks either.

Congratulations owner #1:thumbsup:. mine is coming tomorrow so i know what im doing this weekend!. Have you got any build pics yet? Also do you know its internal drive ratio? just wondering so i know what pinion size to use - i assume it has a 48 dp spur?

woOdy
02-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Congratulations owner #1:thumbsup:. mine is coming tomorrow so i know what im doing this weekend!. Have you got any build pics yet? Also do you know its internal drive ratio? just wondering so i know what pinion size to use - i assume it has a 48 dp spur?

Car went together really well( I let the Boss Build it ( Dad)). The only thing he said that he had a problem with was the slipper assembly. Took him a while to understand which disc went where.:thumbsup:

Pics are coming as soon as my photographer ( Ryan ) takes some pictures.

ConceptRacing
02-07-2010, 11:38 AM
We have had ours arrive today, looks very nicely packaged as usual, only one arrived so far, I will be doing a special offer on our first one in stock and reducing the price by 20% to make the retail £151.99, first come first serve, please send me a PM or give me a ring and it could be on your doorstep by the morning.

woOdy
02-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Pics as promised:-http://www.jespares.com/images/X4PRO/X4PRO5.jpg

http://www.jespares.com/images/X4PRO/X4PRO4.jpg

http://www.jespares.com/images/X4PRO/X4PRO3.jpg

http://www.jespares.com/images/X4PRO/X4PRO2.jpg

Piccieshttp://www.jespares.com/images/X4PRO/X4PRO1.jpg

nicefrog
02-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Better hurry and get the electronics in if it's racing this weekend : )?

GRIFF55
02-07-2010, 01:00 PM
loving those wheels stu!! what fitment are they?
Car looks good value too

woOdy
02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
loving those wheels stu!! what fitment are they?
Car looks good value too

Hex front and rear. Same as Kyosho. Too big for losi but I am sure if you change the front hex to the losi hex, I am sure it would fit.

birdy
02-07-2010, 03:21 PM
When's mine coming in the shop Stu?

Dave Dodd
02-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Our first one arrived today and left 30 min's later as it was a pre-order :thumbsup:
with one very happy customer :thumbsup:

notme
02-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Very nice pics Woody! I need to learn how to do that.
I noticed in your first pic your missing a bulkhead screw ;\ Also some of the other screws dont look like theyre tightened down enough
On the slipper assy did you end up flipping the spur over? My tc kit I did.
Let me know if your spur gear is abnormally loud.
Your going love the way it drives!

woOdy
02-07-2010, 04:43 PM
When's mine coming in the shop Stu?

When u pay me you can have one! LOL

woOdy
02-07-2010, 04:45 PM
When u pay me you can have one! LOL

Should be in stock very very soon.

Chris56
03-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Our first one arrived today and left 30 min's later as it was a pre-order :thumbsup:
with one very happy customer :thumbsup:

was it really 30 minutes - could have sworn that I made it to your shop in 15 mins:woot:

Its now 2:45 am and have now finished building it:yawn:, just need to glue the tyres and Blitzboy to paint the shell .

All in all it was a straightforward build (slipper was a bit fiddly though).

Electics all fit fine although I have'nt decided exactly where the best place for the receiver is yet (in front of the motor? on the top deck? or behind the speedo?.)

I did spin the wheels briefly to find that I accidentally put thefront diff in the wrong way round:cry:

Test drive in 5 hrs

Off to bed now

Night all!

Dave Dodd
03-07-2010, 08:56 AM
was it really 30 minutes - could have sworn that I made it to your shop in 15 mins:woot:

Its now 2:45 am and have now finished building it:yawn:, just need Blitzboy to paintthe shell and to glue the tyres.

All in all it was a straightforward build (slipper was a bit fiddly though).

Electics all fit fine although I have'nt decided exactly where the best place for the receiver is yet (in front of the motor? on the top deck? or behind the speedo?.)

I did spin the wheels briefly to find that I accidentally put thefront diff in the wrong way round:cry:

Test drive in 5 hrs

Off to bed now

Night all!

OMG :woot: eager or what :lol:

do you really need blitzboy to glue your tyres :lol: :lol:

doin a durango with ur diffs :lol: :lol:

lookin forward to seein it complete :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chris56
03-07-2010, 03:42 PM
do you really need blitzboy to glue your tyres :lol: :lol:

doin a durango with ur diffs :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well it was a long night so a few minor errors/typos should be expected!.

I've been testing it this afternoon and the overall picture is a big :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Turns into corners brilliantly and is bloody quick with my 6.5T in:woot::woot: - should give Doowanga and Cat SX drivers something to talk about:p:p

The only potential problem I see is with the diffs and their ability to go through gears (CF 1995 Predator):thumbdown::thumbdown:. 4 shims come with the kit and you really need to use them - i've got 3 on back and 1 on front. My first run didn't have any shims in at all and after 5 minutes I heard a click. Fortunately not much damage was done and with the shims in place it is running fine again.

I'll upload some pictures shortly

Chris56
03-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Here they are as promised

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00732.jpg?t=1278178050

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00733.jpg?t=1278178168

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00729.jpg?t=1278177609
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00730.jpg?t=1278177763

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00731.jpg?t=1278177795
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00728.jpg?t=1278178242

kaylon
03-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Is it straddle pack only ?...

J

Chris56
03-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Is it straddle pack only ?...

J

The pro model is as there is a ridge running down the centre of the chassis plate, although with a bit of dremeling you could easily modify it to take sticks. There is plenty of room under the prop shaft.

ben44
04-07-2010, 12:50 PM
It's will be good to have the dumper in grey it's more lovely tha the green.
Do you know if the x pro will arrived in grey like the X4 ?

Chris56
04-07-2010, 01:23 PM
It's will be good to have the dumper in grey it's more lovely tha the green.
Do you know if the x pro will arrived in grey like the X4 ?

The model shown is the X4 pro version. Not sure what colour shocks will be on the std X4, possibly same as the Madrat?

notme
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
The RTR version of the TC 4wd car has a different chassis to accommodate stick packs, if that helps.

Dave Dodd
04-07-2010, 06:34 PM
The RTR version of the TC 4wd car has a different chassis to accommodate stick packs, if that helps.

As does the basic Blizzard kit, that takes sticks too. :thumbsup:

Dave Dodd
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
great pics Chris :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kaylon
04-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Arrgg... so to accommodate my lipo stick that I paid a fortune for I'm going to have to buy the X4 Pro and use the chassis from the blizzard...grrrr...that's a tad annoying.

K

Chris56
04-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Arrgg... so to accommodate my lipo stick that I paid a fortune for I'm going to have to buy the X4 Pro and use the chassis from the blizzard...grrrr...that's a tad annoying.

K

If you have a Dremel to hand you should be able to modify the pro chassis to take a stick pack without difficulty - it has a bulkhead running down the centre of the chassis to give it rigidity. you just need to cut away a small section and a lipo stick should fit sideways, under the prop shaft.

Here's a picture FYIhttp://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/DSC00740.jpg?t=1278287711

Dave Dodd
13-07-2010, 12:01 PM
after seeing chris56's X4 pro on sunday i can honestly say its a very smooth and quiet buggy which also handles the bumps really well.. :thumbsup:

just need to get my own :cry: :lol:

Chris56
13-07-2010, 01:02 PM
after seeing chris56's X4 pro on sunday i can honestly say its a very smooth and quiet buggy which also handles the bumps really well.. :thumbsup:

just need to get my own :cry: :lol:

Cheers Dave - it was certainly very forgiving to drive and gave a few Cat SX/Durangos a run for their money. RE the jumps I think this photo will back up your argument:

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv138/deepdale11/Broxtowe%20MidEast%20Regional%204WD%2011th%20July% 202010/IMG_2987.jpg

positronic
13-07-2010, 03:18 PM

K

Team C make the TR04 Pro, does Ansmann sell this one?
http://img.skitch.com/20100713-r94yfr2xeh8p1m8kgqpbtmwxes.jpg

Dave Dodd
13-07-2010, 03:49 PM
thats the same layout as the Ansmann Blizzard but its not a pro, so std shocks and no slipper :(

but looks good and means i dont need to buy saddle's :lol:

ben44
13-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Ansmann do plastic shock, but like that we can but the big bore befor :)
You can find some information on here web site :
http://www.ansmann.de/cms/racingroot/rc-cars/electric-off-road-110/blizzard.html

For me this car will be more interesting to use my stick lipo

Matt-Photo
14-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Team C make the TR04 Pro, does Ansmann sell this one?
That car looks almost identical to the HPI Cyber 10. Subtly different mouldings perhaps, but certainly the same DNA.

I if there is any compatability between parts? Particularly on things such as shocks, driveshafts? Slipper?

nicefrog
14-07-2010, 02:33 PM
It's pretty close to both the D4 and the Yokomo B-max all three are fairly similar. Wouldn't be surprised if there are other cars close too, Team C generally make them right smack in the middle of everything else that works but I doubt many/any parts swap without some grinding

kaylon
14-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Wont have mine till August/Sept :( ..still it's something to look forward too :)

J

Dave Dodd
14-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Wont have mine till August/Sept :( ..still it's something to look forward too :)

J

:thumbdown: omg m8 thats a bit of a wait :(

Dave Dodd
17-07-2010, 11:42 AM
chris56's X4 pro with new paint job :thumbsup:

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq351/doddy-1971/Buggy%20RC/SDC12914.jpg

positronic
17-07-2010, 11:54 AM
looks great with that paintjob :thumbsup:

Chris56
18-07-2010, 02:14 PM
looks great with that paintjob :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, paint job courtesy of Blitzboy:thumbsup:

team furious
20-07-2010, 04:52 AM
are the ansmann X4 pro kits availible in australia yet? love the look of them i may have to get one :thumbsup:

nicefrog
20-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I have seen them in Australia here

http://teamtwisterhobbies.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=3034&osCsid=edfc62ca2565c9e7d7bdd1648b0b6231

Mines almost on the way from Rcmart in Hong Kong, I don't know if hes going to stock them in the shop but he is getting one for me. I'm not sure if he got the prices mixed up but the TRO4 PRO (TR04 being stick pack version with pro shocks) was $20 more than the TC04 and TR04 RTR, I think more likely the TR04 RTR was $20 more than the TR04 pro and TC04. I any case all three of them were a good deal.

I'm getting the TC04 anyway, does the TC04 come with tyres? I don't even know :). I'm going to get it right from the start this time and order a full set of hex head screws before it arrives if I can find a manual before then

notme
20-07-2010, 11:08 PM
No tires in the kit. Usually a good idea. I think both versions have the pro shocks..? Unless you mean the big bores?
Tell rcmart to carry as much as possible!

Thomas B
16-08-2010, 01:09 PM
A few questions.

Earlier in the thread it was said that it was possible to fit a stick pack of X4-Pro. Do they fit on the width?

Is it just the chassis that differ on the TR04 Pro from TC04 and X4-Pro? Is that the same spare parts except the chassis?

Dave Dodd
16-08-2010, 02:00 PM
A few questions.

Earlier in the thread it was said that it was possible to fit a stick pack of X4-Pro. Do they fit on the width?

Is it just the chassis that differ on the TR04 Pro from TC04 and X4-Pro? Is that the same spare parts except the chassis?

the X4-pro takes saddle packs whilst the blizzard takes sticks width ways but there nothing stopping you use a blizzard chassis on a x4-pro although that is an extra £18 on top but still cheaper than buying saddles if you dont have any...

nicefrog
16-08-2010, 02:02 PM
The TR04-Pro is more expensive than the TC04, I'm not sure why, maybe it comes with the big bores?. The normal TR04 is the budget kit and there's a few different parts on that compared to the TC04, arms etc (usual stuff).

But I haven't seen a parts list for the TR04-pro so I'm not sure what is in it, I only know that I asked for the prices for all 3 and the TR04-pro was more expensive. To convert a TC04 to stick pack you need these parts

TR4001 (chassis)
TR4019 (battery holder kit)

Thomas B
17-08-2010, 12:17 AM
If you have a Dremel to hand you should be able to modify the pro chassis to take a stick pack without difficulty - it has a bulkhead running down the centre of the chassis to give it rigidity. you just need to cut away a small section and a lipo stick should fit sideways, under the prop shaft.

Here's a picture FYIhttp://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/DSC00740.jpg?t=1278287711

Thank you for the answers.

What was written previously was under Posts 114th.

The answer to my question about the stick pack fit into the X4 Pro chassis with some modification, is probably also in post 114th.
It is good to read properly before you ask a pointless question. Sorry for that!

Is there anyone who has tried this with a stick pack Lipo?

Regards Thomas

nicefrog
17-08-2010, 08:00 AM
I'll just use saddle packs, for the time to cut the chassis and mess around with it. It would be cheaper to just buy the parts

rob martin
18-08-2010, 12:48 AM
What size intellect lipo u running?

Here they are as promised

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00732.jpg?t=1278178050

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00733.jpg?t=1278178168

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00729.jpg?t=1278177609
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00730.jpg?t=1278177763

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00731.jpg?t=1278177795
http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b462/chrisXXXCR/X4%20Pro/DSC00728.jpg?t=1278178242

Dave Dodd
18-08-2010, 10:27 PM
I think he is using 4200's which were off ebay

Dontortellini
11-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Hello everybody:),
I am new in this forum. First I would like to apologize for my mistakes. I am not a native English speaker, but I hope you can unterstand what I say :blush:.

Since a few weeks I am an owner of the Ansmann Blizzard and honestly for several reasons I would not buy it again and choose the X4, also known as the tc04. Everybody who wants to have a good (durable) buggy with lipo stick packs- should buy the x4 pro and drill the chassis or take the chassis of the blizzard. Some of you may think that there cannot be such a big difference between these two versions, but there is:

it hasn't got a slipper AND there is something not straight or not well produced, maybe it is the center shaft of the blizzard or the spur gear mount is not properly centered (the whole is not 100% in the middle). The result is: it is nearly impossible to set the gear mesh properly- if you let rotate the spur gear, then there is a point where the distance between the Spur gear and the pinion is too big and then to small. I have rebuilt the whole center unit two times to check if it was my mistake, but it's always the same.

Another thing is the quality of the chassis. The plastic seems to be good, but some parts (the upper deck) are not well made, they don't fit well into each other. If you look from the bird's eye perspective the front upper deck goes some milimeters to the left, so you have to use some force to straigthen it and to connect it to the motor mount. It is not a big problem, but even my old AE B3 and T3 and my E- Firestorm, even my Tt-01 don't have this.

The front shocks are totally useless!!! They come preassembled, that's good, but they are SOOOO leaky!!!! When you compress the damper, you can see how the oil runs out. I took some old AE O- rings to solve the problem. Now it' s ok.

The biggest problem is that the center outdrives (I mean the connection between the spur gear, the dogbones and the diffs, I don't talk about not the diff outdrives) are made of (cheap) plastic. The result: I use a GM (Graupner) Dr. Speed Brushless Motor (450 Watt) with a 2s Lipo and the rear outdrive melted not even after 5 minutes:mad::mad::mad:!!!! I bought a second one and istalled it and it happened again! Unfortunatelly an option version made of steel does not exist for the rear center outdrive, so if you want to keep this buggy you have to buy the expensive center cvd's and through away the steel center dogbones!! I do not understand why they made them of plastic. I called Ansmann in Germany and the support did not have any proper solution except buying the expensive cvd's. OK, if you buy it from Hong Kong it costs 34 Dollar (in Germany it costs nearly 60$, IMO they are sick!) . What makes me really angry is the fact that I cannot use the dogbones which seem to be strong.

In my opinion it is not good for a company when you offer a entry car, that could be very good, but do not run even 5 minutes and you HAVE to upgrade. The worst thing is, that upgrading (CVD'S Shocks and Slipper unit) costs more than a x4 Pro. Beginners loose the fun because of avoidable mistakes made by the producer.

Concerning the handling I had really much fun in the 5 minutes. It is very neutral with only a slight oversteer, simply very fast!!! OK, I hope that my impressions of this car will help some of you to make the right decision.

area52
24-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Some more pictures and information (http://www.area52.cc/reviews/340-ansmann-racing-x4-team-edition.html) about the X4 Team Edition.