PDA

View Full Version : Does he need a sponsor?

saintnitro
09-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Its good news for the sport but does he need a sponsor:eh?:

http://www.lrp.cc/en/news/news/news/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=4205&cHash=520d7b1c70

as long as he brings some of his brothers money over to the sport i don't mind:woot:

Ginge

jimmy
09-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Haha, I thought our interview with him was better at the neo- where we purposely didn't mention anything about his bro at all. Comedy! he's a nice lad anyway, if he blags some sponsorship for any reason it's a good deal!

saintnitro
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
it did seam that they were useing his brothers name alot i dont want to say they were jumping on the band wagon but i,i,ah bugger it yeah they are:p

Ginge

mark christopher
09-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Its good news for the sport but does he need a sponsor:eh?:

http://www.lrp.cc/en/news/news/news/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=4205&cHash=520d7b1c70

as long as he brings some of his brothers money over to the sport i don't mind:woot:

Ginge

id say lrp will benifit more by having him signed up!

mikeyscott
09-02-2010, 02:26 PM
I think it's great and it raises the profile of the hobby.

super__dan
09-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Who is it, link doesn't work for me

Aran
09-02-2010, 03:31 PM
lewis hamilton little brother, hes a guy.

lewis seems to have been having a few runs with kyosho in the past

mikeyscott
09-02-2010, 03:31 PM

Lewis Hamilton's brother.

I don't think what you do or don't earn should come into sponsorship. As I said above I think it's great.

mark christopher
09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
didnt work for me, i worked round it, here you go... http://www.lrp.cc/en/news/news/news/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=4205&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=11&cHash=1a6c37979a

Reevsey
09-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Nic was supported by Kyosho this year and has just changed his ride and engine, so being sponsored is not new for Nic

Nic is a top lad who is very down to earth if you where to met him at a 1/8th track, I would suspect it is not the financial support of being sponsored that is the benefit for Nic but more importantly being part of a team, He goes racing mostly on his own as we all know his Dad and brother are away playing with big cars :thumbsup: but also due to his disability things like marshling are not possible for him

Si

mikeyscott
09-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Nic was supported by Kyosho this year and has just changed his ride and engine, so being sponsored is not new for Nic

Nic is a top lad who is very down to earth if you where to met him at a 1/8th track, I would suspect it is not the financial support of being sponsored that is the benefit for Nic but more importantly being part of a team, He goes racing mostly on his own as we all know his Dad and brother are away playing with big cars :thumbsup: but also due to his disability things like marshling are not possible for him

Si

Remind me what he has again, is it MS?

Good luck to the chap at the track and I hope he has a good year's racing! Would be cool if he rocked up at a track with his brother and they both raced.

Northy
09-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Nick is an awesome guy :thumbsup:

G

mikeyscott
09-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Anyone met him or his brother?

footey
09-02-2010, 04:02 PM
did u not read the neo report jimmy did they interviewed him so guess alot of people have and its well worth alook at

jimmy
09-02-2010, 04:10 PM
If Lewis hamilton was my brother I'd be a complete wanker about it and never shut up. Nic aint tho! :thumbsup:

Chris Doughty
09-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Remind me what he has again, is it MS?

Good luck to the chap at the track and I hope he has a good year's racing! Would be cool if he rocked up at a track with his brother and they both raced.

Nic and Lewis were both racing at one of the Slough summer series meetings, it was ace :thumbsup:

DaSloth
09-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Nic came along to one of our TC club nights last year. Seemed like a good guy and knows what hes doing on the track! :)

I hope it isnt LRP taking advantage of the name, but if he asked for the sponsership then good on him :)

DCM
09-02-2010, 04:33 PM
the whole idea of sponsorship, is to get product coverage in the media, whether it is sponsoring the top guys, or sponsoring a name..... does it really matter??

Chris Doughty
09-02-2010, 04:43 PM
its clearly worked.... :woot:

Reevsey
09-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Lewis has raced with Nic at Ware on occasions and it is very strange seeing their Dad in Pit lane watching an RC car when you are used to seeing him on the TV :D

At least i can say i beat lewis all be it with an RC car rather than a real one..... :thumbsup:

GRIFF55
09-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Seems like he has had a few good results. Good on the lad, I hope to get a bit of nitro in this year:blush: and would love to race him:thumbsup:
Getting sponsors is not all about being a regular nat A finalist. good publicity chances help too.

Nick Goodall
09-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Lee got him down to CML RW a while back now and got him doing some 1/10th practising, he's a top lad - we all had dinner at mine later and had a good laugh and spent most of the night avoiding talking about Lewis as i'm sure he would get fed up with it as would we all - still had some good stories to tell mind, and he's really grown up for his age! Good luck to him :-)

saintnitro
10-02-2010, 06:40 AM
i wasn't having a dig at him or who his family is. i didn't know they were into the hobby. i hope one day that i can race next to him and be as good as him. have i done enough groveling now:woot:

Ginge

MHeadling
10-02-2010, 08:27 AM
I raced against him at Dartford Rally X track, really nice lad and pretty quick too! He beat me no probs! I think he came about 4-5th in the A final and a good result as Elliot Boots was there, Mike Cradock etc

I'm glad Lrp are helping him out, raises the profile of our hobby and shows it to a new crowd of potential new users of Rc cars

Lee Martin
10-02-2010, 08:36 AM
NIC RULES!

justleanitupabit
10-02-2010, 09:53 AM

Nic came to a KMRC meeting a couple of weeks ago and races at Herts/Slough quite a lot too.

Neil Skull
10-02-2010, 10:32 PM
We at Kyosho (actually it was Mike cradock) used to look after Nic and his brother when they both wanted to get into rallycross again.
Mike bumped into them when they was in Models in Motion the shop where Lewis used to go in the beggining.
Then Lewis used to race at a club Mike me and Stewart Wilcox and quite a few others from the old days at Bennington.
I dont really remember Lewis or his dad back then apart from when the
club got the spot on blue peter. I remember that day well as Mike was very excited and told us all about it, The night before he asked his now wife Michelle to cut his hair but she forgot to attach the guide to the trimmer and took a square of hair down to his scalp :woot: he had to wear a hat to cover it up.
maybe thats why we only saw his leg on the programm:D

I think the thing that Mike connected with Lewis was the fact Mike realised Lewis was very good with his Turbo Burns and sugested to his dad he should get serious and race the nationals and look for sponsorship, Lewis dad told mike they was giving up RC and taking up Go_Karting, To which Mike replied" you dont want to do go-karting theres not future in it"

I am not sure that was the exact quote but it was something along those lines and when mike met Anthony again after lewis got the F1 drive he reminded Mike of those words:wub

We never used either of them to make any publicity as it was not appropriate Nic was just starting and Lewis is seriously tied up in advertising contracts. Also we wanted to let them race without any pressure or reporters hounding them.
Nic is an avid racer and over the last couple of years has travelled and raced at many clubs gaining experience and has actually started to become a good driver. he is a young kid very likeable and should be treated on his own merit. He has the desire to win and with lots of practice could get to a high level.

I am sure Nic got his sponsor deal all on his own merit so fair play to him.:thumbsup:

I wish Nic good luck for the season and hope he can relax and enjoy his racing as well as staying passionate about the sport.

Dozey83
10-02-2010, 10:54 PM
met nic at the nova GP in essex a couple of years back, was stood next to him on the rostrum and raaced with him, it was great fun, i didnt realise it was him at 1st, however after the racing he came over to our pit as he was walking past and we had a bit of a chat about how his racing was going and it was really quite cool, totally awsome lad, perfectly happy to have a convo with you the same as anyone else would be!

cant wait to race against him again at neo! just hope i can keep up!!! lol

great kid though and fair play to him for getting the new sponsor!

sldmodels
10-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm sure if you have a look on youtube somewhere, there's a clip of Lewis driving his 1/8th being interviewed by John Lesley, and almost ignoring JL as he's just too busy driving his car.

telboy
10-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Never met them personally, but have done a few shells for Nic, seems a nice enough chap. :)

Good luck to him with the new rides though.:thumbsup:
Just needs some new shells now. ;)

greasy mark
12-02-2010, 10:01 PM
spent a few evenings with nic .chris,elliot and charlie at last near at neo have raced with nic lots of times and he is a realy down to earth guy very easy to chat to and has a very good sense of humor

Al3xis007
12-02-2010, 11:24 PM

Si

true true si, he came down to the hertford club when he was sponsored by kyosho and ragged Neil 'skully wag' Skull's touring car a go, nice guy

rob8246
13-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Nic's awesome and he's hooking me up with a go on his brothers x bird, top lad! :thumbsup:

Don't ya.......

Neil Skull
13-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey Rob,

Its time to come home, Whatever you are drinking or smoking its at leat one too many :p

She wont ya!

GRIFF55
13-02-2010, 10:25 PM
ha ha ha ha, you right neil, rr must be hammered!!!:woot:

rob8246
13-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Listen lads you know as well as I do she could not deny the Dirt Master experience.
It's how I roll :o

Battle_axe
13-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Listen lads you know as well as I do she could not deny the Dirt Master experience.
It's how I roll :o
its because he cant resist losing to me :p