PDA

View Full Version : Batley cancelled this Sunday

Hulk
11-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi,

just to let anyone know who was considering going to Batley this Sunday, its been cancelled.

Ive spoke to Dianne who has said the track needs some work before we start back outdoors again.

Once the work has been carried out and the weather picks up, dates of meetings will be posted on here or the Batley Buggy Club website.

Thanks

Craig Collinson

yokomo.123
11-02-2010, 10:06 PM
hello mate fanks for letting us know and do u have any idea how long it will take and do u need any helpers to sprt the track

Oscar
12-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Usually its just a case of clearing up after the track has been flooded (which usually happens every winter).
I know Chris and Stuart were down 2 weeks ago and cut the grass etc.
Maybe they can advise how it is looking at present??

Hulk
12-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Yokomo,

not sure how long its gonna take yet as ive not seen the track since last year.

Im sure there will be a work party at some point to get the track sorted and ready to be raced on. Like oscar said most damage is caused by flooding over the winter so shouldnt take much to fix.

Ill be in contact with Dianne and Steve Lawson over the next few weeks to find out when a work party can be organised.

Ill keep you posted once i know the date, the more people who help the quicker we can start racing again!

Thanks

Gamerwillz
12-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Thank god you made this thread, my father and I were planning to go on this Sunday! So thank you for the heads up. ;)

But do let us know when the track is ready to use by making a new thread.

Bravo
12-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Shame. We were coming. Anyway thanx for letting us know as soon as poss.

dmsykes
14-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi all,
Should have read the forum before I set off this morning, was sat in the car park for 8:15 this morning, rang the wife to fire up the computer who told me it had been cancelled.
It's been one of those weeks got two packs of Trakpower Dark Series 5000Mah for my birthday which I now find are not on the BRCA list so cannot run them for regionals. Finished a new X6 sq build but for a couple of parts so were going to get them today. Haven't raced since the 1st Bately/RHR series meet, don't like racing indoors.
Never mind may get to race end of March RHR rd6 weather permitting. Anyone want to buy a pair of Trapower non BRCA listed. Just got back home going to have a coffee and sulk.

super sparks
14-02-2010, 05:53 PM
jim you are not the only one who has not raced since october thats why we prepared the track the other weekend when the weather was a little bit better hoping for dryer weather this sunday,called at the track yesterday and it was raceable on and to cap it all we have had good weather today. ( roll on summer ) ....... end of moan for now:o

dmsykes
14-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi Stu,
It wasn't Jim it was Malcolm.

See you soon.

Is it right that the SuperCup is to be run outside early March?

super sparks
14-02-2010, 09:04 PM
sorry malcolm i should have known it was you and not jim,just saw the surname !!!,as for the supercup if that is the case then you know more than we do,hope to see you soon ..... stuart