PDA

View Full Version : mad rat shock oil

el nino
17-02-2010, 05:28 PM
the kit instructions say to put shock oil in,but not how much,there is a bottle of oil with the kit.is it just for lubrication or a specified amount for damping?

Battle_axe
17-02-2010, 05:48 PM
the kit instructions say to put shock oil in,but not how much,there is a bottle of oil with the kit.is it just for lubrication or a specified amount for damping?
you need to fill each shock to the top and then pull slowly up and down on the shaft to get all the air out leave it to stand for a few mins so all the air comes to the top then push the shaft halfway up and screw on the top i hope that helps

wolf
17-02-2010, 05:49 PM
1. Assemble shock cap, with diaphragm
2. Fill shock to top
3. Pump piston to bring trapped air to the top
4. Top up oil, to top
5. Fit shock cap, wind in, then back off, one turn
6. Push piston in, to get right amount of rebound without over-pressurisation of the shock
7. Tighten shock cap, clean oil

el nino
17-02-2010, 06:47 PM
thanks, is this going to be a really messy job, or can it be done carefully without much spillage?

92nc30
17-02-2010, 07:42 PM
As long as you pump the piston up slowly you'll be fine.
First time I did it I pushed it up far to quick and got the ceiling and my eye covered in oil.

kaylon
17-02-2010, 07:46 PM
For Shock work something like THIS (http://www.fusionhobbies.com/Ansmann-Racing-Aluminium-Car-Stand-p/ar203000090.htm)is a must have... Not only a great car station but has shock holders on one side for when filling with oil

J