PDA

View Full Version : OMG... Sixty Three!

Hairy Spider
17-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Well I guess it was only a matter of time before we broke through the 60 driver barrier... :):cry::):cry::)

jordan1
17-02-2010, 11:39 PM
were gunna need a bigger hall soon,

Tractor Boy
17-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Amazing the amount of new people coming through the door at the moment and as you say 63 drivers at a club night in our little old hall in the back of beyond, not bad me thinks.

crewie
17-02-2010, 11:58 PM
It's bonkers, lol :woot:. Great atmosphere though:thumbsup:.

Garry Spice
18-02-2010, 05:33 AM
and there was at least a couple of regulars missing too!

Hog
18-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Great to see the numbers through the doors that we're getting. And it's even more pleasing to see the automated turnaround system working so well. Just means that even with 63 drivers and 8 heats we're coping and it's not too late a finish.

At least it saves Alan's voice - and keep your eyes open chaps as we'll have some new toys soon to help you know which heat is out on track........

jordan1
18-02-2010, 12:13 PM
new technology woohoo sounds good

Hairy Spider
18-02-2010, 12:49 PM
...keep your eyes open chaps as we'll have some new toys soon to help you know which heat is out on track........

Alas, not for about 2 months as I found out thismorning :(

Hog
18-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Oh :(

Cock.

Team No Idea
18-02-2010, 01:32 PM
63! Ave it! i'm loving the automated system too chaps! :thumbsup:

Tractor Boy
18-02-2010, 06:27 PM
If you have a look on our results page over on the clubs website you will see that since the start of this championship in mid november we have had nearly 80 different drivers through the door.

Not bad i say and this is doing so much good for off road in general not just at our club.

I know that Mr Brooke is seeing the same thing at EPR so is this a south east thing or is this a general trend across the country, i hope so for the rest of the regions sake because i reckon we will have twice as many juniors wanting to come along this year to the end of season finals and they never turn the kids away.

Hope to here a few comments on here from my lot but maybe a few of you from further a field would like to have a say on this subject.

Kind Regards Alan.

David Church
18-02-2010, 06:52 PM
You all deserve an official "Good Job"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see your club doing so well!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jonesy
18-02-2010, 11:07 PM
If you have a look on our results page over on the clubs website you will see that since the start of this championship in mid november we have had nearly 80 different drivers through the door.

Not bad i say and this is doing so much good for off road in general not just at our club.

I know that Mr Brooke is seeing the same thing at EPR so is this a south east thing or is this a general trend across the country, i hope so for the rest of the regions sake because i reckon we will have twice as many juniors wanting to come along this year to the end of season finals and they never turn the kids away.

Hope to here a few comments on here from my lot but maybe a few of you from further a field would like to have a say on this subject.

Kind Regards Alan.

Hi Alan,

Not overly the same trend up in the North West I'm afriad. I read oOple daily and it's been amazing though to see how well your club has took off especially with the numbers of Juniors now coming through the doors! You'll have to let us all in to some secrets!!

Keep it going and the future of 1/10th could be secured for a long time to come!

Hog
19-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Hi Alan,

Not overly the same trend up in the North West I'm afriad. I read oOple daily and it's been amazing though to see how well your club has took off especially with the numbers of Juniors now coming through the doors! You'll have to let us all in to some secrets!!

Keep it going and the future of 1/10th could be secured for a long time to come!

The secret is - there's no secrecy! We're a very open club - there's always tons of help and advice on offer, No-one shies away from lending experience or even spare parts come to that.

As we race in a relatively small hall indoors we only race Stock class - which keeps running costs down due to less wear and tear and crash damage as the speeds are lower. Also it means the beginners aren't so intimidated as they may be watching full blown modifieds going round a track thinking "I could never handle that".

The emphasis at FORCC is very much on a fun evening out - more a social evening than a race night - but that's not to say it's not competitive. I'm sure other regular racers could post on here why they keep coming back for more - but I think the numbers speak for themselves that we've got a successful format.

yorkie
19-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I think I should mention that I have visited a few clubs in the area mainly driving touring cars but I have found that FORCC is by far the most relaxed and enjoyable, I have also experienced the help and advice offered by members of the club which iff this had not been the case, my Grandson (Sam) and I would probably not been able to race last wednesday so a big thanks to all you guys who helped us out.

To sum it up Great Club, Very friendly, Great atmosphere, Loads of help and advice, what more could we ask for apart from a larger venue, Roll on Sunday when we can have more.

(old) Yorkie

David Church
19-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I think what Jonsey wants to know is how you got all the youth/junior drivers:thumbsup:

How do you guys get all them super driving juniors???:confused:

Tractor Boy
19-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Andrew,

Thankyou for your kind words regards our club.

The answer is there is no answer as Hog has already posted, but i suppose what helps alot is the fact we race 51 weeks a year on a wednesday evening without fail, so with this in mind you can see that people will make the effert from there end of things when they know they have somewhere to run there cars.

Regards the youth point of view well you know what kids are like, when they have somethink to play with well thats just want they want to do and FORCC gives them this week in week out. We have also done a lot of fetes and shows over the years and trust me showing the kids just what these cars of ours are about is the best advertising you can ever do and the rewards for both sides are just amazing.

I my self have had a few battles over the years regards events like fetes from people who believe the high point in our sport is regionals and upwards and although there is a little truth in this from my point of view the club racer is the most inportant person in the world and always will be because the racers you want coming into the sport are the ones you have not ment yet.

So with that in mind keep up the hard work at your club Andrew because what goes on at regional and national level will all be lost if clubs like our do not succeed.

Kind Regards Alan

PS bet you wished you had not asked me now ha ha.