PDA

View Full Version : short course truck

chunkytom95
18-02-2010, 01:26 PM
hi im looking at getting a short course. i have seen the associated sc10 and the hpi blitz but are there any others on the market.

cwilson
18-02-2010, 01:49 PM
there are quite a few out there. here is a small list off whats available at the mo: associatated sc10, hpi blitz, traxxas slash, losi sct, kyosho ultimaSC and traxxas slash 4x4

njc11
18-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Have a look inthe Kyosho section on here... ;)

Just got hold of mine from RC Champ... very impressed with the quality :thumbsup:

Its near enough an RT5 / RB5

learnerdriver
18-02-2010, 04:55 PM
the blitz has slightly better options on wheels than the sc10 with having hex back and front :-)

poopers
20-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Just to note, there's a revised version of the SC10 due around March time. Weak points on the original have been addressed, as well as a few mods to make the rear end more stable. HPI's race oriented kit version of the Blitz (Blitz ESE) is due in May too.

Also, as mentioned, have a look at the Kyosho Ultima SC, early reports suggest it's a very good truck.

Chrislong
20-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Weak points on the SC10? Mine is rock solid, and im very impressed with it. The only quible I have is rear wheels, but that is sorted as a rolling change I believe - id be interested to see a list of changes on the update.

mark christopher
20-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Weak points on the SC10? Mine is rock solid, and im very impressed with it. The only quible I have is rear wheels, but that is sorted as a rolling change I believe - id be interested to see a list of changes on the update.

me too! no problems with mine

where is your info from poopers?

poopers
20-02-2010, 02:21 PM
me too! no problems with mine

where is your info from poopers?

I've seen no real problems with the SC10 either, but know a fair few guys on RC Tech who've felt it was "weak" in certain areas.

Info's here, Cliff Lett at the Nuremberg show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAx8FuIPQtg

Oh, sounds like it'll be closer to April in release though.

mark christopher
20-02-2010, 02:37 PM
hmm changed springs, still got same as mine on it!

Evsie
20-02-2010, 03:40 PM
The new Hong Nor SCRT-10 looks very good indeed; gonna get one of those myself. :)

mark christopher
20-02-2010, 06:58 PM
The new Hong Nor SCRT-10 looks very good indeed; gonna get one of those myself. :)
4wd :thumbdown:

Chrislong
20-02-2010, 09:46 PM

Agreed.
The very nature of Short Course is Rwd and drift-tastic, plus strong low maintenance and fun. 4wd would be so much quicker, itd take out the fun and make it competitive.... which is against the nature of the class.

cwilson
20-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Agreed.
The very nature of Short Course is Rwd and drift-tastic, plus strong low maintenance and fun. 4wd would be so much quicker, itd take out the fun and make it competitive.... which is against the nature of the class.

I second that. You absolotly right. 2wd is the way to go.:thumbsup:

chunkytom95
20-02-2010, 11:48 PM
i am drawn between the hpi blitz and the associated sc10 and wanted to know if there is alot of difference between them or does it just go down to personal liking
regards tom

johnnygibbon
21-02-2010, 12:06 AM
hobao hyper 10 sc. 4wd ballistic missile. drift happy. strong. racing it tomoro. will let ya no how good it really is:thumbsup:

poopers
21-02-2010, 12:44 AM
i am drawn between the hpi blitz and the associated sc10 and wanted to know if there is alot of difference between them or does it just go down to personal liking
regards tom

Both are great trucks, neither is a bad choice. I’ve got a Blitz and have built and played with a few SC10s.

Really it depends on what you want to do with the truck. If it’s purely to race, on tight UK tracks, I’d get the SC10. It’s more agile than the Blitz with a tighter turning radius and seems pretty dialled right out of the box. That said I’d still want to wait and see just how good the Kyosho Ultima SC is. If it’s to mess around at the park, hitting a few jumps etc. and also race, I reckon the Blitz is the tougher truck for that, yet still very competent racing.

Check out the forums at RC Short Course for more info.
http://www.rcshortcourse.com/

Also, RC Tech have some interesting threads on these two trucks in the electric off road section.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/

Jamie.T
22-02-2010, 10:08 PM

Did you not know Mark, 4wd is the future....lol

Im ordering an scrt-10 myself, they look great value for money and will be much tougher than an sc-10.

Jamie....

johnnygibbon
23-02-2010, 12:11 AM
hyper went well got some tweaks to do. was attling 8th scales with it. nice