PDA

View Full Version : Sundays Track

The race controller
19-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Track design anybody ??

Chrislong
19-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Straight in front of rostrum again please! :thumbsup:

Much like the last one - fast, flowing, with plenty of sensible jumps but not an ostacle course, no matts on corners that move around except in straight lines. :thumbsup:

johnnygibbon
19-02-2010, 10:46 AM
straight diagonal across middle was great and table top jump near rostron it was tricky over by back wall. but simaler to last time with the wide (bumby matts ) section and flowing track just bring jump nearer so we can fly. and diagonal straight i thought worked well .

or just light the fires and order the cheerleaders. i will get hold of evil knievels old jumps and were on:thumbsup:

shanks
19-02-2010, 11:11 AM
+1 for

straight nr to rosterum

fast and flowing like last time not too many jumps etc

+28 for

cheerleeders :thumbsup:

now if only we could find some

rob m
19-02-2010, 11:13 AM
as you all liked the last so much il put pen to paper again and see if i can do another good one.:thumbsup: we need more ideas then just mine so get drawing! see you all on saturday

shanks
19-02-2010, 11:23 AM
as you all liked the last so much il put pen to paper again and see if i can do another good one.:thumbsup: we need more ideas then just mine so get drawing! see you all on saturday

you hero:p

I'll have a go at drawing one now

post a pic in 30 or so

anyone know the dimensions of
the area we have so I can get it somewhere nr to scale?

T4miy4 Guy
19-02-2010, 11:36 AM

:wub Rob:wub

I`ve got the kids on Sat but i`ll pop down as i have got a piece of mdf for Mark to get on the rostrum (Is he coming ?)

@Shanks ! Aldi have a special offer on kitchen roll at the moment ,should i pick some up for you and the Durango crew :woot:

Andy

ryanlownie
19-02-2010, 11:43 AM
+1 for the long straight. I think it needs the long straight, a nice big tabletop just like the last round and the bumpy section before the tabletop worked really nice too. I'm sure if those features are put in some different places you'll be well on the way to another winner of a track!

Bit of a sketch...... Discuss, modify, criticize it!

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1070/track21st.jpg

shanks
19-02-2010, 11:44 AM
:wub Rob:wub

I`ve got the kids on Sat but i`ll pop down as i have got a piece of mdf for Mark to get on the rostrum (Is he coming ?)

@Shanks ! Aldi have a special offer on kitchen roll at the moment ,should i pick some up for you and the Durango crew :woot:

Andy

Lmao

Andy

my fella Durango racers have advised me how to get the diffs right - rebuilt em last night an they are now smooth as butter n I can't see them leaking

probably a good idea to bring tissues still though

you're going to need something to dry yr tear when I kick yr asse on the track:p

shanks
19-02-2010, 11:47 AM
+1 for the long straight. I think it needs the long straight, a nice big tabletop just like the last round and the bumpy section before the tabletop worked really nice too. I'm sure if those features are put in some different places you'll be well on the way to another winner of a track!

ry

For me that is spot on - looks very fast n flowing which I prefer

let's keep it simple and fast :thumbsup:

T4miy4 Guy
19-02-2010, 11:51 AM

See your busy @ work Ry :woot:

Looks like a nice track mate gets the :thumbsup:

Andy

shanks
19-02-2010, 12:15 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11993&stc=1&d=1266581569

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11994&stc=1&d=1266581569

http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11995&stc=1&d=1266581569

Quality of pics is not fab - cause i cribbed them off somewhere else!!

2nd pic shows a cross-over???? could be fun

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

T4miy4 Guy
19-02-2010, 12:20 PM
lol looks like a pigs intestines lol

Andy:thumbsup:

JonyNitro
19-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Looks like a saturday morning turd!!;)

Get some work done Ry!

samd
19-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi guys a bit off topic, but I booked in and was tenth in reserves I've just checked and I'm now 5th, do I have a chance of getting in on the day from this if I turn up? Quite a long drive if I don't get in that's all.
Thanks sam

Robbiejuk
19-02-2010, 12:45 PM
+1 for

straight nr to rosterum

fast and flowing like last time not too many jumps etc

+28 for

cheerleeders :thumbsup:

now if only we could find some

Come and visit us at west bridgford model car club tommorow as the East midlands cheerleading association practice in the hall next to where we race. :thumbsup:

ryanlownie
19-02-2010, 01:00 PM
2nd pic shows a cross-over???? could be fun

Yeah a cross over with no ramps would be fun haha! Bring your spares everyone!

shanks
19-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi guys a bit off topic, but I booked in and was tenth in reserves I've just checked and I'm now 5th, do I have a chance of getting in on the day from this if I turn up? Quite a long drive if I don't get in that's all.
Thanks sam

sam

good chance at 5 th place as there are usually quite a few no shows

can't guarantee a place of course

Try bribing roger ( race controller)

shanks
19-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Yeah a cross over with no ramps would be fun haha! Bring your spares everyone!

I'd be happy with that - though I doubt others would be !!

One with ramps though ??

shanks
19-02-2010, 01:09 PM
lol looks like a pigs intestines lol

Andy:thumbsup:

You been pig murdering again??

Stick to sheep dude :p

ryanlownie
19-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I'd be happy with that - though I doubt others would be !!

One with ramps though ??

Still a bit of a tough one, if someone crashes before the ramp and doesn't have the run up they would really have to turn round and get a run up... Not gonna happen is it :) More chance of cheerleaders!

samd
19-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Im off to west bridge ford tomorrow, bury would be a bonus as well! Thanks guys

shanks
19-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Still a bit of a tough one, if someone crashes before the ramp and doesn't have the run up they would really have to turn round and get a run up... Not gonna happen is it :) More chance of cheerleaders!

Chicken!!

Yr the one with long hair so get a mini skirt on cheerleader!!

Might try n talk my bird into being cheerleader next time!!

Ps I'll be in shop later pal need some grease apparently copper grease is not right!!

T4miy4 Guy
19-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Chicken!!

EPIC :woot:

Andy

Si Coe
19-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Very much preferred the straight by the rostrum, easier all round I reckoned, but ended up not so keen on the table top right at the back. Its really hard to judge your position that far away on the big mass of black carpet. If it was green or grey you'd get better indication of depth but since all we have is black thats a problem.

I thought this, moving the table top to just behind the straight. Creates a slight dead zone behind the table top but space isn't exactly limited.....
http://www.simondavanzo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1266590581.jpg
Hmmm - seems to have come out huge! Anyway, numbers are marshal points - the islands create some useful marshal points.

T4miy4 Guy
19-02-2010, 03:45 PM
I like it Si :thumbsup:

Andy

ryanlownie
19-02-2010, 03:47 PM

You've mentioned my hair a few times now, not jealous are we? Feel free to donate a hair cut if you like :)

Also, Si I like that idea and you are right with the marshal points, it's good to have a bit of space to be when marshaling, there's nothing worse than being stuck in an awkward spot on the track with cars whizzing past.

T4miy4 Guy
19-02-2010, 03:50 PM
You've mentioned my hair a few times now, not jealous are we? Feel free to donate a hair cut if you like :)

Want me to bring my clippers :confused: i`ll do it for free Ryan :woot:

Andy

ryanlownie
19-02-2010, 04:55 PM
No don't worry Andy, I think I may be pulling it out shortly!

Any more track plans or are we just going to debate it tomorrow at set up and settle on the final plan?

Si Coe
19-02-2010, 05:03 PM
No - No debate. There is a dangerously high chance I'll have the wife in tow as we'll be (bigger) car hunting in the area. If so we'll be setting up the track however she tells us to, regardless of how bad an idea it is. Arguments will not be tolerated. Bear in mind she's a deputy head whoses been off school for a few weeks with pregnancy related issues - she is just looking for someone to scream at!

We'll just do what she asks, then rearrange sunday morning :blush:

budfish
19-02-2010, 05:33 PM
No - No debate. There is a dangerously high chance I'll have the wife in tow as we'll be (bigger) car hunting in the area. If so we'll be setting up the track however she tells us to, regardless of how bad an idea it is. Arguments will not be tolerated. Bear in mind she's a deputy head whoses been off school for a few weeks with pregnancy related issues - she is just looking for someone to scream at!

We'll just do what she asks, then rearrange sunday morning :blush:

Sounds like your going to carcraft si choked !! You will be spanked and not just off the wife. I can't make it Saturday. But if I could I would.

As for the pregnant wife give her a slap right in the mouth. Or you could run her over with your car and get a new one off the insurance everyones a winner

rob m
19-02-2010, 06:33 PM
anyone know the dimensions of
the area we have so I can get it somewhere nr to scale?woody told me to work off 4 lanes wide,5 might just fit:confused: dont think length will be an issue.

Si Coe
19-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Sounds like your going to carcraft si choked !! You will be spanked and not just off the wife. I can't make it Saturday. But if I could I would.

As for the pregnant wife give her a slap right in the mouth. Or you could run her over with your car and get a new one off the insurance everyones a winner

Nope - Various different places but not Carcraft. They don't like cash customers for some reason - only interested in raping people on their finance plans.
And I tried running her over with my car but it bounced off! The whole reason for changing is so I have something slightly larger than my RC cars......

rob m
19-02-2010, 08:41 PM
hey si what about a nice diesel astra for your next car? i know someone that might be selling:rolleyes:

Jonesy
19-02-2010, 10:17 PM
As said last time the track was fast flowing and simple, the only issue we had last time was there was only 7 corners!! Make it slightly more technical (couple more corners) BUT no cross over - they don't work that well (my opinion only)! Throw a couple more corners in and keep the jumps down.

Simple as!

matdodd
20-02-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm with Jonesy, not quite as fast and simple as last time.
A few more corners would be cool :thumbsup:

Oscar
20-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Although I did enjoy last meeting, I'm with the last couple of posts, more corners please.
Maybe a variation on the theme from last time would be a good compromise to suit all tastes?

andys
20-02-2010, 10:34 AM
+1 for the straight in front of the rostrum.
+1 for more corners.

I also really liked the bumpy section before the 180 turn onto the tabletop last time. I like the table top to be approached after a sharp corner, then your not carrying a load of speed onto it and jumping the car too much.

Stu
20-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Longer down ramp on the table top. Yes, that makes it easier on the sticks but also makes it easier on the cars.

I dont think the plan above uses the length avaiable.

Maybe.......

http://www.northernracer.com/track.jpg

Stu.

Si Coe
20-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Edited to include Stu's adjustments plus the suggestion that the table top come after a hairpin
http://www.simondavanzo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1266665833.jpg

andys
20-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Had a quick go at a layout as per last time, but with more corners.
Table top is opposite rostrum, so you can see the cars on the up and down ramp. I hate it when we've had the tabletop over in a corner so you loose sight of the car.

Not sure if this is the right length / width etc !!

http://www.andrewshillito.com/oople/track2.jpg

andys
20-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Edited to include Stu's adjustments plus the suggestion that the table top come after a hairpin
http://www.simondavanzo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1266665833.jpg

Si. looks good :)

rob m
20-02-2010, 01:23 PM
your a mind reader si,thats just like the track i drawn last night lol!

Chrislong
20-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Looks good!

shanks
20-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Yep chaps that one looks good

I'll print some off and bring em with me

:thumbsup:

Jonesy
20-02-2010, 06:06 PM
So any news on the track then???

Si Coe
20-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Its a variation of Stu's version of mine, but with some changes.

Jonesy
20-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Looking good then!! :thumbsup:

Stu / Rog - I'll ask again in the morning but was hopinh I could run the Micro round for a few mins before the finals again?? Was good fun last time