PDA

View Full Version : random

ry11
20-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I think that if someone is on the same lap as you and you think you can over take them then you should if you just tap there backend or something then you should carry on going past if you wack hard then you should stop.

Thanks Ryan

bedsrcmcc
20-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry Ryan but I have to disagree.

If you are on the same lap as another driver you have to pass cleanly. It makes no difference if it's a small tap or a big hit, if you cause another driver to spin then you must wait to allow that driver past.

That's the golden rule of RC racing and should be adhered to at all times.

During the A final I accidently tapped Joe while we were both fighting for the lead and caused him to spin. I stopped knowing that other drivers would overtake me but I waited for Joe. While I was stationery Joe was then hit by another car and he was kind enough to say that I could then continue. That's true sportsmanship, well done Joe.

ry11
20-02-2010, 05:54 PM
scott I think you need to open your eyes because I think you are seeing things what other people aren't (jason was knocked off twice and nothing was said) "aimed at"

bedsrcmcc
20-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately I can't watch every race and every car all evening. I try and watch as many races as possible but as I'm racing and marshalling and running the meeting too that is not always possible.

If Jason was knocked off during the finals then I would not have been able to do or say anything as he was in my final so I have to look after my own race.

To some extent we need self-policing. However, if you feel that you were punted off during a race and nothing was said, please come to me after your race and inform me or another committee member which driver it was. I will then be happy to go and have a word with them.

In an ideal world we would have a full time race director who's sole job is to watch every race and keep all drivers in check. Generally though the driving is very good at the club, but as with all aspects of the club and race meetings there is always room for improvement.

As I always say to you all time and time again, go a little slower, be patient and you'll drive so much better. It is better to sit behind a car lap after lap to force them into an error rather than getting frustrated and forcing yourself by.