PDA

View Full Version : Copyright of pictures.

Moko_Jumbie
10-06-2007, 11:11 PM
I take fotos of local rc racing here in Trinidad, West Indies under BushBug Photos. And I would like to know if there are any forms or legal agreements that you must sign in England or anywhere else before taking pictures at a Meet or club race day. Or if it is a verbal agreement.

Here I take pictures and post on the local RC website and do not need any 'special' permissions so far. But I want to operate more professionally, so thank you any advice given.

k£v!n
11-06-2007, 06:50 AM
As far as I am aware you only have to ask the race director if you are allowed to enter the track to take pics. This is what I do anyway. Im not too sure tho.

kev

jimmy
11-06-2007, 09:02 AM
At the end of the day if it's private land then you are at the mercy of the organisers / owners of the track. Generally all publicity is good though and they are willing to accomodate.
I've been booted out of the track before, even as recently as this year (tiverton national) but as long as you aren't distracting drivers you're usually OK.

mark christopher
11-06-2007, 10:13 AM
technically you need permission to photgraph racers under the age of 16, of course thats only of the racer and not his car

jimmy
11-06-2007, 10:38 AM
as far as I've read mark, that only applies if they are involved in legal proceedings - such as they have an ASBO.

DCM
11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I dunno Jim, there are a lot of things changing in that respect... you can't take pictures at leisure centres, schools, and I know the rules about minors and clubs responsibilities are changing big time, just might be worth asking a little deeper?

jimmy
11-06-2007, 10:49 AM
That hasn't changed - thats called private property and isn't a seperate 'law' but a choice by that particular owner due to hype and paranoia. Let's not be silly and pretend you have to be careful when taking photos (of anything) just in case there is a kid somewhere in the background - :D

DCM
11-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I totally agree with you Jim, just sometimes you got to cover your own arse.

Moko_Jumbie
11-06-2007, 01:26 PM
That is why I am trying to find out what is the acceptable practice. I do not want to run into problems with any organisations or people.

I am also going to contact the copyright agency across here and find out what they say.....

BenG
11-06-2007, 01:39 PM
I totally agree with you Jim, just sometimes you got to cover your own arse.

Thats what trousers are for. ;)

Make sure you always ask everyone, parents, the person track owners organisers e.t.c