PDA

View Full Version : notification

chunkytom95
23-02-2010, 07:08 PM
hi all,
now the club has grown and we now use the downstairs room as a pitting area is there any way we could inform people who are down there when they have to marshal and when they're supposed to be racing as 2 people who were down there lost a point for not marshaling at the start of the race(me and jason) simply because we didn't know the race had started

regard tom.

Smartalec
23-02-2010, 07:18 PM
You marshall the heat straight after you've raced so there should be no need to remind you as you should take your car straight back to the pits and come back and marshall :thumbsup:

Bungleaio
23-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Is there nowhere available near the track so that people can drop their car off whilst they are marshalling.

Smartalec
23-02-2010, 07:35 PM
The qualifying rounds are only 3 minutes so there should be no need to rush back to get your car on charge as you only marshall for 3 minutes after racing. The only issue there could be with missing your marshalling would be if there is a break between rounds. You wouldn't necessarily know that the first heat was going to start so i'm sure someone could shout down to the small room but it would still be down to the drivers marshalling that heat to make sure they get back out to the track.

I understand that it is new to a lot of drivers and i'm sure that Scott will not be too harsh on people ;)

bedsrcmcc
23-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Evening Tom

I appreciate that many of our club members are new to the hobby/sport of RC racing and that's great to see, especially when you think less than 12 months ago there was no where in Bedford to race indoors and now we are getting regular turn outs of more than 30 cars each week.

However, I must say that I agree with Alec's comments about marshalling and racing.

With regards to marshalling I tell everyone each week that you marshall the race directly after the one you've just raced (unless you are running 2 cars then you need to get a stand in) therefore there is no need for me to remind anyone to marshall with failure to be ready causing you to loose a point in the championships - to me that is only fair to everyone else who is racing or marshalling that are always ready. It's not rocket science to ask that you take your car off the track and place it at your pit table and plug into charge and get back onto the track in time for the next race to start.

I know that being a parent, that the young ones can be easily distracted, but you need to focus on what is happening around you. You are showing great promise on the track, making the A Finals this week was a great performance so well done. I'm sure that having lost 1 point this week due to not being at your marshall point will be the only time it happens.

I could name and shame those who didn't marshall but that will get us no where as individuals or as a club. Those who did not marshall know who they are and they lost points this week, in some cases more than 1 point.

Regarding the racing, I think many of you would agree that I have a loud voice :woot: and I call out the heats at least twice as well as the computer counting down before each race, so there should be no excuses from anyone unless of course there are reasons due to say a problem with hearing. If that is the case with anyone, the club is more than happy to help to ensure everyone is on the track in time to race.

A boss I onced worked for said to me that to make a mistake and learn from it was a sign of intelligence, to make the same mistake again was the sign of a fool.

Now I'm sure that you are no fool Tom. Learn from this and move on, and I look forward to racing you in the A Finals again this week. :thumbsup: