b4pete
23-02-2010, 09:18 PM
????

Rebelrc
23-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Pics are here now!

rc_penguin
23-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Looks really good scott!, was trying to text you back but i ran out of credit! lol, Its Cat chassis time now :p

b4pete
23-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Want a blue chassis!

Rebelrc
23-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Anodized in my kitchen..hehe lol:thumbsup:

Dave C
23-02-2010, 09:53 PM
it's ugly:confused:

Rebelrc
23-02-2010, 10:03 PM
What is?:confused:

MHeadling
23-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I think its awesome! :thumbsup: but then again I would say that!!

As for the look of it each to their own, its something a bit different

samd
23-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Whats the aim? Better weight position?

Rebelrc
23-02-2010, 10:21 PM
I dont think its ugly....and its a hand made prototype...and its not about the looks it built to be killer on the track using all the right materials in the correct way
anyway if you lust over the looks of a toy car ....enough said....well Michael Schumacher is ugly but ......:thumbsup:

Rebelrc
23-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Hello Samd
thanks for you question
This car is an emalgamation of two ideas really
1 My old Carbon CC4 ran this layout and went very very well but is far too complicated to build?alter donor/ Manufacture
2 I am struggling with the dex's rear end being light yet the car is heavy and where we race a little flex seems to work very well so this chassis has a little more and the option of carbon sides ( CR2 style) to tune it further

Basically different weight bias designed purely around lipo's with a little flex
And using one donor with no alterations to donors parts

Regards
Scott

Rebelrc
23-02-2010, 11:16 PM
And yes the front pack of cells is meant to be offset to the left slightly to help centralise the corner weights, before anyone mentions, or thinks i have just shaken my dremmel at it, like harry potters magic wand ( like alot do ):)
thanks

Tom3012
23-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Very nice! Superb quality as with all your ideas/ creations:thumbsup:

Diesel
24-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Really good idea,
Could you tell us more about weight distribution.

Rebelrc
24-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Cheers Diesel and Tom
Like i said i am having trouble with the rear weight on the new dex410
i personaly think the rear is too light but to weight it correctly the car ends up much heavier
We have been playing with the weight on the dex410 car and with the new inboard copper weights and the rear durango option one removed ,the car was 100 percent better but heavy for my stock racing...but it made my car less scittish,and less aggressive the also exited corners much quicker and had a quicker change of direction (no pendulum)..jumped better...basically better everywhere
I have been testing the dex410 side by side with the original durango prototype
and for me the original drives much better and i was up 2 laps with it ( brushed radio install and cells nims):thumbsup:
so i have put the old car and new on some corner scales and weighted the dex closer to the original and bingo much quicker

the 410 mid is early days yet but looks very promising
hope this all made sense ( rushing)
feel free to ask more questions i probably have missed lots out:)
regards
Scott

MHeadling
24-02-2010, 08:06 AM
We will put it on our Integy corner weight machine and post up the details.

I think Scott has done a cracking job on this chassis, this was hand cut, counter sunk and anodised at a home workshop! The quality if his work is ace with every bolt hole lining up first time!

If there is enough interest and it handles well it could go into production, watch this space.........

Rebelrc
24-02-2010, 08:14 AM
All ready been done cheers Mark
but no details yet
test test test
cant wait:D

chris_dono
24-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Looks great Scott, will be keeping an eye on it's development ! :)

bondy
24-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Poor Gerd took 7 years to develop and test every type of layout before deciding on the best one !!!!:cry:

Some people just have too much time on their Hands LOL LOL :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Fabs
24-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Poor Gerd took 7 years to develop and test every type of layout before deciding on the best one !!!!:cry:

Some people just have too much time on their Hands LOL LOL :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

YEAH... Best one for NiMH, not Lipo... And I wouldn't call Gerd poor...

Rebelrc
24-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Fabs is right Bondy
the layout was designed around cells not lipo's as you may not know i have an original durango 2005 to compare it with
as i said earlier the dex ,i find was better with more weight in the battery area and the rear weight removed for lipo's....try your car with cells ...it will be slower but handle/jump a dream
this is something Gerd him self was trying at the petit rc race as he was running an ali thick rear brace replacing the carbon one
My mid car is something we are trying ....after all when Gerd started bet people said all that work associated did getting that layout correct....its called doing something different....after all if no one makes prototypes, we do not have new cars
Its ridiculous to say i have..Too much time on my hands.....how come you dont say that to Gerd/schumacher/kyosho/young chazz/jonathon(AC) etc
dont get me wrong i still love the DEX 410 its proper lush and the company and service are first class:)
just trying to get a little more from mine

Rebelrc
24-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Nothing wrong with that, is there?
am i right chaps?:thumbsup:

bondy
24-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Nothing wrong with that, is there?
am i right chaps?:thumbsup:

Nothing wrong as you say :cry: if we didnt experiment The LRP S8TX would still have a short chassis ! we made one longer, it worked, and now they are making one !! :woot:

Rebelrc
24-02-2010, 12:49 PM
You have too much time on your hands...lol touche
so you go back on what you said?

Gonzo
24-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Hi, nice work! One question: you moved the motor not only to the back, but also to the other side, which changes motor inertia compared to the chassis. Now yours is like a BMax, which has it opposite to a DEX. Any theory behind that or is this effect too small to notice in a 4WD? First I thought it was to keep the direction for the ESC the same, but I figured out that it always has to be reversed when putting the motor to the back, and the direction for the ESC stays the same between motor left or right...

Rebelrc
24-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks Gonzo
No its still the same (inertia driven across chassis) the bmax setup turned like this is on the other side , like on my CC4
the diffs have been turned to drive the car forwards
hope this helps
but inertia is correct ( did make me check it though):thumbsup:
regards

Dave C
24-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Rebelrc, to answer your PM

I like the blue :) , and appriciate your self made work a lot ;)
but the layout doesn't look as nice as the std. Durango layout
also i do not understand what's the reason for changing everything,
wheight transfer..???

OK but your layout makes a 80 grams difference in the rear, i quess so...,
when you put in nimh cells, you have the same difference

i even think the side-torque effect would be bigger with your layout, and that isn't a good thing, i could be wrong about that

it's my personal opinion ;)
i repeat that i appriciate your work and everything looks realy well done with high presision ;)

grtz

Rebelrc
25-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Hello again Dave
Thanks for your response
Funny as i dont like the blue but it is the only colour i have at the minute,and it was my first go and i couldnt wait, i personaly like the grey kit it looks grownup and quality:)
as i said earlier the layout is a prototype ..80 grams is alot of difference of transfered weight....i have run nimhs and canot keep up with the lipo cars at our club but as i allready said it handled much more like the original.
How do you think this has changed the side torque effect (inertia.)?
When i was pitting at the petit Gerd was next to us and realy liked the layout ....then Jorn Newman took many photos...thanks Jorn made me feel like i am not just a Idiot ! with too much time on my hands

Dave
the car was excellent straight away last night
No failures , jumped perfect , excellerated better out of the corner
I personaly drove like a div as iam not too good on the brakes at the min as i nearly cut my thumb off b4 christmas and its still numb a bit
but Ed Kerry drove it and it looked amazing (very exciting to watch)
many thanks Dave
thanks for you interest

samd
25-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Wasn't the Ali brace used at the petit race to alter the rear end flex?
I have to say despite the current trend of running no weights on the standard car I like mine with the full weight pack on, maybe because it drives safer, works for me, I like the pendulum effect as well! ( only person that does! )

fastinfastout
07-02-2011, 07:19 AM
hi, bumping an old thread to get some info.

Do you know what the standard dex weight ratio is front/rear?

and you say your proto is 80grams heavier in the rear, so whats the ratio now?

I think alot of people think the dex is too light in the rear, and I'm hoping you can somehow find this chassis into production as I would be interested in trying it out.

excellent work on your other cars by the way.

Rebelrc
07-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Many thanks
That was a while ago and I can't for the life of me remember the stock weight distribution of the dex but I am sure someone will pitch in and help out but if not I will try to work it out for you
This car was only an ugly prototype made quickly as a test mule and it worked well but I never properly tested it . Maybe it's worth me digging it back out:thumbsup:
Many thanks for the complement about the other cars , which have you seen?

fastinfastout
07-02-2011, 08:11 AM
the bmax carbon one is nice.

Rebelrc
07-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Sorry fast I don't know your real name,
The carbon car looked nice and went well but was nasty to fit electrics too lol

Rebelrc
07-02-2011, 08:49 AM
since building the mid dex i have been using a standard car with a better set up and found it fine with no rear weight just the side durango ones and thicker front diff oil has helped keep the rear inline on our polished wood surface...thanks