PDA

View Full Version : Shock piston

KBRacing
24-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi
What shock piston can be used, beyond Ansmann stock piston to get the X-pro 2wd to jump over large jumps............

Battle_axe
25-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi
What shock piston can be used, beyond Ansmann stock piston to get the X-pro 2wd to jump over large jumps............
umm i dont know as i use the xprro pistons and the madrat pistons as they are different i would say tamiya ones should fit though

kaylon
25-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Losi XXX-CR, Team Associate B4, Kyosho, Tamiya...basically most 1:10th shocks will fit, some better then others without adjustments.

Your looking for 75mm front and 95mm rears or close to that.

AE factory shocks are £40 per pair, Losi run about the same, Tamiya are £84 for a set of 4. All work out to be about £80 for a full set.

The X pro shock set is £52 for a full set and are really quite good, they do compare well with the others.

You could try changing springs... all 1:10th brands should fit an X Pro shock set 55mm fronts 75mm rears.

Also when trying for big air.. remember to control you're decent with throttle as you are in the air...try for as flat a landing as possible.

No matter what shocks or car you have if you plough the front end or slap the rear end into a hard surface it's gonna cripple you somehow eventually :)

J

Battle_axe
25-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Losi XXX-CR, Team Associate B4, Kyosho, Tamiya...basically most 1:10th shocks will fit, some better then others without adjustments.

Your looking for 75mm front and 95mm rears or close to that.

AE factory shocks are £40 per pair, Losi run about the same, Tamiya are £84 for a set of 4. All work out to be about £80 for a full set.

The X pro shock set is £52 for a full set and are really quite good, they do compare well with the others.

You could try changing springs... all 1:10th brands should fit an X Pro shock set 55mm fronts 75mm rears.

Also when trying for big air.. remember to control you're decent with throttle as you are in the air...try for as flat a landing as possible.

No matter what shocks or car you have if you plough the front end or slap the rear end into a hard surface it's gonna cripple you somehow eventually :)

J
sorry kaylon he is talking about pistons he wants more pack so smaller holes/less holes

kaylon
25-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Ahhh sorry... I just tend to buy kits :)... it's not that I don't mind shopping around for bits and parts...but I tend to just buy full kits :D...even if it's just a rod gone, I'd still prolly buy a full shock set... I know I know..waste of money heheh.

I'll get more 'spares' intelligent eventually :)

J

Mabuchi_Johnson_Lee
27-02-2010, 12:45 AM
I am using TOP Racing Proton pistons