PDA

View Full Version : Stu Wood - National A final for Team oOple

jimmy
12-06-2007, 11:32 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/review501x/stu/bigstu.jpg

Stu Wood / Team oOple, put in a stellar performance at the weekend to put his Tamiya 501X in the A final at the BRCA National at Bury Metro. This is the first time a Tamiya has been seen in a UK National A final for many years - and was one of only three Tamiya 501X cars in attendance out of 120 drivers.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/review501x/stu/stuaction07.jpg

Despite some problems Stu managed a best qualifier of 3rd in round, and qualified 10th overall, finishing 7th after the three legged finals. Stu was the only independently sponsored driver in the A final.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/review501x/stu/stuaction03.jpg

jimmy
13-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Stu Wood Also made the A final with his newly dialled Kyosho Ultima RB5. The Kyosho Ultima is a new 2WD on the scene and Stu took on the oOple review car as a challenge for himself, to get the car to the top level - and that's exactly what Stu did - Qualifying 7th out of 130 of the UKs best drivers.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/woodyburyrb5.jpg

Using Atomic Carbon specially developed 4mm carbon fibre shock towers which allow the shocks more adjustments (which were used) and 'Woodys Wiz Bits' brass front bulkhead - Stu went on to develop a setup that finally felt 'right', and could compete with the very best.

Thanks must go to TheRacePlace.co.uk - for supplying the Kyosho initially for review, and supporting us with some parts to enable us to review and race this car at the top level.

Now the car has a good base setup we hope to see even more people take an interest in the car - as it was the ONLY Kyosho at the race meeting.

Andy Moore
13-06-2007, 03:16 AM
I know this is a little off topic, but when/where might I be able to get an oOple.com shirt? :)

jimmy
13-06-2007, 07:33 AM
PM sent! :)

ashleyb4
13-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Can i have one of them pm's jimmy i want a t-shirt to.

A

ashleyb4
13-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Also forgot to say well done stu its nice to see some new faces in the A with Chris Long And Craig Collinson. And also well done to Dan Greenwood For BQ i think the diffrence between him and chris for A 10 A BQ was very very close.

A

loose
13-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Well done to Stu, 2 A finals in new cars is impressive.

No offence to the mighty oople, but how come Stu didn't get picked up by any of the big teams, when he's obviously capable of running with the best of 'em.

Hope I haven't put my foot in it and there's no political can of worms in the background. You didn't run over Mr Losi's puppy or anything did you?

p.s. I dont want a t-shirt, less they're free, but its time you cracked on with name decals again. ;)

PaulRotheram
13-06-2007, 11:21 AM
cause oOple is better. :)

jimmy
13-06-2007, 12:30 PM
No offence to the mighty oople, but how come Stu didn't get picked up by any of the big teams, when he's obviously capable of running with the best of 'em.

Well I can't explain the reasons, but I can only say that Stu's a top driver and willing to put the work in - and he proved that this weekend.

loose
13-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Well I can't explain the reasons, but I can only say that Stu's a top driver and willing to put the work in - and he proved that this weekend.

Well its their loss and ooples gain cos he seems to be doing the business so far. You gonna be able to keep hold of him next year when Kyosho come in for him ;)

I reckon you should sponsor some complete plank who can barely drive and has no chance of being poached. I humbly volunteer. :p

jimmy
13-06-2007, 02:21 PM
LOL we already have me for that duty!

If stu gets a nice offer from someone then I'll be more than happy if I've helped him get that. We'll see.

telboy
13-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Are you gonig to teesside this w'kend jimmy?

And do you have some t'shirts that you can take to meetings with you?

I'd love one to go racing in, and not keep ruining my best shirts.

.....obviously the oOple shirt would then be my best shirt, but I'd be proud to wear it!:D ;)

Creeping over.:)

b4rs
13-06-2007, 05:07 PM
aye, i wouldnt mind one either! thnks

AndyM
13-06-2007, 05:54 PM
me2, and some name decals:D :)

ashleyb4
13-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Get to the back of the cue me and andy where first lol

We love you jimmy and we love oOple. And we love oOple t-shirts.:D

A

Col
13-06-2007, 11:03 PM
The reason you all want one is because they are exclusive. If everyone had one, then no-one would want one. It's a very fine balance of supply and demand. My advice to Jimmy - Keep 'em waiting and charge well over the odds to keep them exclusive!!;) ;)

PaulRotheram
13-06-2007, 11:09 PM
hahaha, i like it!

Indeed.. they are very exclusive. keep it that way man!

b4rs
14-06-2007, 07:30 AM
no thts a bad idea, jus ten more made, pleaeaeaeaeaeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase. :)

Northy
14-06-2007, 07:34 AM
The proper exclusive ones have your name on ;) ;) ;)

G

Stu
14-06-2007, 07:13 PM
And if you are very-very lucky they don't only big-up oOple's WWW - and are a special colour.