PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Harris Magnum
25-02-2010, 07:22 PM
My car is close to going in the bin!

Some of you will have seen the problems I was having with my car last week. The ESC and motor were ripped of out sent back to the shop - who tested them and sent them back saying they work perfectly.

So I've gone out and bought a 2.4 system, assuming that the problem must be interference or or a bad signal from the 27mhz system. In goes the receiver, connect up the servo and the ESC, adjust some of the settings so the servo knows which way I want to go. Seems okay so far. Throttle... nothing. Check settings on ESC, all ok. Reverse the ESC plug, nothing. Put ESC plug back original way, nothing.

The ESC is flashing red 8 times (Exceed Pro) but the manual does not tell me what that message if for. On other occasions it is a solid red light which seems to mean 'full throttle', so I have tried adjusting the trim to no avail.

Any suggestions from anyone before something gets modified with a lump hammer?

TonyM
25-02-2010, 07:36 PM
I had a similar problem when my sensor cable wasn't connected properly.

mattb
25-02-2010, 07:47 PM
My car is close to going in the bin!

Some of you will have seen the problems I was having with my car last week. The ESC and motor were ripped of out sent back to the shop - who tested them and sent them back saying they work perfectly.

So I've gone out and bought a 2.4 system, assuming that the problem must be interference or or a bad signal from the 27mhz system. In goes the receiver, connect up the servo and the ESC, adjust some of the settings so the servo knows which way I want to go. Seems okay so far. Throttle... nothing. Check settings on ESC, all ok. Reverse the ESC plug, nothing. Put ESC plug back original way, nothing.

The ESC is flashing red 8 times (Exceed Pro) but the manual does not tell me what that message if for. On other occasions it is a solid red light which seems to mean 'full throttle', so I have tried adjusting the trim to no avail.

Any suggestions from anyone before something gets modified with a lump hammer?if you need to try a new sensor wire mate i have one at home im in rochdale to??

chris_smith
25-02-2010, 08:03 PM
i had a similar problem , ended up changing the motor and everything turned out fine!

Harris Magnum
25-02-2010, 09:37 PM
if you need to try a new sensor wire mate i have one at home im in rochdale to??

It shouldn't be the sensor wire as Modelsport reckon they've tested it. I would appreciate trying another though to eliminate it. I'll drop you a PM.

johnnygibbon
26-02-2010, 12:04 PM
i have same system. try adjusting your throttle trim.i also have same radio gear i think. turn on tranny. turn on esc it should beep do ra do ra me. if it only beeps do ra and does not complete the full set of beeps adjust throttle trim click by click one way or another and it should complete its tune when at the correct neutral setting. pm me for my number if ya need. thanks:)

Harris Magnum
26-02-2010, 12:33 PM
i have same system. try adjusting your throttle trim.i also have same radio gear i think. turn on tranny. turn on esc it should beep do ra do ra me. if it only beeps do ra and does not complete the full set of beeps adjust throttle trim click by click one way or another and it should complete its tune when at the correct neutral setting. pm me for my number if ya need. thanks:)

Thanks Jonny I'll have another try tonight. I've just got the Core 2.4 system so thats a bit new to me too.

Harris Magnum
26-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Johnny you're my hero! I'm working again. See you at Denton if you're going Monday.

johnnygibbon
27-02-2010, 02:25 PM
no worries man. can you stop my truck tripping out. baffeled e very one so far.see ya on the track pal:thumbsup: