PDA

View Full Version : High traction surface (indoor track)

lynx75
25-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi All,

I'm just a litte bit puzzled about one setup thing on my B4 factory, I tested my B4 on a high traction track my B4 works fine and it's enough fast but the problem is located on the car front, the following thing happen:

when I want to accelerate out of the corner the car doesn't keep the correct exit line but it is tend to go out the track (understeer) and so I lose some important seconds.

Front Tyres: Schumacher Stagger yellow
Rear Tyres : Schumacher minipin Yellow

Front SPRING (color) brown
OIL 35 wt

Rear SPRING (color) black
OIL 30 wt

Any suggestions are appreciate.

Thank you a lot.

Big G
25-02-2010, 11:26 PM
I have very little experience with the B4 having only got one 2 weeks ago, but my 1st guess would be the springs. black/brown are really soft. I'd start with silver/silver and go from there.

if you're still pushing on power try a ARB on the back, stand the shocks up more (rear), 30 degree carriers on the front.

I'll be racing mine tomorrow on carpet so I'll get a better idea from that.

Col
26-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Blue springs front, silver springs rear and minipins all round.

ian h
26-02-2010, 02:00 AM
Mini pins up front should sort you out, If your rear tyres are brand new I have found staggers to be a little understeery at first, Once they wear in a bit you should your steering normalises as your front to back grip levels balance a bit. +1 for the blue and silver springs, Also brass bulkhead if you're not already using one.

lynx75
27-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks to you all for the suggestions, I'll try these changes in the next 2 weeks and I'll back to you.

Thank you so much.
:D:D

Big G
27-02-2010, 11:32 PM
I tried mine last night. silver/silver springs and it was very understeery on power. I guess that's normal going straight from 4wd?

generally it handled really well. the high speed corners were a little scary lol. jumping it was spot on. very easy to land on the downslopes and it flew very well with only the 18g rymart rear bulkhead (lipo)

I know in 4wd if you want more on power steering you harden the rear up. isn't that the case with 2wd? I was only running a 16x3 on 20/81 lol