PDA

View Full Version : Help on car spinning after jumps!

dex410usa
04-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Hello,
I have a small problem my car spins out if i slightly turn and gas after a jump. Is it my driving or is it the setup? I have the full weights set in the back i was going to try removing some weights and see if it helps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! oops its a dex410 by the way

jayst
04-03-2010, 04:56 AM
maybe try takin the weights of the back

Diesel
04-03-2010, 06:14 AM
I assume that all the drive train as been cheked to make sure that wishbones, and turnbukle are really mooving free...
I control it regularly removing the up screw of the shocks.
It happens to me that some wishbone shaft where slitely bended.

- If you don't use antiroll bar in the rear you can add it, if you use 1,3mm you can try the 1,5 mm.

- If you prefer you can also use stronger rear diff oil.

If anyway it is still difficult to improve you can chek weight balance on each weels to make sure there is not 30 grams difference...

http://www.imagefacile.com/img/lwjff_pic_0047.jpg (http://www.imagefacile.com/)

I hope it will help you...

dex410usa
04-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Thank you very much i will check everything.

DaSloth
04-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Something i found on my car, was that rear driveshaft had a pin move slightly further out one side than another (where it goes into the diff) so when the car was landing it would stick a little and cause it to spin, might be worth checking that too.

HyperFX
04-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Check to see if the rear of the chassis is hitting the ground when you land. If it is:
You can try increasing the rear shock oil wt by 5 or 10.
It's a simple adjustment, that is easily reversed, if it doesn't help.

reg
04-03-2010, 07:34 AM
i had this problem,the pin had moved a worn a groove in the dif out put,as the car landed the pin got stuck in the grove instead of sliding in and out as the suspention went down as it landed,it just pitched the car round,all sorted now :thumbsup:

Diesel
04-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Thank you very much i will check everything.

No problem,

I also remembered an important think to check :

Setting up the rear droop, make sure that :

1) driveshaft boot don't touch rear wishbones.
This happen when using inner position of the shock position.

2) That wheels touch the ground in the same time while lifting up the car.

I hope didn't forget anythink else :blush: