PDA

View Full Version : Transponder helppppppppppppppp

yorkie
04-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi Guys and Gals (old yorkie) here, After Wednesday evenings transponder frustration I have been searching fior personal transponders for my grandson (reckless) Sam and myself. I have managed to locate the following MRT PTX AMB with 20 reserve numbers the cost is 54.99.each.

Has anyone got the above and can recomend it or do you know of any other that would be more suitable, bearing in mind I am trying to keep the cost down, After all I am from Yorkshire (Gods Country) (maybe I will have to keep my head down next week after that comment)and have Scottish blood in my veins, Is it possible for both of us to use the same transponder providing we are in different heats?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards Dave (old yorkie) and (reckless) Sam :confused:

jordan1
04-03-2010, 01:08 PM
hi yorkie, talk to edd or les kerry as they are mrt distrubotors through there shop.(xtreame-rc.biz) they will be able to sort you out with the right transponder at the right price
jordan

whissstle
04-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Yorkie,
Tom & I have MRT Transponders from Edd & Les. Far smaller than others, cheaper and easy to install/set up.
xtreme-rc.biz 01304 374742.

We also like to support our club's local supplier!

Andy

yorkie
04-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi Andy, Looks like I will be in touch with Ed and Les regarding purchasing a couple of transponders, Many thanks for your reply , it looks like this may be the way forward albiet a costly one, Being a Yorkshire man with Scottish blood I will find a nice little private area to have a :cry: when I have to prize my wallet open,
Cor that was a stroke of luck, her indoors has just read this and has offered to buy one of the two so that's great news I wont need a large hankerchief after all

Regards Dave (old yorkie):D and (Recklass) Sam:thumbsup:

brooksy
04-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Hi Yorkie,I would also highly recommend the MRT transponder. It's very small and I would say it's the best 45 quid I've spent on rc cars.(I'm a Yorkshire-man aswell:p). No more reaming big holes in the wing or body,or having to rush to put a race control transponder in your car then having to rush to take it back and then go and marshall.

reelman_fishing
04-03-2010, 10:42 PM
+1 from me. my son runs one never missed a beat:thumbsup::thumbsup:

B&H Racing
04-03-2010, 10:47 PM
We also like to support our club's local supplier!

I sent a Pm to Yorkie mentioning Les & Ed straight after he post.

I agree Andy, I think its good buying from local clubs and especially ones associated with the club.

And you don`t have to pay postage :thumbsup:

yorkie
05-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi Guys. Well, I didn't expect quite the response I got, it was great having so many of you passing on your reccomendations. Mind great club, great people I should have known I would have had loads of help, roll on Wednesday when hopefully we will have our new toys and we can try them out.

I have now been in touch with Ed and Les who will with luck have the transponders for the next Wednesday evening,

So many thanks to all of you for your help

Dave (yorkie) and (Recklass) Sam

xtreme-rc
05-03-2010, 09:48 PM
hi,
we have spoken to terry at mrt today and the transponders will be with you on wednesday night no problem. also we will be keeping a stock of the transponders at the shop for anybody else
ed