PDA

View Full Version : ZX-5 aluminum arm braces

Scouser
18-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Well managed to break two more arm braces during racing yesterday! I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the aluminum replacement ones from and whether or not they were any good? I saw the full set on ebay a while back but they have since disappeared. Any info greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Jon.

jim76
18-06-2007, 11:13 AM
kyosho do their own front alloy brace. the guy on ebay did a full set but apparently the aluminium was of poor quality front what i heard.

you should only really need the front one anyway.

JCJC
18-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Pretty sure John at Model Images/Race Place has one in his Kyosho box.

Scouser
18-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I have the Kyosho front brace fitted but I am breaking the rear ones now. Yesterday saw the end of two dogbones, one hinge pin and a shock top all as a result of the braces breaking (one rear brace rear bulkhead and one front brace rear bulkhead). I remember seeing the full alloy set with all the toe-in options on ebay but I was unsure of their quality, as Jim says, seemingly poor!! Just not sure what the best course of action is.:confused: (apart from crash less!!)

flick5848
18-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I have probably miss understood you here but is this the kind of thing you are looking for ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Traxxas-Rustler-Stampede-front-aluminum-turnbuckles_W0QQitemZ300113842461QQihZ020QQcategor yZ44028QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Scouser
18-06-2007, 04:15 PM
No I have no problem with the turnbuckles, the issues I am having are with the bits that the hingepins and ball sockets fit into to hold the a-arm on. I have the front ali one but wondered if anyone knew where I could get ali ones for the rest of the car. The ebay ones have gone and there doesn't seem to be any aftermarket ones available through the normal outlets. If I remember correctly the ebay ones were available in different colours aswell!! (blue, silver or orange I think)

JCJC
18-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Nope, they still exist, try

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kyosho-ZX-5-ZX5-PN-Alm-Arm-Holder-Full-Set_W0QQitemZ280124652706QQihZ018QQcategoryZ34063Q QcmdZViewItem

also look at sellers other items to buy separately, I think its possible to mount the front brace upside down as the leading rear brace.:) :)

SimonW
18-06-2007, 05:53 PM
You could do wot i did and fit the tf5 stallion (ally) pin blocks as they are adjustable with little plastic blocks, and red. Got the front blue kyosho one though

Scouser
18-06-2007, 06:33 PM
JC, you sir are a legend. Those are exactly the jobbies, cheers.
Nice tip on the stallion braces aswell, never really thought of that.

KyoshoK
19-06-2007, 04:13 AM
those toe plates wear out after a little while. the aluminium is cheap.

i have tweaked a D plate aswell.

i now use plastic in the rear and the kyosho Alumn D plate in the front.

DanW
19-06-2007, 02:21 PM
The aly front brace is a must.

I don't know what to say if you are breaking the other mounts, if you replace them with aly, then maybe you will crack the chassis in a crash?

I've had some big crashes , and with the aly brace the weak point now seems to be the hubs. So far I've broken front and rear hubs, but never the pivot mounts.