PDA

View Full Version : Pro vs 'R'

b4pete
11-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Who of the Pro owners are peeved that the cheaper 'R' version comes with things like 2mm drive pins and the CVD collar to protect your batteries?
The purpose of this poll is for people to show if as a collective they think that these 'reliability upgrades' should be made available at a discount to existing 'Pro' owners.

Alex H
11-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah, and I have confirmation from TD that they are reviewing the next batch of DEX410F(ull spec). Will include the new cvds and lipo holder.

I would go Full spec

Lonestar
11-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I have neither version... but I voted no just so the folks who are wealthy enough to have bought a Pro get PO'ed... :p

Paul

(damn it's been a while since I felt so enthusiastic about a car... I know what I want for my birthday...)

reg
11-03-2010, 12:54 PM
im not,if you look at the smaller picture then i can see people will be,but the bigger picture is it all adds up to a long lasting development,i think what might happen is people might not just go out and buy a new top spec kit,like the 2wd kit,if however they give out the new bits like the 2mm updates then people will buy it knowing they wont have to then pay to upgrade the top spec car when the "r" comes out

Bungleaio
11-03-2010, 01:10 PM
The thinking behind a competion machine, especially one that is fairly expensive is that it's not going to be bought by a first time racer so compromises can be made which will sacrifice durability but offer maximum performance from the car.

The fact that durango have introduced a kit which is still high quality but with a cheaper price tag means it will be looked at by a wider and less experienced audience, they have seen feedback on the exisiting driveshafts so have done something to make them stronger.

So far I've only had a couple of trips out with my 410 but I haven't experienced any problems so far but I have planned on replacing the pins every few meetings anyway. This is a full on race car, to expect no maintenace to the drivetrain bespecially with todays levels of power would be absurd.

Should they offer a discount to owners of the full fat car? I don't think they should, I'm pretty sure schumacher aren't doing a deal for cat SX owners and Xfactory didn't do anything for x6 owners when the squared came out.

I think I will be getting hold of a set with the 2mm pins in due course but until then I will continue to use the existing ones.

ETA - It would show real commitment to their drivers if Durango did offer an upgrade discount but they shouldn't feel obliged to.

b4pete
11-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Should they offer a discount to owners of the full fat car? I don't think they should, I'm pretty sure schumacher aren't doing a deal for cat SX owners and Xfactory didn't do anything for x6 owners when the squared came out.

I think I will be getting hold of a set with the 2mm pins in due course but until then I will continue to use the existing ones.

Im on about a few pins and a collar NOT THE FULL FEKKING CAR MAN!!

Also the cars above you mention are UPGRADES from their predecessors, not supposed 'downgrades' for want of a better word.

b4pete
11-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I have neither version... but I voted no just so the folks who are wealthy enough to have bought a Pro get PO'ed... :p

Paul

(damn it's been a while since I felt so enthusiastic about a car... I know what I want for my birthday...)

Why do you feel you can vote if you dont own one?

Bungleaio
11-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Im on about a few pins and a collar NOT THE FULL FEKKING CAR MAN!!

Also the cars above you mention are UPGRADES from their predecessors, not supposed 'downgrades' for want of a better word.

It's not just the pins is it, you need the shafts, bushes and axels if you want to change to 2mm pins.

I know the cars I mentioned are the next incarnation of the models but they aren't exactly a million miles away from the cars they replace.

b4pete
11-03-2010, 01:50 PM
This isnt a replacement car though is it?
Its supposed to be a budget version.

Chris Doughty
11-03-2010, 01:57 PM
it is a different car though isn't it, its got a different part number and a different name.

a Poll like this will always be a little bias, if you offered me the choice of having something at full price or having a discount I'd choose the discount every single time, I don't think I know anyone that wouldn't

Bungleaio
11-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Exactly it's a budget version hence it will probably won't be maintained as often as someone who is prepared to pay almost twice as much for basically the same car.

At least there will be alternatives available if you should so wish. Like I said I've had no issues with mine so I'm in no rush to have stronger ones but it's nice to have the option.

fmo
11-03-2010, 02:05 PM
I get the feeling something is wrong in this discussion...

Buy a car, build it properly, be satisfied with what you've got.
There will always be something better, bigger, cheaper. So what...?

t8rtot
11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I always the exclusiveness of the durango (its price) made it a special car, I have no problem the R version but kinda makes you wander if it was worth buying at twice the price.. the 'upgrade path' looks very similar to tamiyas blue bling, not always necessary but looks pretty sexy.. if the price was maybe 1o0 or so less then I couldn't mind, but from a business stand point gerd is going to be very successful

DaSloth
11-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I voted No, as i've had no issues with the pins so far </touches lots of wood>

I use heat shrink for the covers and i dont have a problem with the width of the pins. I wouldnt want it discounted, i'd want it free (Like xray did) if it were going to happen, but i dont expect it to and dont think it should be done.

the upgraded drives shafts should simply be "another part" and as part of that kit it should include everything needed.

deepdale11
11-03-2010, 03:03 PM
I always the exclusiveness of the durango (its price) made it a special car, I have no problem the R version but kinda makes you wander if it was worth buying at twice the price.. the 'upgrade path' looks very similar to tamiyas blue bling, not always necessary but looks pretty sexy.. if the price was maybe 1o0 or so less then I couldn't mind, but from a business stand point gerd is going to be very successful

Yeah I am with you on the exclusiveness (it's price) it did make it a special car....now i feel its been cheapened and if both were available at the start I would of gone for the "R"

JohnM
11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I've voted no, as I've not had any problems with mine since getting it in September, apart from the pins coming out a couple of times early on, before I biult them correctly.

As for the R having 2mm pins, I dare say it will be a running change on the full fat version as well, so it won't be like the cheaper car is getting better stuff, it's only those of us who have the early cars that will have to buy new shafts, if they want to.

It's normal for things to evolve as time goes on.

Pete, maybe you'd like to start complaining that the metal shock towers have extra holes in, and maybe the R owners will be able to run set ups you can't;)

annonymous
11-03-2010, 03:37 PM
I have no problem with the new parts on the R. They have to make the change sometime, so they may as well put it on this car also. It shows they make stuff soooo well release top notch stuff that the newest most cutting edge parts they released are on the BUDGET car. I am really excited for the R - they sacrificed none of the awesome quality parts the make the DE410 what it is, only using cheaper materials in non key points to get the price down. (same bullet-proof drivetrain, Same plastic material, Same adjustability, Same suspension)

lets see associated drop something like this!:woot:

ryanlownie
11-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Who of the Pro owners are peeved that the cheaper 'R' version comes with things like 2mm drive pins and the CVD collar to protect your batteries?
The purpose of this poll is for people to show if as a collective they think that these 'reliability upgrades' should be made available at a discount to existing 'Pro' owners.

Not fussed at all that the new parts are included in the latest model It'd make sense to get them on there right away instead of letting people get upgrades or have to purchase them at a later date....

...that leads me to the next bit. The new drive shafts and pins should be available to all current DEX410 owners at a discounted cost. It's happened with 1/8 rallycross over the years, cars such as the RC8 for example had an upgrade pack released after the car was released and owners of the buggy received this for free. I don't expect the Durango parts to be given out to current owners but will happily pay for them at a discounted rate.

Yes you could go onto the whole if it's built right the problems aren't there issue. But why develop new driveshafts if they are not needed.

BagofSkill
11-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I am one of the people who does thing the upgrades should be made available to people that already own the original car.

The fact is that a signigifcant number of people have had issues with the original small pins, even if others haven't. The fact that Durango have chosen to change this spec is an acknowledgement that the original parts aren't quite up to the job. Otherwise they wouldn't have done it. It's also very telling to me that '2.0mm' is now etched on every bone, thus making 2.0mm pins a saleable feature.

Everyone understands that kits progress during production, bu it is gauling for some of the people who have paid BIG bucks for the most expensive 1/10 kit in history (excluding the 511 from some outlets which came later anyway) to have it superceeded by a budget model. It was in fact these original buyers that did the R&D to find the weakness, but they won't see the benefit without shellling out more £££ on upgrades.

Seeing as it's everyone who bought the original kit that has given durango the capital to build their business up (with the 408 and 410R) then it really would be good PR for durango to offer either a 2.0 pin conversion kit at cost price to people who can prove thier kit number.

If it was a new super premium kit that has 2.0, then maybe it's ok, but the fact that it's the cheaper base model little brother is a bit hard to take when you've shelled out the big cash on the real deal that was marketed as the ultimate racing machine.

The argument that it's a precision racing car and so stuff is close the the edge is ok for Formula 1, but very few of the cars out there are driven and maintained by the top 26 in the world. Most of them are raced at club level by enthusiasts who expect their kit to be durable enough to do an entire race day without maintenance.

This is not unprecedented. I bought a new TC last year and even though the team drivers had ok'd it and production had started, alot of mortals found the front spool diff outputs were breaking. The company then upgraded all kits and sent the new outputs FOC to any of the original owners that asked.
Look at recalls on full sized cars. It's only a couple of Toytas that have crashed but they're doing a full recal on every car that might be affected. These are just the facts of selling products.

Bottom line, I think Durango should help out the people that got them off the ground, even if they don't have to.

gazbaz2
11-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I’ve had 2 pins snap on me, its 1 of those things, and it doesn’t bother me that the R version has the 2mm 1s, I will just buy the upgrade at my cost no probs, after all its my hobby I cant see an issue about it, and why there is a poll about it is really beyond me, car gets developed, comes out for the public to buy, develops an upgrade then its up2 the public if they want the upgrade or not "simplessss" when the B44 first came out there was an issue with the top decks, the ball studs to close to the edge which made it a weak point on the car, Associated didn’t send every1 who bought the car an upgraded version at a discount price, people just bought the upgrade and replaced it, again "simplessss":thumbsup:

frogger
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
You buy the first of anything you have to expect that there might be a few teething problems and possible updates. That's just how life goes. You don't have to buy the first of anything, you could have waited for the updated version. But as Doughty rightly points out and if I was in your shoes I would also want it to be cheaper. :D

Bagman
11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Just out of interest how much do people think the new 2mm parts will cost? They surely can't be too much. Is the 2mm stuff the only thing we've got a problem with? If it is then I'm not so worried. I'd have quite liked the R to have a plastic chassis or cheaper shocks to make it more obviously the R.

fmo
11-03-2010, 05:15 PM
This is the amusing nature of the Internet. Someone posts a product announcement, stating availability end of somewhen in the future and us impatient people immediately start asking "when will it be available"...
Now this future available product sports some nice features which have not even been announced as a separate available product and we start discussing its price...

The only thing one can tell for sure is that when the driveshafts will be made available they will have a prize.

It's about time that this long icy winter is over and our tracks emerge from the snow. :)

BagofSkill
11-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Just out of interest how much do people think the new 2mm parts will cost? They surely can't be too much.

Based on current pricing for the std kit, a full 2.0 conversion set would retail at £90.46. This could drop to 57.76 if you got a 2mm drill bit instead of new wheel axles and F/R primary drive shafts.

b4pete
11-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Based on current pricing for the std kit, a full 2.0 conversion set would retail at £90.46. This could drop to 57.76 if you got a 2mm drill bit instead of new wheel axles and F/R primary drive shafts.

Exactly, thats nearly half the cost of this 'base' car!!!!

Col
11-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I always the exclusiveness of the durango (its price) made it a special car

Yeah I am with you on the exclusiveness (it's price)

There is nothing exclusive about the Durango. There were more of them at York than B44's last time I raced...

b4pete
11-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I’ve had 2 pins snap on me, its 1 of those things, and it doesn’t bother me that the R version has the 2mm 1s, I will just buy the upgrade at my cost no probs, after all its my hobby I cant see an issue about it, and why there is a poll about it is really beyond me, car gets developed, comes out for the public to buy, develops an upgrade then its up2 the public if they want the upgrade or not "simplessss" when the B44 first came out there was an issue with the top decks, the ball studs to close to the edge which made it a weak point on the car, Associated didn’t send every1 who bought the car an upgraded version at a discount price, people just bought the upgrade and replaced it, again "simplessss":thumbsup:

Right gaz, you buy a brand new top spec RM250 for £6k or whatever, a few people have had issues with gear pedal coming loose and the clutch sticking a bit, it happened to you a couple of times but you just tightned the pedal and wd-40'd the cable. A few months later the bring out a budget version for £3k with fixes for the above issues included.
Would you be pissed?

Alfonzo
11-03-2010, 06:29 PM
There is nothing exclusive about the Durango. There were more of them at York than B44's last time I raced...

The exclusive club will be populated by anything NOT from Durango :woot:

fmo
11-03-2010, 06:36 PM
It is like working on Macs since mid 80s, feeling very different for a long time and now waking up as part of a consumer crowd.

Who cares? If it was this what it is all about you'd be lost anyway. If it is about who drives the fastest laps consistently in fair races it doesn't matter how exclusive your gear might be...

b4pete
11-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Im shit anyway, so it doesnt matter really, I just feel like I have had my pants pulled down-not by a woman. Lol

HyperFX
11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Wow.

People can own an amazing Team Durango DEX410, and whine like wussies about upgrades on a damn near budget car? Really?
Suck it up, the world owes you nothing.

I got a great deal! And you did, too!

gazbaz2
11-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Right gaz, you buy a brand new top spec RM250 for £6k or whatever, a few people have had issues with gear pedal coming loose and the clutch sticking a bit, it happened to you a couple of times but you just tightned the pedal and wd-40'd the cable. A few months later the bring out a budget version for £3k with fixes for the above issues included.
Would you be pissed?

lol right
A. its not a motorbike
B. it didnt cost £6k

gazbaz2
11-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow.

People can own an amazing Team Durango DEX410, and whine like wussies about a upgrades on a damn near budget car? Really?

you knocked the nail right on the head there:thumbsup:

B4 Sloth
11-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Wow.

People can own an amazing Team Durango DEX410, and whine like wussies about a upgrades on a damn near budget car? Really?

The Dex stirred up a storm. So many, including myself waited for its development in various guises over time. The release of the car saw instant success in various high profile races, with club members also very happy with their expensive purchases.

I, like many looked on, wishing to have one for myself. I race whenever I can but not anywhere near as often as i like:( This cheaper version offers many the chance to drive a brilliant car where they would otherwise not have.:thumbsup:
For these pennies, Durago have made a bold market winning move. Good luck to them.

I for one will be joining them as soon as I can.

b4pete
11-03-2010, 08:29 PM
lol right
A. its not a motorbike
B. it didnt cost £6k

It doesn't matter what it is or how much it cost, its the principle of the matter that is the same.

gazbaz2
11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
well put it this way, if they do give the upgrades at a discount price great, if not so be it, i wont lose any sleep over it, cos my car is spot on

b4pete
11-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I wont loose any sleep either Gaz, but some people have had more issues than others, even after 'building them properly'. The purpose of this poll is to show there are consumers out there that want this.

gazbaz2
11-03-2010, 08:50 PM
whatever matey knock ya self out

b4pete
11-03-2010, 08:59 PM
No thanks, I still hurt from last week.

andys
11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
I've not got a Durango as it was just too Damn expensive.
I like the look of the 'r' and will buy one.
I'm totally with anyone who feels Durango should supply the new 2.0mm pins etc at a discounted price, the originals weren't up to the job. Why else would they change them?

Personally i'd be well miffed if i'd spent £450 large then the company bring out a budget version shortly after that addresses all the problems with my 'pro' kit. The very least they could do is offer me an upgrade path at a discounted price.

gazbaz2
11-03-2010, 09:13 PM
No thanks, I still hurt from last week.

Lol yeah right

telboy
11-03-2010, 09:25 PM
The thing is, people are making such a big issue of somthing that can happen on any car. Its just that some people are getting a bit moody because of the price they paid for the full fat version.

At the end of the day, is a completely new car, that is bound to be improved on as things get tested. And in on way, the R version could be a better car, but when the original is built properly there shouldn't be too many issues.

People buy £400 tamiyas and don't think twice to spending another £200+ on parts to 'upgrade' them!
The DEX is all there, it just needed a few bits improving (which is why Team Durango appreciate our input). So personally I don't see any problem.
:D

mark christopher
11-03-2010, 10:19 PM
The thing is, people are making such a big issue of somthing that can happen on any car. Its just that some people are getting a bit moody because of the price they paid for the full fat version.

At the end of the day, is a completely new car, that is bound to be improved on as things get tested. And in on way, the R version could be a better car, but when the original is built properly there shouldn't be too many issues.

People buy £400 tamiyas and don't think twice to spending another £200+ on parts to 'upgrade' them!
The DEX is all there, it just needed a few bits improving (which is why Team Durango appreciate our input). So personally I don't see any problem.
:D
and what size pins are in ur drive shafts Tel :confused: confess and lets ee why you dont see a problem...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

blackstring
14-03-2010, 03:52 AM
I have the 1.5 pins and haven't had a single problem with them since I built them. However I had some other issues that was head scratching. Rear axle pins coming out, servo saver shaft and arms, bearings are total crap, and now it seems my whole front end is bending back from nose-diving too many times.

Now I'm happy with TD replacing the rear axles for free. But to update everyones cars with the new tricks at discount or for free? Thats absurd. I believe the new car is worth the price because I guarantee that the most popular broken parts on the R will be inner hinge pin holders, castor blocks and bent shock towers. Thats $170 of the $300 difference right there. I know what made it worth buying the full spec kit over waiting for the R. Even if I was buying one in April, I'd still pick the top o' da line.

What I am upset about is that they included gear diffs. Buying the R you are definitely getting a deal there. I was hoping they would come out will ball diffs so I could use them as a tuning option. Some of the guys running the Short Course trucks are finding by switching back to ball diffs for loose conditions smooths out the truck. I don't even run oil anymore, only gear grease.

chris68nufc
15-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Im a bit gutted that i may have to upgrade my Durango with £90+ bits just to get it to finish a race after spending so much on it to start.
Fair enough, if you buy a car like a Tamiya and then spend £200+ on mods to make your car better, thats your choice, but as far as im aware the 2mm pins on the driveshafts of the Durango have no performance enhancing qualities, just that they may last longer?

I, personally have had very little problems with my Durango however i think that Durango should offer the upgrade kit as a good will gesture at cost price.

Some people will moan about anything but on this note i think they are entitled to a whinge on.
Durango seem a very good company and im sure that they will be doing something behind the scenes for the people that have made their business a business.

one
18-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Obviously the 1.5 pins weren't up to the job, so they have changed them to 2mm.

There might be some hand on groin gifted by god mechanics out there who've had no problems. Fact is many many people have had pins fail whilst racing. Which sucks.

One local racer's 410 caught fire because the pin came out (heat-shrink mod too), wore through the lipo case and lipo. Not fun.

It would only be fair for Team Durango to offer these revised parts for cost. Why not offer the discount, be fair about it and keep happy the customers who supported the business from launch. Selling for cost wouldn't cost them any money, just lost profit.

After all, should TD really be profiting from people having to up-grade TD's design issue?

If TD do the discount or offer even better, all guys on this board who want to pay full price, should be given the option hand over the extra cash to TD. Happy days :thumbsup:

AmiSMB
18-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I had some drive pins go very early on and I looked into the issue myself and found that I could buy some steel rod and make my own so there really was not a problem. I also have found that I can use the MIP pins or even the drive pins that Northy makes and use them in the CVD and these work an absolute treat. I think that the early pins were a problem but I still have one that is no problem on the car at all. I have ran the car alot now and the only failure whilst running that I have had was the pins early on which I sorted and the bearings due to the crunch spacers which was easily sorted and then the servo saver cracked but I was going hard at the time! I like the car and I have owned many cars over many years and this one certainly has the least number of issues of them all.

paul01ews
18-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Right here goes,
I can see both sides here, i have two cars for my son's so to upgrade the parts will cost me another £200.00.
The Dex410's have cost me around £1,200.00 with the spare parts and i am starting to wonder if it not all getting a little out of hand cost wise?
I think it will come down to racers budjet's and this effecting there views, being one to like a deal i would be happy to see a price reduction for the upgrade but we do live in the real world.

BUT... we have not had any issues to date and the car has given my eldest son the confidence to get better results so far..

Only my view anyway, W..:thumbsup:

littlejohn
18-03-2010, 10:50 PM
One local racer's 410 caught fire because the pin came out (heat-shrink mod too), wore through the lipo case and lipo. Not fun.

I'd like to clarify this a little further. The chappy who this happened to had lost 2 TD 1.5 pins prior to this and was forced to cut the shank of a drill bit to make up a drive pin so he could finish his race day. In doing so he wasn't able to grind the sharp bits off and this is what allowed this ghetto pind to cut thru the heatshrink (2 layers of it.)

He is now using a cut down heavy duty body clip from a monster tuck with heatshrnk and it seems to be holding up ok..

Back on topic, I'll agree with everyone else that there are inherent problems with the DEX410, but I've yet to come across any car that is perfect.
The DEX410 is by far the best 1/10 I've own even with all it's problems. It is almost a durable as my Losi 8ight, and this alone makes the price of admission worthwhile as it hasa allowed more time on the track then time wrenching. I've been able to do race after race after race without any wrenching. This is the other extreme from my B44, which I would be lucky to run through more than a pack without somethign going wrong.

I'm glad the R version is coming out, because I can see that by the time it's due to hit the shelves, I will be needing to replace a few things due to wear. So I"m thining combining both versions will make the ultimate ed. DEX410 ;)

Cheers
LJ

fifi
19-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Do you know what spur on the 410r? 87?

Rikus
19-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Hey one thing all off you who bought the Durango DEX410 would agree thats an amazing car bud its a new car and it still have little problems. Then the people moan its to expensive and thay can't fit it in thair budget. Then people moan of the little problem that the car have

I lost a lipo because or the rear cvd pin that came out thats is my problem because I bought the car and that is part of racing and the sport

Now that Durango brought out a cheaper car that seems its going to be just as good as the pro car,and sort out the problems on the car.The people still moan.

We are all racers and we have the knowlidge to fix our own car promlems so rather thank durango for kissing the recers feet and doing what is ask from them and stop moaning of what thay don't do.

littlened
19-03-2010, 10:00 AM
It's a bit like Apple reducing the price of their computers so they are more accessible to people will lower budgets. The people with the lower budgets are over the moon, but the people who in the past have shelled out a fortune on a Mac would be a little pissed as they lose the bragging rights.

I love the look of the DEX410, and have wanted one since i first saw it, but the price was always too high. The fact they're releasing a budget version is perfect for me, and I can't wait for the 'R' the be released.

TD have been pretty clever I reckon. Build an absolute brilliant strong car, let people buy it and race it for a while. Find out from their customers what the most common problems are, what's likely to break the most etc, then release a new version which costs cut on those items that are not deemed necessary.

As for the pins, I suppose it's one of those things, but A discount on the new parts for existing owners would certainly help build upon TD's already great reputation.

nitrokillah
19-03-2010, 10:20 AM
I'd go for the pro without hesitation .
& get the new 2mm shafts .
would probably want to try out the flex control side rails to

It's funny though .
If Durango had first release the car with the 2mm shaft and then put the " R " version out with the old/ smaller shafts ; you'd all still be srcewing about how they put the new optional part out in the "R" ...

Sometimes there is just no pleasing people . :eh?:

BagofSkill
19-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Jebus! People are getting so caught up in the R! Forget the R for a minute!

The facts are these:
*New shipments of the real deal DEX have 2.0mm pins
*TD have made a big deal about it by lazer etching every part 2.0mm.
*Lot's of people have had problems, many people haven't

Some of us who bought one of the first 750 odd of the most expensive and best engineered 1/10 4wd in history are feeling a bit hard done by because when you buy a car like this, that has been developed over years, for this much cash, you don't want 'teething problems'.

The new pin spec that is standard on both models is an admission by TD that the 1.5mm pins are not up to the job or customer expectations. A cost price retrofit would be welcomed by the majority of people who've voted in the poll. The silence of TD on this issue probably means it's not happening.

The computer analogy is flawed. The old pins haven't been superceeded by a new model with newer tech. They have been found faulty and replaced.

If you bought a brand new big car with CVD's that snapped regularly, and then the manufactuer made a running change, but refused to recall or hounour the warrenty on your own car you'd be asking some questions wouldn't you?

maxoo
19-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Personnaly, I would like a free upgrade like Xray offered a free set of 34/20T pulleys for owners of T2'008 EU kits :thumbsup:

mark christopher
19-03-2010, 06:20 PM
from another thread

there are some build tips on the durango blog (site)
i built mine "properly" and have had no problems, which seems to be the general feeling

also not many elec offroaders have experience off building a gear diff and filling/sealing it correctly.

search on here for dave g drive shaft tip, and keep em lubed up

another tip is to make sure the slipper has some give, as this takes the knocks, not the pins

im a bit disapointed that the pins are being enlarged on the drive shafts in the R and later kits and exsisting owners wont be offered an upgrade pack tho. as they are after all being upgraded to make them more reliable, not as a performance advantage!

Mark,
like you posted if they are built correctly, they don't fail.
So us releasing the 2.0mm CVD set is a performance upgrade.
As for offering upgrade kits, you may be a bit previous in stating we aren't offering upgrades for current customers, it's something we are discussing.
But you seem to know better! Or you need to re-read your posts with your good eye before posting!
;)

JohnM
19-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Personnaly, I would like a free upgrade like Xray offered a free set of 34/20T pulleys for owners of T2'008 EU kits :thumbsup:

I might be wrong, but I get the feeling a set of pulleys don't cost as much as 3 pairs of driveshafts.

maxoo
19-03-2010, 07:06 PM
maybe, but I think It was for more of 700 kits...

melanie
19-03-2010, 08:27 PM
We are all racers so if u get a problem solve it stop putting the blame on TD they are trying the best they can to solve all the small problems I have kit 00001 and have run the car std for a long time and haven't had any problems with drive pins or ball cups yes I got the new ball cup just in case but still run the std car rather praise them on what they have done so far with what they got and stop all this baby nonsense about a little very nice rc car It's like Martin Achter said @ the world's u don't have to buy the car so stop complaining about the price of the car.:thumbsup: