PDA

View Full Version : zx5 rear hubs etc

paulc
24-06-2007, 07:49 AM
hi all
just being looking at the rear hubs on my zx5 and was wondering what differance it would make to the handling if i was to move them up or down on the bottom where the hinge pin slides through as there ar three positions for it to go at the moment it is set in the middle but the holes are alittle bit worn and ther is abit of play

also i was looking at the ball joints and cups and there alittle worn too i have been looking at replacing them aswell i am using associated ball joints with rpm ball cups is it worth spending more cash and getting the titanium ball joints and which ones to go for or just sticking with the standard ones

cheers paul:)

bretts
25-06-2007, 10:15 AM
paul

from what I can see these holes can effect the amount of droop the back wheels have. i've tried them all and gone back to the middle hole, couldn't tell any difference, but what do I know!!!

I got some new ball cups which were the same as the kit ones cos they're dirt cheap, but I have seen people with white losi ones on.

All depends on personal preference at the end of the day. I don't think i'd go much faster with titanium balls.:D

Brett

KyoshoK
26-06-2007, 01:37 AM
the stock cups are awesome, when you hear them snap on, u know they fit great

omen1975
26-06-2007, 03:30 AM
I use the bottom hole and no limiters in the rear shocks, seems to work great.

Hope this helps.
omen1975

Mr X
26-06-2007, 04:10 AM
I use the bottom hole and no limiters in the rear shocks, seems to work great.

Hope this helps.
omen1975

what are the track conditions you race on? and do you notice some sort of difference from the stock set up? also wouldnt running the hub on the very bottom hole increase the camber gain? unless you put washers under the ball studs on the bulkhead.