PDA

View Full Version : New tyres and wheels for Macnum

paulbadassbriant
17-03-2010, 08:13 PM
So apart from the stock tyres and wheels, what other ones will fit? just wanted some other ones for different terrains, and do the front stock ones with the ribs really make any difference with the steering??

Paul

Shannow
18-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Schumacher Mini Spikes work very well and fit perfectly (make sure you get the truck version rather than the buggy) - Used these for racing on polished floor and they were far better than the standard tyres.

The front ribs give less straight line drag but should grip in the corners - again these work better on grass / astroturf rather than polished floors.

madwestmo
18-03-2010, 05:28 AM
tbh the last thing you want on a polished floor is mini spikes as these are made for grass/astroturf

For polished floor use schumacher yellow mini pins

paulbadassbriant
18-03-2010, 02:28 PM
So what Schumacher ones are the right fit?

peetbee
18-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Any of these:
http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/category/Product_Category/subcategory/Wheels_Tyres_and_Inserts/templateid/12/searchbox7/2.2_Truck_Tyres.html

Compound and 'tread pattern' will depend on what surface you are running on.
Yellows are high grip but wear faster, Blue's lower grip but hard wearing.

Micro spikes, very high grip (ideal for polished surface) but also high wearing. Vee2 & Vee 4 harder wearing and Mini spikes somewhere in between.
Never used the stagger rib or Chevron tread patterns but imaging they'd be better for a high wear surface like gravel, tarmac, etc.

Using the part numbers you can shop around at any Schumacher stockist, you don't have to order them direct from the link I put above.

Hope this helps!

paulbadassbriant
18-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Cheers for that, what about wheels? wanted to get some other ones if i could, thanks

Paul

Shannow
18-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Unless I'm mistaken you can't get truck mini pins, hence the mini spikes on polished floor...

I did try some treaded road type tyres (can't remember which) but while they might be hard wearing they gave very litte grip.

paulbadassbriant
18-03-2010, 06:09 PM
According to the internet its a 12mm fitting and 2.2 inch, does that mean these will fit?

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car/item/HPI-3051-Split-5-Truck-Wheel-Black-Firestorm-Hex-Fit__2661/

and any 2.2 tyre on it?

Shannow
18-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Yep, I'd say so (but haven't got those wheels to say for certain) - 12mm hex is what your looking for. The width of the car may increase/decrease slightly if the hubs vary in depth to the macnum ones but this shouldn't be an issue.