PDA

View Full Version : Stoke

gazoff
18-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Hi

Getting ready for a crack at the regional series, could anybody tell me what tyres (front and rear) work at Stoke ?

Thanks

MikePimlott
18-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Last year 4WD i used Schumacher yellow minispikes, but then it rained and i went on to Ballistic buggy greens.

both worked well.

tyreman
18-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Are we at the nitro club again this year, or are we returning to the school??

Mossy
18-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Nitro Club. They have done some good work on the track to make it more suitable for buggies, so should be a great season opener. Yellow mini spikes if dry, Ballistics if not as said earlier.

Si

tyreman
18-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Cheers Si

Bluelock1
19-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Hello!

If it were to be a wet day, what do the ballistic's have that the schumacher's don't have for grip levels? are they are softer compound?

cheers

markwilliamson2001
19-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Not too sure, but Green Ballistics work well, when its damp. Probably due to the compound I guess. They are also a slighlty longer spike, than the schumachers, and Schumacher yellows dont work in the wet anyway...

Schumacher Greens maybe worth a shot, but I would stick with the Ballistics IMO.

HTH

IceMike
19-03-2010, 03:40 PM
i always thought it was more to do with the profile of the tyre, being flat for more serfice area, and not ballooning as much under power. but this results in less side bite as the tyre doesnt roll with the car so just slides.

gazoff
20-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the info, will there be a shop at the meeting for tyres and spares ?

AntH
21-03-2010, 10:20 AM
For 2wd then, what do people do about front tyres when running ballistics? There are no 2wd fronts right? Its it just a case of running the 4wd fronts? Also anyone got a B4 setup for Stoke please?! I've never ran it outside yet... Cheers.

IceMike
22-03-2010, 09:00 AM
it will be the first time on the track for most of us. so i dont know if anyone will have a setup. just start with a standard astro setup and work from there.

panch
22-03-2010, 09:15 AM
For 2wd then, what do people do about front tyres when running ballistics? There are no 2wd fronts right? Its it just a case of running the 4wd fronts? Also anyone got a B4 setup for Stoke please?! I've never ran it outside yet... Cheers.

Ant.. Ballistic do do a 2wd front but its a stud not a spike, Only the rear tyres are controlled at Regional / National events so thats not a problem, however i alway have a set of 4wd fronts glued too..

Alternatively try Schuey fronts with ballistic rears, but stick to the"if its dry Schuey Yellows and if its wet Ballistic greens on the rear axle" and you wont be far wrong IMO:thumbsup:

Ballistic Greens are a softer compound that Schuey Yellows and this will add more grip as mentioned and im sure as Mike says the tyre profile will contribute too..

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

AntH
23-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Ant.. Ballistic do do a 2wd front but its a stud not a spike, Only the rear tyres are controlled at Regional / National events so thats not a problem, however i alway have a set of 4wd fronts glued too..

Alternatively try Schuey fronts with ballistic rears, but stick to the"if its dry Schuey Yellows and if its wet Ballistic greens on the rear axle" and you wont be far wrong IMO:thumbsup:

Ballistic Greens are a softer compound that Schuey Yellows and this will add more grip as mentioned and im sure as Mike says the tyre profile will contribute too..

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice, so do you reckon if its wet (likely!) then BB Green spikes on the back and green schumacher minis on the front would be best? Are the BB studs higher than schmacher minis? Cheers.

pugboy
01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
What time do gates open on Sunday, and what is the likely booking in and start of practice scheduled for? I can't find it on the Mid West site.

Cheers

Chris

Ben.G
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Can`t wait for sunday going to be awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mossy
01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Ill be down for around 7 i guess, practice around 8:30 i think according to Tom.

bert digler
01-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Ill be down for around 7 i guess, practice around 8:30 i think according to Tom.

was speaking to jase fowler he says they've made some track changes to accommadate buggies better:)

plod
01-04-2010, 09:14 PM
can't say i'm not very dissapointed that the Short Course class has been axed, as was really looking forward to that.
Found it especially surprising that only 4 people booked in for it, and 3 of those were from Coventry - ah well roll on Oswestry and fingers crossed more entrants

panch
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the advice, so do you reckon if its wet (likely!) then BB Green spikes on the back and green schumacher minis on the front would be best? Are the BB studs higher than schmacher minis? Cheers.

Ant...

If it is likely to be a tad damp all i can tell you at the moment is that I will be starting the X6 on BB green spikes on the rear and BB green 2wd studs on the front in practice, then will take it from there depending on how the astro is and how quickly the line dries up :D

Just checked the weather apps on the iphone though and it looks cloudy with a bit of sun and apparently a 30% chance of precipitation !!!

We might just make a dry day of it yet :thumbsup:

Anyone local to Stoke that can tell us what the weather is REALLY doing as I never trust these apps / metoffice..

Danny McGee
02-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Post code for the above please?

Is it open practise ?

Time that may start

ta

njc11
02-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Booking in 8.30

Practice 9am

Qual 10am

:thumbsup:

tony12795
02-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Hope you have booked in Danny? You have to book in the Wednesday before the meeting by mid-day. If not, you don't get to Practise, you pay an extra £2 and you go in heat 1..... :thumbdown:

Tony

ashleyb4
02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Practise is in heat order if my memory serves me correctly unless its changed.

Danny you might be in my heat... :lol::p

A

Yardeeee
02-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Hope you have booked in Danny? You have to book in the Wednesday before the meeting by mid-day. If not, you don't get to Practise, you pay an extra £2 and you go in heat 1..... :thumbdown:

Tony

He entered last sunday night...

booking in should start by 8.30am and we will get practice underway as soon as possible in hear order, 1 single round of 5 mins each.

Drivers briefing will follow and qualifying will begin at 10am.

See you all there

matdodd
02-04-2010, 10:20 PM

Tony

:o you weren't late again Tony

matdodd
02-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the info, will there be a shop at the meeting for tyres and spares ?

Ill have some tyres with me for sale anyone needs some

Danny McGee
02-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Ill have some tyres with me for sale anyone needs some

and the post code for it? From what ive read there's two tracks and having not been there before id like to know where im going.

:)

tony12795
03-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Danny, try here:-

http://www.stokercmcc.co.uk/

or here:-

http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/

Mossy
03-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Ill try and post a weather update later tonight when i get up to Stoke, although me and Jones are out for a few beers so may not be a priority lol.

Danny - dont use the Stoke RCMCC website for directions, use the Mid West one as the address for the track is correct.

Si

Jonesy
03-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Ill try and post a weather update later tonight when i get up to Stoke, although me and Jones are out for a few beers so may not be a priority lol.

Danny - dont use the Stoke RCMCC website for directions, use the Mid West one as the address for the track is correct.

Si

Weather is not a priority tonight Si, my mate Stella is! :thumbsup:

Danny McGee
03-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Weather is not a priority tonight Si, my mate Stella is! :thumbsup:

So B main tomorrow then you two :).....

Make sure you do a track with plenty of jumps thats interesting to drive. weather seems like it will be o.k so all is well

matdodd
03-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Its a 8th track mate so there are jumps

ashleyb4
03-04-2010, 09:58 PM
But not a bad 8th track.

A

ashleyb4
04-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Sitting watching the b final matt dodd won first leg Simon moss won the second.

GRIFF55
04-04-2010, 03:15 PM
whos in the a then ash? any pics?

Jonesy
04-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks to all at the Stoke club for todays meeting even though I found it very hard with the B4 hence the bad day!

It was good to be back outdoor racing though and good to see everyone, bring on Kiddy next week :thumbsup:

Big G
04-04-2010, 05:59 PM
really enjoyed the day. (only my 2nd meeting with the B4). so not too unhappy with my 7th in the E result :)

Starting to get the hang of this 2wd m'larky hehe :D

ashleyb4
04-04-2010, 07:08 PM
A finalist where...

Mossy
Doddy
Boggy
Yardy
Sleigh
Bish
Tinners
Robbo
Mcgee

Plus someone else i dont know

Not in the right order

And mr preddy was BQ

Personally i polled the E final Finishing second I couldnt keep with Andrew Mountford what an amazing drive.

Again thanks for everyone at stoke for all the hard work and of course the work that all the BRCA official do to run the meeting and series.

Cheers Ashley

Roll on Kiddy

Jonesy
04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Chris Lake was the last 'A' Finalist that Ash has missed off the list.

Well done to Lakey, his first A Final since his comeback (I think) :thumbsup:

Big G
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
I think I was stood next to you in the final then Ash. something about not letting Andy through so easily lol :D

Bluelock1
04-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Quality day! Not been buggy racing for a while!!

Big thanks to Geoff/Simon and family for putting the day on!!

neiloliver
05-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Results posted

www.brca-midwest.co.uk (http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk)

N

Ben Cosgrove
06-04-2010, 08:33 AM
great fun although i need to learn how to jump again! A winter of 12th doesn't help with jumping lol.

Roll on Kiddy next week!

Jamie B4
06-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Seconded - enjoyed the day although the track was difficult - as already said big thankyou to the Moss family and Stu Wyman - day ran smooth and good to be outside again - hope for better weather at Kiddy. Even got to do a little refereeing which gives you a different view to how hard the marshalls work for 5 mins.

J

pugboy
06-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Thirded! Enjoyable start to the regional series, well run as ever, and a good turnout. Weather not the best early on, my tarp blew away twice (Nick you're sacked as tarp pinner outer!):thumbsup: but once the hail and wind and rain settled down it was a good day.

Thought Jamie did a sterling job in his debut refereeing role as he reffed my heat a few times (although couldn't understand the scouse accent):D

Cheers to Stu Hurley for loan of the shell, it gave me a second a lap at least!:thumbsup:

Roll on Kiddy

Spencer Mulcahy
06-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Jamie Banks a ref now that must be a late april fool LOL. Did he call you names and shout if you didnt do as you where told te he.:woot:

Jamie B4
06-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks Spence - knew someone would comment - still trying anger management but refereeing is the way forward - all good fun - trying to learn off the master - MR JONES

ashleyb4
06-04-2010, 12:28 PM
PUT IT DOWN.... *neil*

Sorry for the love nudge in the last round of quali Chris :blush::blush:

A

pugboy
06-04-2010, 12:51 PM
PUT IT DOWN.... *neil*

Sorry for the love nudge in the last round of quali Chris :blush::blush:

A

No worries mate, it's just racing. I'm sure it wasn't deliberate. I was dilly dallying over the table top anyway, and was just going to let you through. It's a problem I often have in traffic as I try to rely on consistency rather than fastest lap times so I end up holding up faster single lap drivers (like you were on Sun). Scraped in the bottom of the C anyway so no probs. Final went to 5hit though as my slipper came loose. Will probably change to Losi slipper as am more familiar and never had any probs with that on my Losi cars. You drove a good final but that Andy Mountford was on a mission!

Looking forward to next round on Sunday. Can't wait to get the 'old timer' xx4 outdoors again.

Spence - Are you not doing Mid West? It's a good crack with the North West defecters.

Chris

Spencer Mulcahy
06-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Only joking Jamie good on you for having a go. Cant afford to do the mid west because of the cost of diesel Chris.

Jamie B4
06-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Will only be racing you at the nationals then spence. Looking forward to it - you doing them all

Spencer Mulcahy
06-04-2010, 08:45 PM
All apart from Stotfold should be good this year all the usual crew have upped there game.:thumbsup:

MikePimlott
06-04-2010, 11:29 PM
All apart from Stotfold should be good this year all the usual crew have upped there game.:thumbsup:

I'm feeling it :woot:

Spencer Mulcahy
07-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Let it go dirty boy.:woot: It is going to be good this year cant wait.:thumbsup:

Wacker 2
07-04-2010, 09:36 PM
I know the weather wasn't great but did anybody take any photos from the Stoke meeting last week?

I had a great time too... amazed that my car lasted the day without any breakages - v.tough track but v.satisfying when you huked up a sweet lap! I'm with Cosgrove tho, gotta learn to jump all over again... tend not to have too much call for jumps in 1/10th touring cars, lol!

Thanks to everybody that helped run the event, really enjoyed it. Maybe I'll be at the Kidderminster meeting so might see you all again soon.

Thanks, Jon!

Big G
07-04-2010, 09:53 PM
my missus took a few pics. only of me really though lol

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/Dizzie20vt/RC/IMG_2132Resized.jpg

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/Dizzie20vt/RC/IMG_2124Resized.jpg

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/Dizzie20vt/RC/IMG_2122Resized.jpg

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/Dizzie20vt/RC/IMG_2120Resized.jpg

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/Dizzie20vt/RC/IMG_2119Resized.jpg

MatJohnson
08-04-2010, 07:44 AM
3rd photo down, that fella stood at point 5, what a fat sod he is :) I look about 20 stone and wearing sunglasses in the rain!

IceMike
08-04-2010, 07:56 AM
3rd photo down, that fella stood at point 5, what a fat sod he is :) I look about 20 stone and wearing sunglasses in the rain!

yer u certainly look like u are tryin to be abit stelth, darkglasses and hoody up

Big G
08-04-2010, 11:10 AM
I had my hood up for about 2 minutes during the slight hail during heat 1 round 3 and my glasses on during the final. it clearly wasn't sunglasses weather before the finals imo

I'll tell her to take pics of everyone in the future :D

MatJohnson
08-04-2010, 12:22 PM
They change on their own, I didn't intentionally put sunglasses on :)

Big G
08-04-2010, 12:38 PM
ah that was you I was replacing on point 5 then :D

MatJohnson
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
And 7 in the final :)