20-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Is this correct??If so then why dont we have a thread/post :confused:

http://www.swmcrc.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=297.0

DCM
20-03-2010, 08:55 AM
you don't need permission to start a meeting thread.... :woot:

weeman
20-03-2010, 10:56 AM
:blush:ooh er...got that wrong!! My failed point is that you need to do lots of browsing and investigating on the net just to find basic info... we used to talk in my day...all clear now thanks:p

Dyna
20-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Didnt you know you have to be a mind-reader or psychic sometimes in Wales to work out whats going on, where and why in the Welsh R/C car world ??

You have to log onto at least 4 different websites/forums and maybe ask some random people you meet in the street to get the whole picture sometimes.... :lol: Or possibly information is only given out in code that only ex-WW2 Bletchley Park code-breaker veterans can decipher.... :lol:

Only joking... sort of... ;)

It is funny though, there is a nice just-for-Wales WRCA forum that absolutely no-one uses to centralise dates, discuss the whys and whatnots of events, suggestions, discuss future WRCA plans etc etc :confused:

Theres so much driver potential in Wales, some great clubs but it all looks and feels so.... dis-jointed and forgotton about ?

Hmmm maybe a thread for the WRCA forum - but then again no one would see it :lol:

weeman
20-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Spot on buddy!:thumbsup:

Belsten
20-03-2010, 05:10 PM
there is a wrca section on this awesome website :thumbsup:

GRIFF55
20-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Come racing in wales this weekend then Belsten!!!! You know you want to. (or is it easier to win elsewhere??):p:woot::p

Dyna
20-03-2010, 05:33 PM
there is a wrca section on this awesome website :thumbsup:

Yes but that's not the point Dave... :rolleyes: :p

If you are new to racing or just want to see what's happening R/C-wise in Wales, wouldn't it make sense to go to the WRCA website & forums, rather than a small section here and there and everywhere that you have to track down ? And even for individual clubs ? And maybe all the Welsh racers actually take pride in their racing in Wales rather than, for instance, racing else where... cough cough, Dave... :p

Ho hum. Maybe its just me then :lol:

GRIFF55
20-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Good point, what is the wrca website??
There are quite a few good clubs and drivers in wales so lets get promoting it and try to draw some big names/ more peeps to racing here. Its also a bloody damn good place to take a holiday!!!

DCM
20-03-2010, 07:12 PM
It isn't for want of trying to promote racing in Wales, but every club seems to want to do their own thing, and it is just a right royal pain in the arse. We have electric guys moaning that it is becoming to 'nitro' orientated, yet at the agm, only me turned up, so the whole discussion was around nitro, really. The meeting for the regionals, nobody from the electric side turned up.

In the end, knock the WRCA, but, it is our organisation, if we don't put anything into it, we don't get anything out of it.

GRIFF55
20-03-2010, 08:02 PM
True, thanks for that steve. I agree that the clubs seem to want to stick themselves to themselves, its a shame really as there are only a few at each who travel around. Saundersfoot will be travelling everywhere hopefully!!!:thumbsup:

Dyna
20-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Im not knocking the just WRCA as such DCM, its just about everybody racing R/C in Wales, including clubs :D :p

Look, theres an example just two post up of lack of communication and/or advertising the from WRCA - Griff, one of the best electric off-road drivers in the UK, not just Wales, and he dosent even know the WRCA website ?!? ( theres 2 Griff, just dont look in to far about Rodeo riding on the other one... :woot: )

Another example. After 15 years away from buggies i wanted to come back racing this winter in the Welsh Winter series which i believe, up until now, has been pretty regular every year. Nothing was announced on the WRCA webby and nothing was organised. Fair enough, sometimes things dont happen. But would it have been really that hard for someone to start a thread on the WRCA forum to announce there wasnt going to be a series ? Or the reasons why ? A good forum thread may have thrown up problems that could've been solved with communication from all parties, including those like me, just punters.

Then the AGM itself - if you dont happen to catch a thread on one of the many forums you dont even know theres one on to go to... I certainly didnt ? And theres nothing on the WRCA website itself about the dates of 2010's AGM's ?

Or the Summer Regionals - on the WRCA site the dates are up. But someone looking at that now might not see the other website forum threads about some of the dates clashing with other BRCA events and will probably need to be changed. Not even a side note to that effect. So you tentitively look at your holiday dates, pencil in this and that, and in a few weeks the dates have changed with probably no reason why on the website...:o

I can see the individual club problem for events and directions for them to go and yes that would take work to sort out, but surely updating the webby and at least trying to get the WRCA forums going again isnt too much to ask for ?

As i said, im probably in the minority here, and being as i dont race much atm i doubt my views are taken seriously, but if i were starting from scratch or a part-time racer the old, empty WRCA website and no post on the forums newer than January 2009 would wrongly convince me nothing much is happening round here Welsh racing wise... and as we know, thats not the case at all.

Come to think of it, I can see why Dave races in the Midlands now.. :lol:

DCM
20-03-2010, 08:08 PM
The other thing that has bugged me for the last few years, is the cost of entry to a regional, and the state of tracks that we have to endure.

DCM
20-03-2010, 08:18 PM
the big issue is that Touring Cars hit the off-road side, hard, some good clubs then folded, and nothing came in it's place. Now clubs are fed up of putting regionals on, and only getting 15 drivers, and drivers are fed up of travelling, paying National Entry fee money for small tracks, etc.

So until the Racers decide to take control and get their clubs organised, and willing to travel, the WRCA will always be like a ghost.

Belsten
20-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I dont really see any of the issues raised as a fault of the wrca, at the end of the day they are people that give up their time freely to provide a critical role. All feedback is good though and there will always be room for improvement as with any form of communication

Surely it is our job to promote our region ? I do take point about where I choose to represent region wise. Having said that
a) I spend my hard earned cash on the hobby and can race and represent what ever the hell region I choose to
b) I have raced in the midlands for more years than I care to remember.
I cant remember anyone whinging when Wales' only 1/10 buggy national winner and top 5 euros finisher raced there every month
c) Its a far higher standard of racing in the midlands and only improves my driving especially after such a long lay off
d) People there are quality and have been happy to take me under their wings and educate me (They have far more knowledge and high end racing experience than 99% of people associated with racing in Wales)
e) Its my money and I will race where I want (possibly covered by a)
f) More "high profile" or "better standard" 1/10th electric racers does not automatically mean more people joining the hobby or racing in Wales (National top boys excluded obviously)
g) I recognise and acknowledge and confirm that I will attend the majority of WRCA events this year and do whatever is required to promote and try to grow racing in Wales

I would love it if we could get half way back to how racing used to be in Wales with 120+ entrants to regionals

Rant over

Belsten
20-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Griff, one of the best electric off-road drivers in the UK, not just Wales, and he dosent even know the WRCA website ?!? ( theres 2 Griff, just dont look in to far about Rodeo riding on the other one... :woot: )

Im still laughing about that, his head is probably even bigger than normal now :woot:

Shouldnt this thread be moved to the WRCA section, nowt to do with Caldi really

DCM
20-03-2010, 09:27 PM
I totally agree with everything you say there, Dave. In the end, as there is little 'depth' of experience, it reflects in all ways. In the Hallicon days, there were plenty of clubs, and some didn't get a regional, as they just wasn't up to scratch, now every club gets one, if they want one, they don't even have to earn it.

But then, I think it is a chicken and the egg approach, you put on good meetings, word WILL get about and bring back racers, but if you don't have the racers you won't have good meetings, as a good meeting isn't just about the track, it is about who you race against.

People can't moan when they don't make an effort to change things either. Thats why I went on the WRCA this year, as if I hadn't, there would of been no 10th guys on the committee, and that is wrong.

Personally, if I was in charge, it would be a lot stricter, I would dearly love to find another 'John Partridge' to do the race control, and centralise booking in, I would give drivers a good entry fee, for booking in early, and would run the meetings to a strict timetable, and if you are late, and not contacted the Race Director.... then tough shit.

What the CLUBS and the WRCA need to do, is to attract drivers back to the Welsh Region, rather than moaning at them for racing elsewhere.

Belsten
20-03-2010, 09:41 PM
agreed and partly the reason for doing much more racing in wales this year albeit I have only been back a couple

Both Griff and I will be doing most of the Welsh so if we can both resist the temptation of having too much fun then it should hopefully provide some good close racing especially with Craig and others (no disrespect to anyone else(owen is looking like he will keep us honest(one to watch for sure)

Im not 100% that strict is what Wales needs at the mo especially with the low buggy numbers, possibly adopt the midwests structure (late entries or entries on the day are an additional £2)

Another Partridge is surely not possible, amazing person that is dearly missed and not possible to replicate

I am more than happy to take on any activity/role to help promote and grow racing in Wales and would love to see things improve :wub Apart from anything else it would be less travelling :D

I totally agree with everything you say there, Dave. In the end, as there is little 'depth' of experience, it reflects in all ways. In the Hallicon days, there were plenty of clubs, and some didn't get a regional, as they just wasn't up to scratch, now every club gets one, if they want one, they don't even have to earn it.

But then, I think it is a chicken and the egg approach, you put on good meetings, word WILL get about and bring back racers, but if you don't have the racers you won't have good meetings, as a good meeting isn't just about the track, it is about who you race against.

People can't moan when they don't make an effort to change things either. Thats why I went on the WRCA this year, as if I hadn't, there would of been no 10th guys on the committee, and that is wrong.

Personally, if I was in charge, it would be a lot stricter, I would dearly love to find another 'John Partridge' to do the race control, and centralise booking in, I would give drivers a good entry fee, for booking in early, and would run the meetings to a strict timetable, and if you are late, and not contacted the Race Director.... then tough shit.

What the CLUBS and the WRCA need to do, is to attract drivers back to the Welsh Region, rather than moaning at them for racing elsewhere.

GRIFF55
20-03-2010, 09:56 PM
nice comments there !!!!:wub (not sure if they're right tho!)

Yes, me and downramp dave will be doing the welsh this year and i also agree that too strict drives people away. We will try and not have toooo much fun tho dave! hahaha (i just hope you dont jump the track again, i'm not bitter!!!:p)
We used to have many national std tracks in wales and it would be nice to get it back on the map like dave said, 120+ drivers at regionals was awesome. Get some stickers made up and we can roll with them when we race away to help promote the wrca, i'm sure.

Belsten
20-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Maybe we can use our master powers of persuasion to get more high profile racers to do the ocassional welsh meet :eh?: to help boost the profile ?????

nice comments there !!!!:wub (not sure if they're right tho!)

Yes, me and downramp dave will be doing the welsh this year and i also agree that too strict drives people away. We will try and not have toooo much fun tho dave! hahaha (i just hope you dont jump the track again, i'm not bitter!!!:p)
We used to have many national std tracks in wales and it would be nice to get it back on the map like dave said, 120+ drivers at regionals was awesome. Get some stickers made up and we can roll with them when we race away to help promote the wrca, i'm sure.

GRIFF55
20-03-2010, 10:14 PM
urgh, urgh, urgh urgh, slurp slurp:woot::woot::woot::woot:
you munchin tomoz, or coming down here?? Maggsy's coming:thumbsup:

Just sent you email too

Belsten
20-03-2010, 10:27 PM
munchin :woot:

no email received :cry:

Dyna
20-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Hmmm im certainly not disrespecting you for where you choose to drive Dave, that was honestly just jesting with you... :bored: If i have offended you for that then i apologise.

In a past life as a wanabee tennis player I spent years playing anywhere where i could get the best competition that i felt would improve my game - anywhere in the UK, and often over in France to get claycourt experience. But i never forgot where i lived, I represented my Club & County when i could sometimes sacrificing bigger tournaments, even if the competition was not as strong as i wanted it to be. Not unlike your driving situation i think ?

Im just making the point that with talent such as yourself, Griff & Craig to name the three 'big' names, surely we should be making use the names & reputation of people such as yourselves to make Welsh Buggy Racing more popular again ? And maybe encourage younger drivers to take over your mantles in the future ? How many youngsters do we see these days that stick at it ? Most of the people down Caldicot are mostly 25+, some, ahem, even more... :blush: Not particulary good for the future of the sport ?

I still feel im right about the WRCA site & forums though. Maybe a good idea is to get the Forums up and running again and get people to put ideas together ? Or at least to 'centralise' ideas rather than being spread out everywhere ?

I also agree with DCM's ( Steve is it ? Sorry i dont think we've met ? Hello :D ) idea of a stricter structure might also bear fruit - would a seperate electric buggy committee be an plausable idea ? In my experience a committee running 2 or 3 sections within the one committee is largley controlled by the majority of one section... by the sounds of it, that could be the case here ? Its either biased heavily towards one section or there are so many compromises no-one is happy... Been there, done that, got the bruises !

Hmmm i think i may end up upsetting the applecart here a bit, if anyone thinks im going over the top just say so and ill shut up.

Maybe :lol:

DCM
20-03-2010, 11:05 PM
I miss, in order of Missness...

Neath (at BP Llandarsy)
Abergavenny
Oakdale

The more drivers, the merrier.....

As for strictness, I mean, in the likes of time keeping on the day, etc, fed up of getting somewhere at 8am not to actually start till 11.... at least

DCM
20-03-2010, 11:08 PM
I also agree with DCM's ( Steve is it ? Sorry i dont think we've met ? Hello :D ) idea of a stricter structure might also bear fruit - would a seperate electric buggy committee be an plausable idea ? In my experience a committee running 2 or 3 sections within the one committee is largley controlled by the majority of one section... by the sounds of it, that could be the case here ? Its either biased heavily towards one section or there are so many compromises no-one is happy... Been there, done that, got the bruises !

Hmmm i think i may end up upsetting the applecart here a bit, if anyone thinks im going over the top just say so and ill shut up.

Maybe :lol:

Seperate sections would be a good idea, but currently, until more 10th runners step up to the plate, it would be left to me and Pete, and we would just be Vintage or ban non-tamiya cars lol..... but the idea of seperate sections has been discussed.

And yeap, Steve... Dave's painting bitch..

Belsten
20-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Not at all Matt, just unfortunate you should be the last in a line of people saying what you have said in jest, that they have said in seriousness, hence the slightly annoyed response, sorry (Steve aka DCM will know following our convo the other evening)

Just to re-iterate, the so called "big names" which doesnt really sit that comfortably, will be flying the flag this season so lets try and get it done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

As mentioned, there is deffo some really promising talent present, lets develop that and bring in some more, we are a pretty friendly bunch after all arent we :confused:

Anyhow Steve, is my shell done yet ? I know I havent given you it yet but is it ready yet ? What about now ? Now :woot::woot::woot::woot: How about now :woot:

DCM
20-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Anyhow Steve, is my shell done yet ? I know I havent given you it yet but is it ready yet ? What about now ? Now :woot::woot::woot::woot: How about now :woot:

It's all done dooode, in my head, which is far better, as I won't be sneezing blue, white and pink boogers tomorrow :woot: :woot:

In all seriousness though...... I would love to make BIG changes to get things working better, and I fully know a few things....

1) I won't be popular
2) I WILL piss some people off
3) It won't fully happen this year, but some things can
4) It will be so worth it to have GOOD racing back in Wales

p.s. the new COBRA venue is bigger than a big thing thats been pumped up to XXL

Belsten
20-03-2010, 11:35 PM
In all seriousness though...... I would love to make BIG changes to get things working better, and I fully know a few things....

1) I won't be popular - Any different to normal ?
2) I WILL piss some people off - As above
p.s. the new COBRA venue is bigger than a big thing thats been pumped up to XXL

Comments added, yes ive been drinking and I do think Im funny

No one is ever popular for trying to introduce change

Craig
20-03-2010, 11:46 PM
WRCA 1/10th buggies at swansea this year was quite intresting.............

4wd was me and Rob West and i think one other. Well the meeting was crap. Track was undriveable for 1/10th and all the wrca seemed to be intrested in was the nitro. Scrap the nitro and put the WRCA back to what it was. A 1/10th electric regional.

DCM
20-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Mr Belsten.... you are duly charged with PUI..... Posting Under the Influence!!! :woot:

Belsten
20-03-2010, 11:54 PM
WRCA 1/10th buggies at swansea this year was quite intresting.............

4wd was me and Rob West and i think one other. Well the meeting was crap. Track was undriveable for 1/10th and all the wrca seemed to be intrested in was the nitro. Scrap the nitro and put the WRCA back to what it was. A 1/10th electric regional.

Any chance of offering something a little more constructive or positive Craig ?

Mr Belsten.... you are duly charged with PUI..... Posting Under the Influence!!! :woot:

I apologise :p

Craig
20-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Any chance of offering something a little more constructive or positive Craig ?

I apologise :p

Not really, was so dissapointed with the WRCA event. Had not done one for a few years as been racing touring cars so just wanted some where local to race.

When i stopped doing the WRCA events nitro was just starting to "creep" in to the frame. Was never a good thing really. Do miss the winter events though.

Might drag the buggy off the shelf this year if there is promise of a well run meeting!

weeman
21-03-2010, 01:45 AM
All this constructive and positive banter:thumbsup:(hopefully not just banter though) Lovin it guys...Who'd have thought a 13yr old newbee could have stirred up so much trouble!! I predict an awesome season for 10th electric racing in wales:D Keep that kettle boiling big guns!
O,s pop:p

peetbee
21-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Unfortunately as 10th is no longer as popular as it used to be it means the youngsters are getting into the other classes first.
It also means that we have to share the tracks and clubs with the 8th guys if we want more than 2 rounds of a regional championship.

Since I started up again the WRCA site and forums have always been dead quiet, I just don't think there's sufficient interest for a standalone site to work. We've this section on the best forum for 10th offroad, but is there an equivalent on an 8th forum? (I don't even know of any 8th forums!)

Let's try and pull together and publicise this season's regionals and get the entries up a bit.

Steve, something you ought to know about Matt (Dyna) is that if we did make it vintage or Tamiya only then it's only going to encourage him!! Just thinking actually, there will easily be enough Tamiyas to fill a heat if we all turned up to the same meeting!

And finally, Mr Harris and I have done our part for making sure that there will be at least 2 under 25s racing 10th before too long, now over to the rest of you:woot:

DCM
21-03-2010, 10:31 PM
don't forget, I got my lot racing, well, 60% of them

peetbee
21-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Sorry Steve, I didn't mean to leave you out, it was more of a reference to Caldicot!

axeman
23-03-2010, 07:49 AM
www.maxbashing.com (http://www.maxbashing.com)
The ultimate 1/8th forum!!!!!!

Since I started up again the WRCA site and forums have always been dead quiet, I just don't think there's sufficient interest for a standalone site to work. We've this section on the best forum for 10th offroad, but is there an equivalent on an 8th forum? (I don't even know of any 8th forums!)