PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying format

mikeyscott
21-03-2010, 09:02 PM
What qualifying format do people want at TORCH?

FTD or Round by round?

I'd like to try round by round in the coming weeks.

RobW
22-03-2010, 11:27 AM
I prefer FTD as it encourages me to try and and improve my overall time each run.

If I was winning my heat in round by round I think I would be more likely to pace myself to make sure I won the heat and therefore the round rather than push myself to improve my FTD. Might be different once we have more than one heat per class as the other heat might be quicker.

Understand round by round is fairer when the track conditions change over the course of the meeting but once we get to the drier weather the track should not change too much??

Happy to give round by round a go though - variety is the spice of life and all that.

Rob

mikeyscott
22-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I've only do the round by round once at EPR and it worked well.

I suppose it adds a racing element a bit more to qualifying?

David Church
22-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I prefer round by round, it makes for a friendlier days racing. FTD can promote the win it or bin it style.
Just my 2 cents

AmiSMB
23-03-2010, 08:03 AM
To me Round by round rewards consistency in both driving and reliability of the car and FTD just rewards speed.

simoncrabb
23-03-2010, 08:38 AM
I prefer round by round, it feels more relaxed and no pressure to put in a perfect run.

super gripper
23-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Did we not vote for this before?

I think it was won on FTD last time, it confuses some races when it keeps changing.

Maybe it should be decided track side before we race on a vote and stick to it.

mikeyscott
23-03-2010, 11:05 AM
No that was staggered starts. That still remains with round by round.

mikeyscott
23-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Whatever qualifying format we do it will still be staggered starts

super gripper
23-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Whatever qualifying format we do it will still be staggered starts

Oh right ok.

A vote trackside might be best or the poll voting we had last time perhaps?

I will not be racing for a few weeks.

mikeyscott
23-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh right ok.

A vote trackside might be best or the poll voting we had last time perhaps?

I will not be racing for a few weeks.

Certainly can do. I was interested in peoples thoughts if they'd do it elsewhere :)

I've only done round by round once before and I can see Dave C's view were it makes it more relaxed and also rewards consistency.

Equally I can see how it's fun to chase down the FTD time, but it's also a backside saver when you need to pull something out of the bag!

mikeyscott
23-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Did we not vote for this before?

I think it was won on FTD last time, it confuses some races when it keeps changing.

Maybe it should be decided track side before we race on a vote and stick to it.

It hasn't changed at all since last time.

SteveB
23-03-2010, 08:12 PM
What qualifying format do people want at TORCH?

FTD or Round by round?

I'd like to try round by round in the coming weeks.

We will need to ask and seek our members views and get their support with any change to format.
Only issues need to be raised is timing of sorting finals and the true benefit at small turn outs.
With less than 30 driivers at general morning meets it will only seem to slow things down and confuse people.
This will add benefit to all day meetings and championship meets. However our members will decide?