PDA

View Full Version : What motor is everyone running?

littlened
22-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I plan on racing this weekend, and wondered what motor everyone was running?

I remember someone mentioning not to run any lower than a 6.5t at Jarrow?

chris68nufc
22-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Ive got a 7.5 in my Durango and its far too fast!

If your motor is too fast all you will be doing is crashing. Try a 7.5 in 4WD or a 8.5 in 2WD.

Outdoors is different if you are going to do Regionals.

N7ELA
22-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I plan on racing this weekend, and wondered what motor everyone was running?

I remember someone mentioning not to run any lower than a 6.5t at Jarrow?

I would advise not running any motor at Jarrow as we've moved to seaham...

You can use anything from a 3 turn to an 8 turn. I use a 6.5 and normally have to turn the end point down to 80 %. a 7.5 is probably best.

littlened
22-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I would advise not running any motor at Jarrow as we've moved to seaham...

You can use anything from a 3 turn to an 8 turn. I use a 6.5 and normally have to turn the end point down to 80 %. a 7.5 is probably best.

Yeh I meant at jarrow it was recommended not to run anything lower than a 6.5, just wondered if it was the same at seaham.

I've got a 7.5 now, but have a 9.5 as well. This is the 2nd time I'll have raced in 14 year, so I'm wondering if I should stick with the 7.5 and turn the end point down, or use the 9.5 and probably still turn the end point down?

Common sense is telling me to go for the 9.5

chrispattinson
23-03-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm running a 5.5 in 2WD and 5.5 in 4WD.
It just means I dont need to swap motors when racing outdoor.
Just ask Chris Stewarrt, .... Ive had the 5.5 in the B4 for about 4 years now, never changed it.... or the diff, slipper, spur, servo, speedo, shock oil, bearings...........

littlened
23-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm running a 5.5 in 2WD and 5.5 in 4WD.
It just means I dont need to swap motors when racing outdoor.
Just ask Chris Stewarrt, .... Ive had the 5.5 in the B4 for about 4 years now, never changed it.... or the diff, slipper, spur, servo, speedo, shock oil, bearings...........

Hmmm, wonder if I should stick the 4t in then :D

Only joking, the 4t is way to fast and totally uncontrollable for someone like me.

I think i'll just turn the end point right down for sunday using the 7.5, just concentrate on getting round the track in one piece, and if it goes well, I can just adjust the end point to get a bit more speed.

chrispattinson
23-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Hmmm, wonder if I should stick the 4t in then :D

Only joking, the 4t is way to fast and totally uncontrollable for someone like me.

I think i'll just turn the end point right down for sunday using the 7.5, just concentrate on getting round the track in one piece, and if it goes well, I can just adjust the end point to get a bit more speed.

Sounds like a good plan.

AdamS
23-03-2010, 10:29 AM
I went for a rediclous 3 turn motor...... i soon learned the error of my ways.... im now running a 5.5 turn Novak now which is more than enough punch, even with my speedo on setting 2 and throtle turned down to 80%

racdeaf
23-03-2010, 12:01 PM
7.5 motor for me
still quick enough racing at york sat night :thumbsup: